A serious thought on Darius among other things.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HElSENBERG

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Its not even neccessarily a champion who can kite Darius. Champions who thrive in brawls basically make Darius go "FML". Xin Zhao for example, there is very little that Darius can do against a very composed Xin. Pull? Well you just did half his job for him. You used your skills? Xin will just hit you some more.

My conclusion to the complaints about Darius being OP was because most champions at top lane do this hit and run tactic, which frankly Darius will always come out on top in exchanges.
Absolutly agree. I'm glad you mentioned this because you're right about the kiting. My reason as to why I thought of Kiting first I think was due to the very simple way to counter such a champ as Darius's kit. Thanks for the response.

Technician Tim

01-07-2013

darius really needs that passive damage, its kinda a lifeline for ulting a bit too early, he isnt OP, proof of this is his winrate at decent ELO, and the lack of plays in pro tourneys, skill counters darius, he is noobstomp, the new trynd if you will

HElSENBERG

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
darius really needs that passive damage, its kinda a lifeline for ulting a bit too early, he isnt OP, proof of this is his winrate at decent ELO, and the lack of plays in pro tourneys, skill counters darius, he is noobstomp, the new trynd if you will
I do agree man, I honestly think Darius IS fine the way he is.. I guess I just used him as kinda a rue to lure people in to read my real reason for posting this thread. I'm just naming any kind of "solution" to please the masses. I'm sort of contemplating just erasing the Darius section entirely? Yet I still do stand by what I say. Also I agree with the skill counters Darius, and he is a noobstomp. The new Trynd is right. I commented on that fact as a year ago this was all tryndamere threads. I more or less the trend I'm after to reason.

Technician Tim

01-07-2013

oh yes i agree with your core point entirely, as for darius, i think he needs a small buff, or at least some reallocation of damage, his grab does no damage and doesnt add a bleed stack, but thats a different story

as for your main point, yes, people lose to a champ, and instead of looking for their mistakes, just say "OMG XIN OP" or whoever beat them
champs i lose to a lot, i usually buy of play on free week, see how people beat me, and learn to use their techniques to shut down xins/twitches/gangplanks in the future, but people refuse to learn sometimes, and just want to QQ, not get better

HElSENBERG

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
oh yes i agree with your core point entirely, as for darius, i think he needs a small buff, or at least some reallocation of damage, his grab does no damage and doesnt add a bleed stack, but thats a different story

as for your main point, yes, people lose to a champ, and instead of looking for their mistakes, just say "OMG XIN OP" or whoever beat them
champs i lose to a lot, i usually buy of play on free week, see how people beat me, and learn to use their techniques to shut down xins/twitches/gangplanks in the future, but people refuse to learn sometimes, and just want to QQ, not get better
Good post friend, lol beta and first release Xin was funny as hell though :P. I like your idea of free week! That in fact sounds like a perfect suggestion to new players. That is an excellent way to learn this game.

Acanthus

01-07-2013

I've got a 10 page thread going on about how it'd be better if one could flash or move-skill out of his ult in exchange for increasing his sticking power from his bleed-related movespeed boost so that he could still pull them off (indirect buff in that he'd have an easier time pulling it off on people who don't have escapes).

HElSENBERG

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
I've got a 10 page thread going on about how it'd be better if one could flash or move-skill out of his ult in exchange for increasing his sticking power from his bleed-related movespeed boost so that he could still pull them off (indirect buff in that he'd have an easier time pulling it off on people who don't have escapes).
Hmm.. That sounds very reasonable. This is a perfect example of why I love getting constructive feedback so thank you. I had not even come close to thinking of that! If you would like to link your thread, I can link it in my post if you would give me permission? Obviously I respect a no.

fletche00

01-07-2013

I know what you mean Matty, yesterday I played 2 Yi jungle games, went 18/1 and 11/5 and everybody just kept saying "Yi OP, he needs a nerf" I just wanted to say "Its Called FOCUS YI and Frozen Heart.....otherwise you are going to keep dying"

I wish these people would eat some Cheese w/ their Whine....

Acanthus

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Legend View Post
Hmm.. That sounds very reasonable. This is a perfect example of why I love getting constructive feedback so thank you. I had not even come close to thinking of that! If you would like to link your thread, I can link it in my post if you would give me permission? Obviously I respect a no.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2920917

There are other things in the thread, such as how the skill isn't channeled, but probably should be. If you disagree with that, that's fine, say so, I'm sort of feeling like that isn't nearly as important as the ability to escape via movement.

RaptoRGmo7

01-07-2013

stop cry and learn how counter him :S

123456 ... 7