Ebonmaw the Terror of Zaun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-07-2013

Name:  ebonmaw.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  174.2 KB

Ebonmaw is a hyper-mobility champion, who's core theme is soaring unobstructed around the battlefield dealing area damage. His obvious weakness are enemies who can stick to him for basic attacks, or through a combination of long ranged and low cooldown abilities - as he is considerably more vulnerable once on the ground.

Vital Stats:

• Attack Range: 125
  • Movement Speed: 345

Quote:
RESOURCE SYSTEM: If Ebonmaw has not taken damage in the last 3 seconds from an enemy champion, turret or neutral monster, he will begin accumulating Lift. Lift generates at a rate of 10 per second, which increases to a rate of 20 per second after 5 seconds. Lift starts at 0 and caps at 100. Taking damage will cause Ebonmaw to lose Lift: 5 from neutral minion attacks; 10 from non-periodic abilities; 10 from champion basic attacks; and 20 from tower hits. While Ebonmaw's movement is impaired, Lift will decay at a rate of 5 per second.
Attachment 588153 Reign of Fire
Ebonmaw perpetually ignores unit collision. Additionally, he gains 1 bonus movement speed for every point of Lift.
Attachment 588154 Embers
ACTIVE: For the next 5 seconds, Ebonmaw unleashes a torrent of fire that draws a trail in front of him that lingers for 1.25 seconds. Enemies caught in the path take magic damage each second for 2 seconds. Continual exposure renews the damage.
Embers will first prioritize Ebonmaw's most recent attack target. If Ebonmaw has not attacked a unit, Embers will target low health units - prioritizing champions over minions. Embers is limited to a 225 cone in the direction Ebonmaw is facing.
  • Range: 500
  • Cooldown: 10
  • No cost
  • Magic Damage Per Second: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+20% bonus AD)
  • Radius of AOE: 30
  • There is an air time between Embers targeting an enemy and striking the ground - as such, it is possible to outrun the trail.
  • This skill is thematically more impressive while Ebonmaw has his ultimate, Uplift, active.
  • The targeting system is the same as the one used by Evelynn's Hate Spike - except it's a circular-AOE instead of a line-skillshot.
Attachment 588155 Incendiary Spittle
ACTIVE: Ebonmaw spits a ball of fire at a target area, dealing magic damage over an area if it collides with an enemy. If it does not strike an enemy, it will remain on the ground for 3 seconds and will explode if an enemy steps on it.
  • Range: 875
  • Cooldown: 3.5
  • No cost
  • Magic Damage: 20 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+80% bonus AD)
  • Diameter of AOE: 150
  • Essentially one of Karthus' Lay Wastes except that doesn't detonate unless it would actually damage an enemy.
  • Casting Incendiary Spittle again will not destroy any previous mines.
Attachment 588156 Slipstream
PASSIVE: Ebonmaw leaves a directional draft in his wake for 3.25 seconds, granting allies who follow its path bonus movement speed equal to half Ebonmaw's current Reign of Fire bonus, plus a percentage.
  • Bonus Movement Speed: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 %

ACTIVE: Ebonmaw propels himself forward a short distance. The range of this ability is increased by 1% for every 1 Lift.
  • Range: 550 (1100 at full Lift)
  • Cooldown: 11
  • Cost: 50% current Lift
  • The active will apply the passive seamlessly (unlike Poison Trail when Singed is knocked back).
  • The two components of the movement speed bonus are applied individually - the flat amount with other flat movement speed bonuses, and the percentile amount additively with other percentile bonuses.
  • Like Galio's Righteous Gust, Ebonmaw's Slipstream will only grant bonus movement speed to allies actually moving in the appropriate direction.
  • The trail is visible, but not obtrusive. Allies moving within the draft leave a more visible particle trail, similar to that of enemies affected by Kog'Maw's Caustic Spittle.
Attachment 588157 Uplift
PASSIVE: Ebonmaw's basic attacks deal bonus true damage over 3 seconds and slow his target's attack speed by 20%. Additionally, Ebonmaw gains 3.5 bonus range on his attacks and Embers for every point of Lift.
  • True Damage: 30 / 60 / 90

ACTIVE: Ebonmaw instantly receives Lift and gains the ability to ignore terrain collision. The ability to ignore terrain collision lasts until Ebonmaw's Lift is fully depleted.
  • Cooldown: 60 after bonus is lost
  • No cost
  • Lift Gained: 40 / 70 / 100
  • Ebonmaw is always classified as a melee champion, even while he has 475 attack range.
  • Ebonmaw's attack animations will vary depending on range - claws or flame-breath.
  • Ignoring terrain collision does not extend beyond the field.
  • To reiterate his resource mechanic: Ebonmaw only generates Lift while out of combat, and taking damage from champions will reduce Lift by 10 (as well as other sources).
  • This is not a form of untargetability.

Bioraptr

01-10-2013

I love this idea! Very unique and innovative; also I could TOTALLY see myself playing a completely badass dragon champion that unleashes fire and flies over terrain . Lift seems like a very interesting mechanic. Overall, this really stuck out for me -- great work so far!

Takeerelahka

01-10-2013

Wow, man. This is really nifty. The only suggestion I have would be to re-evaluate the scaling on your lift mechanic, because it seems that in addition to the Reign of Fire movement stacking, you're going to be a bit -too- fast to be fair. I mean, with just lift stacks, you can hit 445 without any other enhancements. That's pretty crazy.

You might also consider AP as your damage source, or even hybrid AP/AD for your spells, for simple fact that AP opens up options like Liandry's torment, WotA and Deathfire Grasp, all of which seem to fit the overall theme to your spells really, really well.

3mptylord

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeerelahka View Post
Wow, man. This is really nifty. The only suggestion I have would be to re-evaluate the scaling on your lift mechanic, because it seems that in addition to the Reign of Fire movement stacking, you're going to be a bit -too- fast to be fair. I mean, with just lift stacks, you can hit 445 without any other enhancements. That's pretty crazy.

You might also consider AP as your damage source, or even hybrid AP/AD for your spells, for simple fact that AP opens up options like Liandry's torment, WotA and Deathfire Grasp, all of which seem to fit the overall theme to your spells really, really well.
Miss Fortune gets +70 with Strut (which is a lot more similar to Lift than I initially realized). I could scale down his base movement speed a little, if that's an easier solution.

And yeah, that might be a good idea. I'll either make it hybrid, or just have Incendiary Spittle scale with AP. *ponders*

Bread Crumbs

01-20-2013

Vilemaw is the name of the spider in 3v3....

Ebonmaw was the name of the dragon from the old 3v3: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ebonmaw

Name change?

3mptylord

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Dragon View Post
Vilemaw is the name of the spider in 3v3....

Ebonmaw was the name of the dragon from the old 3v3: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ebonmaw

Name change?
... I am aware that "Ebonmaw, the Terror of Zaun" was a dragon monster in the old Twisted Treeline. Do you honestly think that this was a coincidence?

Keledrath

Recruiter

01-29-2013

You mention on the W that allies receive a bonus equal to half of his "Wings of Terror" bonus. I'm guessing that is an old ability name, because I don't see anything called Wings of Terror.

3mptylord

01-29-2013

Good catch. His passive was original named Wings of Terror. I coulda sworn I already changed that - although maybe that was in my notes, and I forgot to publish it.

NightmareRoach

01-30-2013

like the idea of a flying champ. I always thought Corki and Anivia would fight alot better if they flew more than 5 INCHES OFF THE GROUND!

3mptylord

01-30-2013

Yeah, Corki's a little weird. I'm not sure what they could have done on Anivia though.