Unskilled Player Report

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-08-2013

I have been searching the forums for information regarding this option and what it actually does. I have read in other posts that it does nothing or that it is used in matchmaking. Sadly I cannot find anything from a Riot employee regarding this option. The fact that I have never seen this in the many tribunal cases I have looked at would indicate that it will not get you punished, but I'd love to hear from someone from Riot regarding it's purpose. If anyone has a link to a red post about it, I'd really appreciate it as I don't expect an answer from Riot directly.

Getsuei

01-08-2013

III. THE TYPES OF VIOLATIONS THAT ARE REPORTED

1. Unskilled Player - This is not a violation that appears in Tribunal. This type of violation is not a crime but an opinion rating that is used to determine match ups in future games. If a player performs poorly (i.e. dying a lot in the match) but seemed to at least be trying to cooperate or play well, then this should be selected in a report.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2493793

Gimpyloser

01-08-2013

Sounds like it could be true but that is just a player writing his own description, not anyone from Riot. I guess Riot just hasn't addressed it.

gnfnrf

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Sounds like it could be true but that is just a player writing his own description, not anyone from Riot. I guess Riot just hasn't addressed it.
That post is part of the "Tribunal Guide" which is stickied and implicitly endorsed by Riot.

Plus, if you do Tribunal cases, you never see "Unskilled player" as a reason.

And I'm sure Lyte has talked about it in the past. He hasn't recently because it's common knowledge.

Unskilled Player reports do not lead to Tribunal cases.

mambawarrior0

01-08-2013

Rioters can see unskilled player reports. They may possible use this information for research, but this is unconfirmed.

Thats about it.

Exploding Barrel

01-08-2013

Essentially it's a placebo button. Riot can presumably collect data from it, but I imagine there's a whole lot of noise making it tough to learn very much. It doesn't have any known effects on the involved players.