Is Ezreal worth buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Explorer Tim

11-21-2010

Lately ive been using Twitch alot, when its a losing battle, we just get smashed from the start.
Im nearing another 6300 and im level 20.
Was thinking of getting Ezreal for a "change", but keep thinking "if I fail at using him, what a waste of 6300".

Trouble is, guides ive read about him say hes good and all, but most guides on all champions say that.
Yet every ezreal ive seen ingame so far has lost badly and always had waaaay more deaths than kills.

Can it just be that theyre just all terrible with him?
Is he worth getting?

Smellis

11-21-2010

Hes difficult to use. He is not a good starter champ. If you play him AD you have to know how to be ultra aggressive without getting yourself killed because AD ez needs to secure early-mid game dominance or he'll taper off into being useless late game.

AP ez on the other hand starts off weaker and does suffer from mana troubles but can get more out of his abilties than AD.

Both are viable and require different playstyles, the only way you will know if hes worth getting is to actually try him and figure how to play him.

freakigod

11-21-2010

He's decent and fun to play, the problem is his e can be hard to land on enemy champs sometimes. All of his abilities are skill shots, I dunno how good the people you see play him are but I'm guessing they miss a lot. If you do get him prepare to practice his skill shots while doing badly untill you get the hang of keeping distance vs being in range of hitting.

Nzo

11-21-2010

Ezreal definitely has a hard learning curve.

If you play AP, it is a bit easier to play with him but you will have mana issues considering you won't have good enough mp5/lvl seals.

As AD, you really need to learn how to position and know when to be aggressive. If you are passive as AD, you are useless. But if you get caught being out of position, you will die within one disable.

Ezreal is still a viable champion even with all the nerfs, but he is highly dependent on the player skill. If the player cannot hit skill shots and does not have map awareness or good positioning.. he will be useless.

InfestOreo

11-21-2010

All the replies here are pretty much spot on. I've a friend who plays Ez religiously.. It's amazing what he can do. But it takes skill to pick champs off one at a time.

Saitachi

11-21-2010

Ezreal has been nerfed to the ground. He is outshined by other dps carries. Don't waste your points.

RoflTroll

11-21-2010

I think you should just save those IP, hit lv 21, and buy T3 runes.

Regardless of your champs, you're definitely going to get rolled without some decent runes.

Cenerae

11-21-2010

Ez doesn't 'feel' powerful by the nature of his skillset (and the repeated nerfs to make none of the skills stand out as amazing). He's not weak, but you must connect with all his spells or he will certainly seem weak. He's not about constant, high damage output (like Twitch) he is about chipping his target down with repeated skillshots until they fall.

If you're looking for a champ that dominates teamfights, Ez will not be to your liking. If you want an amazing harrasser, and good chaser, then you might want to consider it. He's not a 'right click to win' champ like Twitch or Tristana, but a mobile skillshot spamming machine.

Still, it might be better to wait for him to be free to play and decide for yourself. Though that could be a while.

freakigod

11-21-2010

I just want to point out the fact that his passive + Q add a lot of "auto attacks", if a target is hard cced than being in range to auto attack is a great idea. So basic infinity edge + ghost blade AD could work nice compared to trinity style.

JokkerPL

11-21-2010

Ez is a great champ but really hard to play.
if u dont have runes for him u will deffinitly fail