A serious thought on Darius among other things.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N wah

Senior Member

01-06-2013

I'm very sorry about the longevity of this message, but I feel as though its a serious and important read. This thread has more messages then just Darius, more important messages. That I felt should be addressed, if not addressed again.... So

Listen if you will, please
. This is no way a nerf Darius blah blah blah and it is long so im sorry. Just a random thought on what I think about this Darius trend and something that seemed to me needed to be said, and probably has been. I see so many nerf Darius threads about this guy it reminds me of Tryndamere a year ago. We all know how much anyone who's also been here awhile, sure loved seeing about 20 or more a day... The classic favorites are ones that give zero examples as to why they're OP. As well as flood the board with ignorance.. You know, even after giving the advice you took the time out of your day to explain. It simply isn't their fault.. their apparent unknown platinum rating is so top - tier that it is invisible to even Riot. Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that I'm being sort of a jerk. I know there are plenty of other members asking genuine questions. I love that as well as I love seeing senior members respond to help someone. That is what this is all about isn't it? Yet I have to admit, I'm so tired of seeing these repeated nonsensical ignorant threads, with one sided opinions on a champ. The reality in everything is that Darius falls into one category of Melee champ that isn't at all hard to deal with.

Darius is a melee fighter designed to do what he does do, execute with brutality. Lore wise he is on par with Garen - which in itself I think should mean something about his power - lore wise it shouldn't be a surprise. Now I don't expect everyone to read the lore, and again that is not what this is about. Darius has no escape, he pulls people in and hits them to stack his passive and then use his ult. This is it every time.. There is no other way he can use his kit, he has Nooo versatility at all. He is one of the least mobile champions in the game in fact. I would like to see Morde and Darius race. Unless he uses his passive though which brings me to my next point. When Darius hits you he gains move speed per champion hit. Against one person this isn't very significant at all. Not even in a team fight is it that significant actually, and if you know anything about this game, then you know that in a team fight you will prioritize who NEEDS to be focused first. Why I say that in all powerful caps-lock is because that is 100% accurate. A well executed team initiation in a fight on that champion, every time.. every single time... Will obliterate said champ. If Darius is steamrolling ( which severely hinders his team from kill steals, inevitable kill steals i must add ) then he is likely not giving his team the power it needs to overwhelm 5 champs. Let alone when his confidence feeds his ego then cries when he dies within seconds to a knowledgeable team.

I don't care how "good" you claim or how fed said champion is, a good team with respectable communication wont let one guy take on a whole team and win. Regardless of what you say, his/her whole team would have to hit the other team hard then have said champion pick up the scraps. I've seen impressive YouTube videos of some bad-ass literally 1v5 a team. I don't live under a rock hurr hurr :P, and yes it's happened but man those are so few and far between. It happens rare enough there shouldn't be a new thread about it every other hour. I will be perfectly honest right now.. There is no champion, in this game.. that is overpowered. Are there overpowered items on certain champions? Even saying there are champions that might be better then others is plausible? Yet there is absolutely a counter to every single champion in the game. With saying I think Darius is easily in a group of the most obviously counter pick-able champions in the game. That is to be said in draft picking. I know Darius is a pubstomper.. I have been pubbed stomped by Darius quite a lot actually but Its not because I don't know why. I know that I lost because I took him head on under the wrong circumstances. Every enemy champ who uses their kit properly on a player who doesn't understand their enemies kit... OR... is out of correct position(**POSITION IS HUGE, see caps again.. Important) to evade any of the enemies kit. I must say the enemy deserves that win.

Ranked games are what matter, Summoners Rift is what champions are balanced around. That is what the core of this game is.

I actually do not play ranked what so ever, I follow it but I actually only ever play random games. I play for fun and love it all day. I like to win like the next person because who doesn't? I try to win, and if I cant I tried everything I could and got beaten by someone better. There is also poor blind pick circumstances where for example:I picked Twitch and fought Lee Sin. His sight reveal > my invisibility. Darn it, oh well it happens. Exactly a reason why I shouldn't come cry he is OP. You're in ranked and you picked Twitch expecting to take on Lee? Well seriously I hope you're not that clueless. Doesn't mean he's OP. In blind pick it should never affect someone enough to the effect I have seen when your team or the enemy team gets stomped. If its not ranked, it does NOTHING to you. So don't come here with that carried around anger. I mostly play 3s so I have been stomped by a Darius TONS of times. No big, I don't come here and a complain and get mad my unranked game didn't raise my rank because I didn't win. Since saying the game is based on ranked 5s? That means undoubtedly there are a type of superior champs to play in Twisted Treeline then Summoners and it will be abused. Again though, that isn't what this is about. I took the time to write all of this out because I love this game, but I don't love the pattern I'm seeing. Darius was a coverup to a more powerful message. More focused on the constant OP threads I see posted here. Makes me not want to post often anymore considering it seems that good advice always only seems to go so far.

In the end of it all to people that have gotten stomped by X champion. I just want you to ask yourself, did you really do everything you could have done to change that scenario? Was it that honestly just 100 percent beyond your control? Like i said, if you were in draft pick and saw a Darius and didn't go.."hmm I think I'll pick someone who can kite him".. Then get stomped, DOESN'T MEAN HES OP. Every champion has a counter.. and every-time I myself also get stomped by a champion? I read about that champion, I study counters and I grab as much useful advice as I can to try and overcome.. I eventually do and hold onto it. Riot would not have built this amazing company into what I've been proudly since beta watch it become. I strongly urge all you "know it all types" out there to do just that, know it all. Know everything you can about the many fun champions they offer. Ask yourself before you post that you know what you're talking about with valid points and facts. Be courteous and open minded. People here really respect a good solid argument and if you wouldn't believe that alone, Riot actually listens and monitors these threads. I'm sorry and I'm not trying to speak for everyone but if you're not interested in bettering this game.. If you're only interested in trashing this game based off your ignorance. You CAN stop playing this FREE game and expel your negativity somewhere else. I'm sure we all wont miss you. I'm not at all trying to come off as negative myself - and I don't know that i wont sound like that to you - and hope this turns into something actually much more positive.

With all that being said.. I want to say I love this game, I love the people who also enjoy the game as much as I do. I'm so thankful that over time I got to watch this game become what it has and be fine tuned into a truly remarkable phenomenon. I love the new honor system and its rewarding for nice people that do exist in this game's community, as well the ones who realize they want to reform their behavior. It isn't just a rumor to the people who trash this community nice people DO exist and people can change. Its all been a work in progress and Riot you're doing great. I just dont see these threads about OP champs dying down at all though like it was a creature born from itself. Do I know a solution? No way... Is there a solution? Absolutely not. What is a solution anyways to peoples freedom of speech? There isnt because everyone has the right to say what they want. The only thing I'm preaching in this probably annoyingly long message.. Is please you naysayers and OPsayers. Please take a step back, maybe do some research and practice the mechanics some more.. BE the champ you hate, play him just to beat him. You will overcome.. If still clueless then come here with valid points..Then you will be welcomed with open arms into a great community rather then a burden and wasted effort to please.


TL&DR
Very long and I apologize, but I seriously hope you do read it.. you might be surprised or at least have a very useful opinion that I myself wasn't aware of. I felt as though this was very important but obvious thing that needed to be brought to attention. Or possibly brought to attention again. Thank you for your time and I really appreciate any, if at all feedback!! PS. Sorry for any typos that might've slipped by lol.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2920917

There are other things in the thread, such as how the skill isn't channeled, but probably should be. If you disagree with that, that's fine, say so, I'm sort of feeling like that isn't nearly as important as the ability to escape via movement.
Thanks to HereticSage for this thread. There has been a few other Darius issues apparently and that thread has brought it to attention. Please if you have any free time take a look at this thread!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Namo Wamo View Post
There is an entire website dedicated to learning to counter champions (http://www.championselect.net) and yet people still cry about champions being impossible to stop.

Very well done OP, unfortunately I don't think anyone too lazy to google 'Darius counters' is going to read your post. Even though they, and the entire League community, should.
Another excellent contribution from Namo Wamo dedicated to counter picking! A very useful tool for questions you may have!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N wah

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Please give me any thoughts you can on this, whatever comes to mind. I again I apologize for the long read. Yet I feel as it is important for new comers and maybe eye opening to certain others to read. I made a great effort to be as honest as I could from observation over time, and also not to offend anyone in anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-06-2013

ಠ_ಠ

can't find any serious issues to complain about... gonna have to look for grammatical errors


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Audio7

Senior Member

01-07-2013

I think it's funny how you write 3 long paragraphs about people complaining about darius and how dumb you think it is that people complain about how broken darius is , and then you just completely gut the champion, Hey, lets delete his passive! So much irony.

Darius just needs a few number tweaks that's it, and i think the people just generally complaining about darius are being more reasonable then the people who suggest wild nerfs like the one you suggested.

Darius is only hard to handle in top lane because noone plays poke/ranged champions up there. With that said, i think darius can handle even these situations a little too well. Mostly because his Q has too much range and damage. Yea he gets focused ez , but his strengths out weight his cons by far.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baughwssery

Senior Member

01-07-2013

There isn't much that needs to be fixed with Darius. If you take away the DoT, what is the point of a "bleed"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSnitches

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Nice thread. I see so much incoming butthurt, so much...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fletche00

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Riot, please sticky this thread and force anybody who posts "nerf x champion" to read this in its entirety, and then they need to take a quiz on it to prove they read it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N wah

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio7 View Post
I think it's funny how you write 3 long paragraphs about people complaining about darius and how dumb you think it is that people complain about how broken darius is , and then you just completely gut the champion, Hey, lets delete his passive! So much irony.

Darius just needs a few number tweaks that's it, and i think the people just generally complaining about darius are being more reasonable then the people who suggest wild nerfs like the one you suggested.

Darius is only hard to handle in top lane because noone plays poke/ranged champions up there. With that said, i think darius can handle even these situations a little too well. Mostly because his Q has too much range and damage. Yea he gets focused ez , but his strengths out weight his cons by far.
I'm not sure if you read the whole thing, I understand its long and you possibly have missed something. I don't think it is dumb people complain I think it's ignorant that people will argue OP with no facts or no real knowledge as to what they are defending. I just want them to make an attempt to figure it out on their own, then come with a concern we can answer and NOT be punished for even doing so. Will this stop? Probably not.. am I actually really that hurt by it? No.. I just really love this game, and everything surrounding it. I just wanted to convey hidden message through Darius about the trend of useless threads flooding the board like a plague. If you haven't noticed it has been happening for quite sometime and it really pulls the positive side of this board out. I'm trying to passively encourage new players to learn more about the game. I actually comment that I personally believe Darius to be fine - i think i might as well bold this line now -, considering the very simple counter mechanic his type of champion has. Never once did I say lets delete his passive and that part was very clear. The one simple mention I had, was remove the dot. It was more for a greater effect then just a Darius nerf. I do appreciate your feedback though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N wah

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
ಠ_ಠ

can't find any serious issues to complain about... gonna have to look for grammatical errors
hahah well thank you sir.. I'm glad you enjoyed the topic. Also point them out please, there has to be a few!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnitches View Post
Nice thread. I see so much incoming butthurt, so much...
Thank you sir.. Instead of butthurt I might call it .. "I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.".. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
Riot, please sticky this thread and force anybody who posts "nerf x champion" to read this in its entirety, and then they need to take a quiz on it to prove they read it.
Well that.. that would be just wonderful. Thank ya kindly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
In the end of it all to people that have gotten stomped by X champion. I just want you to ask yourself, did you really do everything you could have done to change that scenario? Was it that honestly just 100 percent beyond your control? Like i said, if you were in draft pick and saw a Darius and didn't go.."hmm I think I'll pick someone who can kite him".. Then get stomped, DOESN'T MEAN HES OP. Every champion has a counter.. and every-time I myself also get stomped by a champion? I read about that champion, I study counters and I grab as much useful advice as I can to try and overcome.. I eventually do and hold onto it.
Its not even neccessarily a champion who can kite Darius. Champions who thrive in brawls basically make Darius go "FML". Xin Zhao for example, there is very little that Darius can do against a very composed Xin. Pull? Well you just did half his job for him. You used your skills? Xin will just hit you some more.

My conclusion to the complaints about Darius being OP was because most champions at top lane do this hit and run tactic, which frankly Darius will always come out on top in exchanges.


12345 ... 7