A serious thought on Darius among other things.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N wah

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
I know what you mean Matty, yesterday I played 2 Yi jungle games, went 18/1 and 11/5 and everybody just kept saying "Yi OP, he needs a nerf" I just wanted to say "Its Called FOCUS YI and Frozen Heart.....otherwise you are going to keep dying"

I wish these people would eat some Cheese w/ their Whine....
lol its funny too because no one would bother even saying that I recall til S3 items came out. If anything it gave him a necessary buff! Just what I think on that.

fletche00

01-07-2013

They buffed his alpha strike by making the animation/execution faster, so in a sense they did buff him.

But I feel like only Vets know the secret about Yi, and that is, activate E and R, get the kill, and now you have Buff from E activate, and its passive.....nothing like getting 105 AD from abilities

But shhhhhh, dont tell people about that one.

N wah

01-07-2013

yeah technically, you are right! Yi is one of those old school underdogs for sure.

jcurant

01-08-2013

I like this thread. Also, almost all of the champions are well balanced almost all the time. Usually it's a matter of knowing how to build and play them in the games current environment. For example, two years ago when everyone was *****ing about how UP pantheon was, I was regularly snowballing 20-2 games. Also, noobs have been making the same complaints about yi since the beginning of time, they say he's OP cause they get stomped by someone who understands about opening with alpha strike when double strike is ready and activating e. Then they try him and get stomped because they don't know and cry about how UP he is. Same story forever and ever... Counters are perfectly demonstrated by niche champions like fiora, if someone picks a top GP I'll counterpick fiora everytime, otherwise chances are I'll almost never get to use her in ranked even though I love her.

fletche00

01-08-2013

It would be like me yelling NERF CAIT if I pick Vayne, because there should be no way at all I should win that lane. Some people forget that you can get easily countered in this game, and instead of learning from the experience, they ***** about champions being over powered......I wonder if people did that w/ instance bosses in WoW.

ONYXIA 3 SHOTTED MY ROGUE.....SHE NEEDS A NERF!!!!!

GreenMachine7

01-08-2013

Pantheon thinks Darius is an easily countered nuisance at best. Pantheon also thinks that he is tired of reading all of these posts about champs other than Pantheon. Did Pantheon mention that he is, for lack of a better word, devastating to Darius's overcompensating little axe swings.

But seriously, Darius isn't op, just needs his numbers tuned down a TINNNYYYY bit since his bleed and his dunk do so much multi-type damage. Not to mention he has a refreshing ult that is beyond simple to use. But other than that, Darius is pretty much a champ that scrubs pick so they can ks all game (No offense to scrubs, ksing is a good way to artificially feel more important!).

But yeah, he's so easy to counter that I almost feel silly saying anything.

N wah

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurant View Post
I like this thread. Also, almost all of the champions are well balanced almost all the time. Usually it's a matter of knowing how to build and play them in the games current environment. For example, two years ago when everyone was *****ing about how UP pantheon was, I was regularly snowballing 20-2 games. Also, noobs have been making the same complaints about yi since the beginning of time, they say he's OP cause they get stomped by someone who understands about opening with alpha strike when double strike is ready and activating e. Then they try him and get stomped because they don't know and cry about how UP he is. Same story forever and ever... Counters are perfectly demonstrated by niche champions like fiora, if someone picks a top GP I'll counter pick fiora everytime, otherwise chances are I'll almost never get to use her in ranked even though I love her.
Well said man. Knowing all the champions and their kits is essential to this game. Possibly on par with the skill to even play your own champ arguably. To get better in my opinion at this game with your preferred champion is to know the other champions completely thorough. Mantheon and his in your face attitude really shatters the confidence of even the mightiest foes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
It would be like me yelling NERF CAIT if I pick Vayne, because there should be no way at all I should win that lane. Some people forget that you can get easily countered in this game, and instead of learning from the experience, they ***** about champions being over powered......I wonder if people did that w/ instance bosses in WoW.

ONYXIA 3 SHOTTED MY ROGUE.....SHE NEEDS A NERF!!!!!
Onyxia.. omg i laughed with nostalgia over loving see that dead sob's head in org. It would be exactly like you said, there is for a very solid and obvious reason why there is a counter for every champion. Some of them are completely obvious I'd hope.. Then the counter to champions players are unsure about.. they should come here and ask such a thing. Which does happen from aspiring players but.. threads that are like that with constructive feedback are very few and far between compared to the constant OP threads. It's also sort of demoralizing to take the time to come up with a reasonable sounding answer to their "OP crying".. Only to have it go unheard essentially. If you also haven't noticed its started this semi-annoying but understandable to a point trend. Like the need for sarcastic remarks and one liners. "Stop being bad" etc. I'm sure you know what I mean. In any which case thanks for the input.

henrythai

01-08-2013

The only two thoughts I considered about a possible nerf to Darius are:

1) Max armor penetration of Rank 5 pull passive is 20%. They nerfed penetration stats all across items and runes, so they should nerf this skill, too.

2) His ult can be "canceled" when flashed or knocked back before the animation finishes, like Skarner's ult.

N wah

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrythai View Post
The only two thoughts I considered about a possible nerf to Darius are:

1) Max armor penetration of Rank 5 pull passive is 20%. They nerfed penetration stats all across items and runes, so they should nerf this skill, too.

2) His ult can be "canceled" when flashed or knocked back before the animation finishes, like Skarner's ult.
I actually don't even want him nerfed, but if you're also just trying to come up with ideas to stop the constant OP threads. Its absolutely supported. I'm not sure about your first suggestion because, I think his pull is fine in every way considering it doesn't add a dot stack so it's not that fantastic.. The part where its supposed to hook you in yet the tip of it "also hooks you in" is pretty annoying I will say. i do like your second suggestion though as being fair to Skarner, and I believe it also happens to Fiora's ult as well (just off the top of my head). Things like that should be worked out at any point, bring that up in its own topic as well? It's a solid point. The fixes to his animations I think are way more of an issue then Darius himself. It more then likely will be fixed I'm assuming.

Nea De Penserhir

01-08-2013

A long way to say "get better, scrubs, and stop playing Darius at his own game."

This message approved.