Trying to get better! Help me fill in the gaps please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMightySM

01-07-2013

Alright so I'm doing the whole try and carry myself out of elo hell and it's so irritating. I understand to push advantages, push lanes when you kill people go and try and help other lanes. But it feels to no avail. I guess I feel like idk what to do when mid game comes around right after lane phase is over. I try and roam. I try and rally our team together to take some objectives and make some plays but they just sit there like preschoolers sucking on their thumbs.

Is there a hero that I can play that regardless of how poorly my team does if I master this champ I will be able to carry majority of my games? And what do I do if my team is doing poorly? Group up and hound them like a puppy and do my best to fix every mistake they make in a team fight? Or do I split push and try and farm so much that later when the enemy team throws I can capitilize on that and win us the game? Is that how the farming usually works out? Thanks in advance!

Ronyk

01-07-2013

Well, try Qing with a friend you trust, that way, you've only got 3 random people to worry about. Having a pair of champions doing well and carrying the team doubles your chances of victory (don't check my math!).

I watched a pair of my friends win a game where they had 52 kills to the enemy's 94, and won. One of them was playing AD master yi (solo top), and the other was playing Fizz (mid). Their strategy was for Yi to be a towerbuster, while Fizz lead the team into defensive 4v5s. Eventually, the enemy's nexus was destroyed and the game was won.

Alone, there is no one character that can secure a victory for a terrible team against a team that isn't terrible. But if you want to try, a high mobile character with a good kit for destroying towers is your best bet.

Hope that helpped!

iDpark

01-07-2013

Be a leader, ping and ward. Play someone with CC, a carry who is stunned in front of your teammates is pretty universal. Push down towers midgames, and WARD. you don't ward, you get caught, people think you're bad and then people don't listen to you when you want to force objectives.

Play a bruiser if you don't think you can trust your teammates.
splitpushing is done if you have the right team for it AND you aren't able to kill towers or win 5v5 teamfights.

Elo hell does not exist, CS better and dominate your lane. Turns it into a 4v5 until lategame.

There's is something you can always do.
Force your opponent to back, eat pots and gank mid.
Ward their jungle, and kill their jungler, steal buffs.
Force their jungler to gank you, so your other lanes can free farm.
Play someone you know how to play.

If you're getting 80-90 cs and getting kills for your teammates, and downing towers early so you can roam and successfully do so, well. You'll win most games like that.

TheMightySM

01-07-2013

Alright guys, thanks for the insight! I think I need to readjust my lane plan. I need to plan and make sure I crush the lane like no one's business