@Riot: Limited edition skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

10-18-2010

I posted this on the Harrowing Skins thread, but it was on page 58 so I doubt anyone would see it. So I decided to post it here as well.

You know what really annoys me about limited edition skins? No matter how cool they are, I can't buy them for champions I haven't unlocked yet. So as much as I'd like to buy Nosferatu Vladimir, I can't get it as I don't have Vlad unlocked yet, which means I'm going to miss out (and NO I'm not going to unlock him with RP just to get a skin).

What's my point? My point is this: why can't we preemptively buy skins for champions we are going to unlock in the future? I'd buy Nosferatu Vlad now and when I eventually get around to unlocking Vlad I'll have the skin. I have the skin, Riot has my money, everybody is happy!

Hazat

10-18-2010

not a bad idea

Waffles Inc

10-18-2010

My issue with limited edition skins is that some of us are poor and will not be able to afford skins until 2014.

I mean, I really appreciate the fact that I'm one of probably less than six dozen people who own the Earnest Elf Tristana skin (was gifted a $10 RP card at the time). And I understand that it would compel collector-types to drop a crapton of RP RIGHT NOW to get them before they're gone. But it really isn't fair to the starving college students of the community.

Big Rubber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

hes saying he doesnt want to buy the champ because he can buy the champ with IP
he wants the skin for vlad but he doesn't have 6.3IP.

i agree with this, i wanted to get the udyr skin on discount (130RP) but i don't have udyr..
that's $1 riot would never get from me xD

mcnichoj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

100% support.
Doubt it will happen though because they want to force players to have to buy the champ with RP or buy an IP boost which also takes away RP.

Arcane Azmadi

10-18-2010

Ah, you edited your post. So did I.

Maeode

10-18-2010

it's not like vlad is a new champ.

in fact none of the champs getting a limited edition skin are very new.

complaining about you not having the champ yet means that without him having this skin you probably weren't going to get that champ anyway. why pay for a skin for a champ you dont use?

Luis

Adjudicator

10-18-2010

Its sucks that you can't but on the bright side you have 14 days to collect 6300 RP

Daily win 255ish then all you need is like 2 wins or 2-3 losses a day on average to get him before hes gone