Trundle

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conagozn

Member

01-06-2013

Am i the only one that thinks trundle is viable in ARAM/ABAM? For the most part I play Abams and a lot of the time i choose trundle. I think it mainly has to do with build choice and style of play. The way I play trundle is i Max E and get early CDR with spirit visage and glacial shroud. This leads me to around a 6 or 7 second cooldown on the pillar, that means there is only a 2 second period where it is not on the map. This is excellent for setting up blitz pulls or catching someone trying to poke us out of position. It also makes us impossible to chase when as soon as they leave the first pillar another one pops up right infront of it. Ive actually stopped a team from killing the nexus by making them unable to get to the nexus when my team died. Anyway, it might just be me but I have constant success with trundle.

TL;DR trundle is good in proving grounds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralfazar

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Wtf is ABAM? Is that supposed to be ARAB?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozenepic

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfazar View Post
Wtf is ABAM? Is that supposed to be ARAB?
Clearly it stands for:
Acquire
Binoculars
And
Monocles


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZyniX69

Senior Member

01-06-2013

All blind all mid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeddite

Senior Member

01-06-2013

I do something similar. Max E, rush Frozen Mallet. Avoid engaging unless you can trap an opponent with a well-placed turdpillar.

Trundle + Veigar = high-larious results.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conagozn View Post
Am i the only one that thinks trundle is viable in ARAM/ABAM? For the most part I play Abams and a lot of the time i choose trundle. I think it mainly has to do with build choice and style of play. The way I play trundle is i Max E and get early CDR with spirit visage and glacial shroud. This leads me to around a 6 or 7 second cooldown on the pillar, that means there is only a 2 second period where it is not on the map. This is excellent for setting up blitz pulls or catching someone trying to poke us out of position. It also makes us impossible to chase when as soon as they leave the first pillar another one pops up right infront of it. Ive actually stopped a team from killing the nexus by making them unable to get to the nexus when my team died. Anyway, it might just be me but I have constant success with trundle.

TL;DR trundle is good in proving grounds.
This actually doesn't surprise me. ARAM, really PG in general is about matchups, and filling roles. I'm a believer - and I know others on this forum aren't - that a good PG team has a tank or two. So yeah, if Trundle is with 4 other all stars, I can see that working out. But I think it's less a function of Trundle = good at PG, and more a function of Blitz +poke/burst dmg/sustain dmg + tanky cc = good team.

I love that you've found success with someone who is 'ARAM challenged' However: "ARAM viable" isn't a term I'd use. Viable is too black and white - it's all circumstance based. I'd rather have Trundle than no tank at all (probably), but I'd still rather have most other tanks than trundle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flugun

Member

01-07-2013

ABAM is gay. Don't do it. All we need is ARAM's no point in trying to negate some things typical players do. Just join, see who you have (if you REALLY can't stand a champion *like teemo, then leave.) and once you have someone just load and have fun. Stop whining. It's ARAM's


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zztophat

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugun View Post
ABAM is gay. Don't do it. All we need is ARAM's no point in trying to negate some things typical players do. Just join, see who you have (if you REALLY can't stand a champion *like teemo, then leave.) and once you have someone just load and have fun. Stop whining. It's ARAM's
Or how about we let people play the mode they want rather than force them to play the mode you think is best?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LrdVprScrpn

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugun View Post
ABAM is gay. Don't do it. All we need is ARAM's no point in trying to negate some things typical players do. Just join, see who you have (if you REALLY can't stand a champion *like teemo, then leave.) and once you have someone just load and have fun. Stop whining. It's ARAM's
I think we have identified the guy that can't read the name of the room, waits until host starts, says "OMG HOST FAIL!" and then quits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flugun

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
I think we have identified the guy that can't read the name of the room, waits until host starts, says "OMG HOST FAIL!" and then quits.
No, Actually i just identified that new players are actually trying to make Abam's.... i see the purpose for them and they are gay. STFU and play.


12