Any questions you want detailed answers to?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2014

Want to take a stab at answering some really intricate/complex League of Legends questions. Got any for me? Planning on including detailed write ups with math and video explanations.

I wanted to start by looking at and analyzing the idea of champion power curves (how strong a champ is over time in different situations). Mainly because I don't understand them that well myself. Maybe probability of gank success next. How to carry playing different roles. Stuff like that.

Any other ideas or questions you'd like a Diamond player to spend a few hours thinking about and answering? Preferably something new that hasn't been answered 12896348793264732 times on Reddit already

ForFoxSakes

09-17-2014

Can you go into detail on Wits End on Warwick? Ive been using him more and more over Xin in jungle and have always been picking it up even if the opposing team is mostly AD.

I do this for a few reasons and not for the MR on the item.

1 - Ramps up WWs passive faster with speed and also lets more of his passive damage go through

2 - Makes him into a hybrid AA which is hard to resist against with just armor which most tanks tend to start with.

3 - Adds ~50 magic damage per hit (includes passive damage) x 5 when I ults someone.

4 - Makes my suppressed target easier to burst with reduced MR for allied AP carries

5 - Massive flat damage boost. I find a huge power spike at this time when I get the item ~level 8-10 after Feral Flare. Also flat damage when enemies havent tanked up that much or have large HP pools yet

6 - Cheaper than BotRK at this stage allowing me to tank up and increase damage in 1 item.

Usual build path is:
1st B - Razors, boots, wards at ~900g. Wraiths, wolves then blue again to level 6 & gank.
2nd B - Lantern & 1 or 2 wits components @ ~level 7-8. Level 8-10 finish Wits. With this I can easily solo dragon too if needed.

Followed by finishing boots & randuins, another tank item then BotRK as last item

Is wits end justified here? Any numbers to back up the damage increase vs BotRK with costs included? I find that at 2500g (WE) vs 3200 (BotRK) I get damage, MR and the 700g diff is a chain vest on top letting me be a better jungler & offtank, but would killing them potentially faster w BotRK be better?

Another note - I did a normal and was WW vs WW in jung vs jung. I went wits end 2nd while he did BotRK. He would kill me when we 1v1 (more lifesteal) but once I got tankier faster I ended up winning and snowballed to a point he couldnt 1v1 me after that stage.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForFoxSakes View Post
<Detailed post about wits end on ww >
So you're looking for itemization with drain tanks? When different items should be built over others + reasoning/math? Could be interesting.

ForFoxSakes

09-17-2014

Yeah please. Ive seen lots of diff builds and items on them but more specifically WW. Some builds have focused on high damage for more lifesteal to sustain (heavy offensive masteries) while others are just heavy tank (tank masteries included)

I've recently changed from 9-21-0 to 21-9-0 for heavier damage ganks & faster jungle clears then tanking up mid-late.

Similar can he said about Xin with heal on W. First started him as tanky then hard damage first 2 items & finally changed masteries over to offensive to mid game tank up. Found better results.