Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal is just crazy.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jasleen

Recruiter

01-07-2013

Those flowers...

Xulsigae

01-07-2013

Quote:
Anemonet:
Now, you might be a professional hopskotch player,you know, jumping around things, avoiding things, but let's reword that.

"It doesn't cause you a direct problem" - "There is no negative effect for spamming the report button"

"I assume it makes the tribunal better, but have no concrete evidence because there's no cases of people complaining about losing weight because the general community has no idea if they've lost weight, and if they're about to how to reform."

Once you set that there ego aside, what you say makes tons of sense. Admittance is SO hard.

Oh well. Believe what you want.

Anemonet

01-07-2013

Quote:
Xulsigae:
Oh well. Believe what you want.

I tend to believe in what's logical, and I won't support a system with so many flaws from a company that I assume ignores the complaints about their system and have no intentions of attempting to reform it.

Krimson62

01-07-2013

Quote:
Xulsigae:
What does 20% of players with bad attitude have to do with the voting percentage of the Tribunal?
Sure. He can take any champion anywhere he wants. But communicating with the rest of the team is essential. If there already is a jungler, then why would you take another jungler?
I don't think he was reported for taking MF jungle. Reading the case, it seems far more likely it was for attitude and not helping the team in the best way possible. Taking Smite on anyone who isn't jungling just screams 'troll' to me based on so many other cases of it happening.

Because if he had snapped this one time, he wouldn't be in the Tribunal. It takes hundreds of reports and quite a few games to get into it. One snap isn't going to generate the number of reports necessary.

it means each team gets one every game, and sometimes teams get 2

He had already locked in a jungler. and he says he told his intentions. You dont know what was said in pregame chat so it is not right to punish on it.

His team trolled him, in both games we saw. Eventually people trolling you gets on your nerves, and he lost it a bit. Which is perfectly fine under the summoners code.

If you would have listened to the posts earlier he probably gets reported simply for playing jungle MF. He's doing nothing wrong but getting reported he will still end up in the tribunal. you seem to keep skipping that fact for some reason

Krimson62

01-07-2013

Quote:
Dragonsbaine:
refusal to communicate... um thats what the report was, and there wasn't one word from the suspect until the ending "gg"

how do you know he didnt ping?

You don't, so it's not really acceptable to punish without knowing for certain

Anemonet

01-07-2013

Quote:
Krimson62:

He had already locked in a jungler. and he says he told his intentions. You dont know what was said in pregame chat so it is not right to punish on it.

His team trolled him, in both games we saw. Eventually people trolling you gets on your nerves, and he lost it a bit. Which is perfectly fine under the summoners code.

If you would have listened to the posts earlier he probably gets reported simply for playing jungle MF. He's doing nothing wrong but getting reported he will still end up in the tribunal. you seem to keep skipping that fact for some reason

Also quite notable, the person might have called the jungle position, had picked it first, and simply gotten reported for it based on their team deciding it doesn't fit the meta, and their other jungler fit it more, so the MF heeded more weight for a reportable offense against this double jungle team.

But, I guess it's impossible for people to lie about champion select.

As far as anyone knows the players in the champion are deem-able far more toxic, but the tribunal would defend them if it meant that the tribunal, defending something that's possibly wrong, would make it right in the "right light"

Xulsigae

01-07-2013

Quote:
Krimson62:

So what does that say about community rather than the Tribunal?
I don't punish based on what I think happened in pre or post chat. I look at what is presented to us.
No it's not. Losing it and shouting at the top of your lungs and such is okay. But taking it out on other people isn't.
Instalocking a champion that is pretty much used as an ADC and then keeping smite on said champion suggests to me a lack of caring about what the team needs. Along with saying that a Lee has been trolling a game by jungling when taking MF jungle...that screams 'I don't care about the team' to me.

Anemonet

01-07-2013

Quote:
Xulsigae:
I don't punish based on what I think happened in pre or post chat. I look at what is presented to us.

Translation: "I don't consider other possibilities, I only see what is directly in front of me"

There's your biggest flaw of the tribunal, you don't see the whole story, and it's filled with narrow minded people.

"MF used for mainly ADC, jungling blah blah" "I don't think that's in their best interest for the team"

How do you know they haven't had previous success? The fact is, without other people learning the meta on their own, and teaching it to everyone else, no one would know the meta, and the meta changes, anything about what MF is usually used as is completely invalid as a supporting statement, and "I don't think that's good for their team" is invalid because maybe they thought it was. You can't punish them for thinking something and being wrong about it.

Shenhau

01-07-2013

This is more in terms of the tribunal needs fixed not that I find this case right or wrong but yeah, it goes both ways. Its not always all punish punish punish, some do get pardoned for no reason. Case in point.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6095534/

Person on a smurf, should have gotten a time ban/warning whatever.

poonslayerhahaha

01-07-2013

dont say anything in LoL tribunal is broken and you will get banned