Tribunal is just crazy.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
60% is the lowest ive ever seen the number. people have spammed punish as tests, and it is always between 70-80%. And no i dont honestly trust lyte. since he contradicts his own system whenever he needs to come into a thread and he will use information we did not have to determine that riot will do nothing. If he is going to step in he should use the same information we were given in the tribunal to make a decision. Riot downright refuses to admit there are ANY flaws in their system, and always strive to make it look better than it is.

according to lyte just being in the tribunal is bannable since it takes so many reports to get there... but if that's true every case should have at least 5 games to judge.

fewer reports would be good because it means people are being nicer to each other.

Do we really want to just punish? or would we like to reform?

As for the community deciding the rules... We have one of if not the worst community in the gaming world... You really want that community deciding things?
So they are wrong 20% of the time. Perhaps 60% is right? 80-20 is 60.
According to Lyte as well it takes hundreds of reports to get into the Tribunal. Not every game is presented, only a random sample.
I don't see the fewer reports having an impact. Before the Tribunal, people were being nasty to each other. After the Tribunal, people were being nasty to each other, but could be reported for their nastiness.
Sure. I think that the majority of the community is decent, as with most of humanity. There are 'bad apples' of course, those are present in just about any population. Though we may see them as more common than they actually are, they don't represent us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anemonet

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
Why would fewer reports be a good thing? If you over use the report function, you get less weight on your reports. There is already a built in function to punish people who report too much.


Alrighty then, here's some logic for you.


"Less weight on your reports" an actual punishment?

Let's say I report 1 person each game, and since then I've never seen them. I solo queue quite frequently.

I have no weight on my punishments whatsoever, how do I know that?

How do I know the people I reported had received any form of punishment at all?

If I played with a terrible gangplank, reported him, did not know my reports heed no weight, and never saw him again, how does this "punishment" affect me by any means?

The report button is overused, racking up "hundreds of reports to get into the tribunal" takes little to no time at all considering how often it is literally "spammed" for actual plausible punishments or not.

The system is so convenient it can be taken seriously without any actual reason, such as case 2 in the OP's reform card.

The person to report this person, along with the others who reported him, caused this person a loss of which he might have spent much time and money in the course of 2 seconds and a click.

The system doesn't tell you if people you report get banned, so without knowing any "weight" you have you're probably going to assume you have full, and the report button is so convenient, why not use it as much as possible?

It is literally, being at a daycare, and having people whine and cry at every single thing you do they dislike, or possibly actually hold value or punishment. There's no adult to say "just ignore them. Do something else. Don't worry about this person right now" because everytime someone tattles, it's taken seriously. But wait, the community can choose to pardon or punish the case heeding weight? The community pardoning or punishing, are the children at the daycare, not the adults. Personally, if something I put much time into is up for stake, I wouldn't want a child having any weight in the say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr M0nday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Absolutely no idea why this guy is getting downvoted, yet people who are defending him are getting upvotes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemonet View Post
Alrighty then, here's some logic for you.


"Less weight on your reports" an actual punishment?

Let's say I report 1 person each game, and since then I've never seen them. I solo queue quite frequently.

I have no weight on my punishments whatsoever, how do I know that?

How do I know the people I reported had received any form of punishment at all?

If I played with a terrible gangplank, reported him, did not know my reports heed no weight, and never saw him again, how does this "punishment" affect me by any means?

The report button is overused, racking up "hundreds of reports to get into the tribunal" takes little to no time at all considering how often it is literally "spammed" for actual plausible punishments or not.

The system is so convenient it can be taken seriously without any actual reason, such as case 2 in the OP's reform card.

The person to report this person, along with the others who reported him, caused this person a loss of which he might have spent much time and money in the course of 2 seconds and a click.

The system doesn't tell you if people you report get banned, so without knowing any "weight" you have you're probably going to assume you have full, and the report button is so convenient, why not use it as much as possible?

It is literally, being at a daycare, and having people whine and cry at every single thing you do they dislike, or possibly actually hold value or punishment. There's no adult to say "just ignore them. Do something else. Don't worry about this person right now" because everytime someone tattles, it's taken seriously.
You don't know it at all.
It doesn't need to affect you immediately. Know that other people are reporting legitimately unpleasant players and other people are reading the chats and trying to keep unpleasant players out of your games. And if that Gangplank was as bad as you think he is and other people agree, it's likely he'll end up in the Tribunal.
You can keep using it as much as you'd like, just know that if you report willy-nilly, the less power you wield.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

camoflouge

Senior Member

01-07-2013

why were u top? you had 2 clear solo top champions on your team and fill the role of an adc. but you went top? make lee go top. make irelia go top. they are tanky enough to survive while you lane. you took the junglrs buffs? no wonder he didnt gank. you are terrible. looked at ur match history. lolking op. those mf games are horrible and you should feel bad for building like that. learn the scaling of skills, get apps for a phone or something before u play out some awkward build


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anemonet

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
You don't know it at all.
It doesn't need to affect you immediately. Know that other people are reporting legitimately unpleasant players and other people are reading the chats and trying to keep unpleasant players out of your games. And if that Gangplank was as bad as you think he is and other people agree, it's likely he'll end up in the Tribunal.
You can keep using it as much as you'd like, just know that if you report willy-nilly, the less power you wield.

How is not heeding weight in a report a punishment?

How does it directly affect a player in any negative impact besides losing what one once had, if what once had and not having it, show little to no difference.

Don't jump around this. I'm highly curious as to how having no weight is a negative on the reporter at all.

Does not having to deal with the same gangplank anymore stop you from the 2000 others you're going to meet?

Please tell me, how Shrodinger's cat, is a punishment. Even then, until we see that person again, we haven't opened the box, and that's IF we see them again provided they didn't just quit, or die, they might have left the game for purposes other than being banned.

There is NO consequence for spamming the report button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NepotisM

Member

01-07-2013

smite mf ftw.

my 14 days ban reason pales in comparison to urs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
So they are wrong 20% of the time. Perhaps 60% is right? 80-20 is 60.
According to Lyte as well it takes hundreds of reports to get into the Tribunal. Not every game is presented, only a random sample.
I don't see the fewer reports having an impact. Before the Tribunal, people were being nasty to each other. After the Tribunal, people were being nasty to each other, but could be reported for their nastiness.
Sure. I think that the majority of the community is decent, as with most of humanity. There are 'bad apples' of course, those are present in just about any population. Though we may see them as more common than they actually are, they don't represent us.

The problem is the bottom 20% of players (attitude wise not skill wise) are REALLY badand the numbers for those people are staggering.

Lets take this case for example... the OP runs jungle MF... but... not very well.
He is within the summoners code to pick whatever champion he wants in whatever role he wants.

Now it is within his right... but it only takes one teammate to report him for it... thats a 25% chance of a report just for playing his champion where he likes to play her.

This would easily gather him enough votes to appear in the tribunal without actually doing anything wrong.

Next we look at section 7 of the summoners code...

How do you know he hadn't just been fed up with being trolled constantly and then this one game he snapped. According to the summoners code, that is ok. So the summoners code has no concrete evidence of being broken... yet the player is still punished.

I feel there is something wrong with that. Since everyone seems to think getting mad makes someone toxic.

The system needs to have more ways to prevent people from punishing people like the OP due to lack of evidence. Either that or more evidence needs to be presented.

I'm not saying it has been bad all the time, hell it's probably right most of the time. but when it's wrong someone needs to step up and say "this one slipped through the cracks" that way people do not fear little mishaps like this one here


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemonet View Post
How is not heeding weight in a report a punishment?

How does it directly affect a player in any negative impact besides losing what one once had, if what once had and not having it, show little to no difference.

Don't jump around this. I'm highly curious as to how having no weight is a negative on the reporter at all.

Does not having to deal with the same gangplank anymore stop you from the 2000 others you're going to meet?
Because it means that your willy-nilly votes aren't going to influence cases. It's not a direct punishment like having your account banned.

No. Why should it? That Gangplank was one person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Did that happen

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear666 View Post
you did not communicate.
how is typing the only way to communicate tho. You don't know if this mf was pinging none stop or what. There is posts from riot stating that pinging is a fine way to communicate with the players in the game. Saying he didn't type doesn't mean he wasn't being helpful to the team.