just got off 3 day ban been playing 2 days

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NynaeveaM

01-08-2013

This case clearly shows that the concept of the Tribunal is not to weed out carefully bad people, determine exactly how toxic they are and give disciplinary measures for the ones that behave bad.

No, it is made so that some relatively small portion of the players stops playing and leaves the larger portion happy and paying for skins. If it wasn't true there wouldn't be so many people not understanding their ban, there wouldn't be such a simple and not really reasonable punishment system that simply increases the ban duration, and yes, there wouldn't be unreasonable gaps like this where a person gets banned twice without the chance to change his behavior.

In my opinion very little indicates that the Tribunal is there to IMPROVE player behavior. It's sole purpose is to draw a large circle around toxic players, no matter HOW offensive they really were, and shut everyone down that's in there, no escape means provided. (right now the tribunal would allow to get you banned for up to 2 weeks if you got reported by angry people for your bad score 100 times and once every 100 times you called someone a noob twice, people will see that in the report card and call you toxic).

tl;dr Tribunal shows little effort for real disciplinary measures, the fact that some players improve is an accidental side product

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-09-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I don't see any evidence that the OP was double-punished for the same or old cases. In many cases, players who write in about this issue just forget when exactly the bans were handed out and when the games were played.

In the Tribunal, if your ban is 'lifted' on 11/12 at 3:00 PM, then all games after 3:00 PM on 11/12 can count against you in your next Tribunal case. Sometimes the fact these dates 'match' confuses players too.

Saint Latona

01-09-2013

That's an interesting piece of information, Lyte.

Vagenis

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I don't see any evidence that the OP was double-punished for the same or old cases. In many cases, players who write in about this issue just forget when exactly the bans were handed out and when the games were played.

In the Tribunal, if your ban is 'lifted' on 11/12 at 3:00 PM, then all games after 3:00 PM on 11/12 can count against you in your next Tribunal case. Sometimes the fact these dates 'match' confuses players too.
yes but i didnt get any games in after the ban was lifted took few days off so how could i built a new case agaisnt myself without playing an really 2 days after i was already punished? without playing. that makes me think the old cases was used as i looked at the games an all of them happened before the 3 day ban. after the 3 day ban i didnt do any games.

Lessis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

this is not true and i can prove it if you would like

ChaosBloodterfly

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasili View Post
yes but i didnt get any games in after the ban was lifted took few days off so how could i built a new case agaisnt myself without playing an really 2 days after i was already punished? without playing. that makes me think the old cases was used as i looked at the games an all of them happened before the 3 day ban. after the 3 day ban i didnt do any games.
It's possible you got a Leaverbuster ban followed by a Tribunal ban.

Vagenis

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
It's possible you got a Leaverbuster ban followed by a Tribunal ban.
ive never left a game i didnt come back to

Vagenis

01-09-2013

i cant find the email for first ban which was 3 day one but i got the one for the 7 day ban it happened directly 2-3 days after the first ban, if i rember correctly 3 day ban ended on 3rd/4th an 7th day one started on 7th cause it ends the 14th

BloodyConage

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasili View Post
an banned again? what the fk i didnt even get to play much did i already have pending cases from past after i changed or what it seems if i play alot i just get banned so im quiting this garbage game an its terrible community an horrible tribunal system .

Good choice.

Vagenis

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyConage View Post
Good choice.
shoulda added terrible customer support to cause the answer i got was automated lol