words that High elo players use

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blueagle8900

09-15-2014

Let me start this off with this is not a qq fest. Rather a question that is asked and a situation that is given to you so you know the context of my question.

TL;DR: high elo players say you must carry your team, but how can you carry your team when tanky tops get fed or assasin mids get fed, or both in the same game?

So I used to main jungle. I played it all through bronze and into silver. I would work my way up to s2 and even s1, but I found unless I was playing yi it was difficult to carry as a jungler. I switched to maining ADC since that was my second best role and I actually love it. I find I can usually carry harder in games when I adc, and most games I win bot lane. I will say we all have our bad games and I have to. I am low elo so I understand this. However, I have just started this huge decline again. And I really fail to understand why this occurs. As ADC I have made it up to s2 and s1 as well. But then 2 or 3 games in a row I will get a top laner who feeds or a mid who feeds, or sometimes even both. For those of you who aren't in low elo, people RARELY peel for their ad carries. Even if their ad carries are fed, their is usually very little peeling. So when a fed tanky or bruiser top lane comes at me I have no choice but to get zoned from the team fight, or when an assasin that got fed targets me out I'm dead either way and cannot contribute to my team. I have gotten better at learning when to split push as an adc and when to group. As soon as I take my bot tower, usually before the enemy team does I roam and do dragon if possible and take top and mid towers. I don't rage at my team but rather try to encourage them. But I have lost over 10 ranked games in a row,over the EXACT same thing. every single game a top or mid lane feeds to where in the first 10 min they have 5+ deaths. Their is not much I can do at that point. This always occurs when I usually get promoted too. Like this time, I made it into s3, won my next game. The next day I logged on and proceed to lose 4 games in a row. I took a break. The following day I played a normal, carried and we won. Went to ranked, dominated my lane, but mid and top both fed. Lost 4 more games and so got off. And now today I just lost 2 more ranked. I'm on the verge of going back to s5 now.

So my question is, how on earth do high elo players say you have to carry your team to raise elo, when I continuously get teams that feed so hard its next to impossible.

Oh and btw, it isnt just the feeding, I failed to include the countless times my team wont group or goes in 1 by 1 or something like that. And if they wont group I try to group with them, but the other team acts like they are LCS material. Its just like there is nothing I can do right in my games anymore

Akromah

09-16-2014

You intervene before they become supreme or you become the supreme. IMO this is easiest to do in the jungle/mid

blueagle8900

09-16-2014

I agree about the mid part. A good mid that roams can Def help out his team. However unless zed (at least for me) ap mids have trouble taking towers and objectives. One reason I love adc. I can roam after winning my laNE and take towers fast. But I'm finding that a fed tankier champ can just wreck me if I have no peeling. And mid lane assassin's specialize in taking out adcs so when they get fed I die too quick. But I don't get how it's almost every game I have a lane feeding out of control. I try to help them if it's early in game by giving them advice like ward and to stay back on tower. But then watch as they over extend every time with 0 ward coverage. As an adc I'm buying 2-3 pinks a game and many green wards. Not to mention a sweeper. Vision is important in league and in low elo few ward so I ward more. But that still doesn't help. I just don't get it

EwokSoldier

09-16-2014

Hey blueeagle89000 if your interested in some free help checkout my thread

And I don't agree with that saying you have to carry to win in solo que I used to think that but not anymore. I feel in order to better your chances in solo que to win you have to FORCE your team to carry you. That is why mid and jungle are the ideal roles to play as because it can influence the game in such a way to allow others besides yourself to make an impact. I think this is true because you can be 69-0 and your team has no impact so you lose anyways because enemy focuses you. Instead of focusing on getting ahead yourself focus on getting your team ahead overall.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...ht=ewoksoldier

blueagle8900

09-16-2014

Thats why I played jungle for so long. However 2 things stopped me. 1 that no matter what you did you got flamed on. I would gang top and mid 100 times and bot once and we would be winning so hard yet bot would flame. I got tired of being everyone's punching bag. I found I could out cs and out play most ad mains when adc was my secondary role. So I switched to it. Finding I can almost always win lane. And hopefully allowing junglers to gang other lanes more. But I get on these streaks that every game someone on my team feeds over and over like just not stopping. I've had supports almost do it. But I use pings to back them off. Which I typically think if I hadn't pinged they would be continously feeding as well.

My friend told me the matchmaking system puts winners with other winners. So does that mean it puts losers with other losers? I mean common for 10 games in a row my team gives up 10+ deaths in the first 10min. Meanwhile the other team is like an lcs team with wards everywhere and grouping. I thought maybe I'm on tilt so I get off or I play normals but even those games are fine. It's just rank. Is there a new group of players that just started playing that got into silver and just feed and I'm getting stuck with them. Not sure how to carry at any role then. B.c I'll go mid other games or go top. Not my best but I'll do okay. And then jungle feeds or bot feeds and it's like no matter what someone on the other team has 8-12 kills and is huge.

EwokSoldier

09-16-2014

what your friend says it untrue and very dumb

Riot pairs the team to be as even as mmr as possible which is like your hidden elo or how good riot thinks you are.

Another thing is you have a higher chance if winning the game then losing the game based solely on the fact you are in the game. Statistically even with raters flamers toxic players afks and what not you have a 4 out of 10 chance u will get someone like that on your team while the enemy has a 5 out of 10 chance. Therefore theoretically if u do not rage and deserve to get promoted you eventually will if you are good enough

If you like some help i or have any specific questions i am more the willing to help =) gl in solo que

(I used to be bronze so i know the struggle hence why i made this thread) http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4695962

SummonerSquid

09-17-2014

Carrying doesn't necessarily mean being the "carry" role, like a marksman or scaling mage like Ryze. Carrying your team means playing your role effectively enough so that you make up for your team's weaknesses.

Keep in mind you are playing on a team with people around your skill level. There are things they do well and things they don't do well. Perhaps they are bad at playing from a loss (which is frequently the case), taking a lead to a win, or even something more basic like positioning. If a player has bad positioning, but always finds a good engage, you should try and play that to your advantage - compensate for your team's weaknesses.

Example
You have LMQ's Vasilli as an ADC. He frequently goes into 1v4 fights and takes out 2 or 3 of them, but eventually goes down. The enemy is able to get an objective afterward and your team is unable to respond.

Teammate's Strengths: aggression, hitting his combo, dueling
Teammate's Weaknesses: poor risk management, positioning, non-objective focus

How would you adapt your play for this kind of player?

• You could make sure that you are focusing another objective at the same time as him, forcing
    the enemy team to make a lose-lose decision.
  • You could follow him and support him so that he doesn't die.
  • You could ask him to change his play style (this doesn't always work)

It's often very difficult to get players to follow your play style or strategy, but it's a good thing to try. If your team doesn't want to follow your particular strategy, try adapting it to fit their apparent strengths or weaknesses. A good solo queue player is either a pro that can 1v5 (aka Wildturtle) or adapt their play at a moment's notice.

TL;DR - try adapting your play to your team mates in order to help them fulfill their roles ("carry" them)

S0me0ne23

09-17-2014

Problem: Feeders lost you a game.
Solution: Let it go. You will have games where you might be playing at the highest level of both teams and still lose. Just move on. It's not worth getting upset over what your teammates are doing. Just focus on your own performance, learn and improve, communicate and strategize. Sometimes your team won't listen. Oh well. Just adapt your strategy and move on. You will have teammates that are on tilt or not playing their best. So will the enemy. The trick to climbing into new rankings is learning to deal with struggles. Sometimes this can mean adapting to a teammate's less-than-optimal play style, and sometimes it's just helping a teammate on tilt get their head back into the game. It's not as much about winning or losing, but rather about the effort you put into it.