Armor in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

01-06-2013

Whats your opinion to the armor changes in lol?

I play tank/bruisers like Dr. Mundo, Galio, and Shen and noticed that armor is less substantial now. Not specifically because of BC, but the cost/efficiency of armor has dramatically decreased. Its not fun to spend 100-400g extra on items I used to buy.

Rakaydos

01-06-2013

I see it as the return to Atmog dominance. Warmog + Atmas + Spirit Visage is a strong combination on any champ, with lots of HP and HP regen, and a bit or armor and MR. I'm running bruiser Kennen these days, and being able to stack up for a stun has it's own intimidation value.

(protip, if you've got a mark on you already, DONT dive kennen under his tower after 6...)

Xela Syab

01-07-2013

I never really liked Atmogs, thought it was a toxic meta since it made carries/bruiser more damaging for stacking health and defensive items like BV, Spirit Visage, and Sunfire Cape. I'm talking about returns on items like Randuin's Omen, Locket of the Iron Solari, and Thornmail. Thornmail was already niche and up and now it costs 200g more. Iron Solari doesn't give an aura anymore, and Randuins Omen doesn't have cdr, regen, for just a few more armor, and costs more. I'm seeing this as a systematic nerf to armor items.

Beaumains

01-08-2013

It needed to be done, but may have been overkill (Riot has been known to follow a pendulum's trajectory on things in the past).

Caecus Scius

01-08-2013

I am having a hard time with Rammus, who even with all the armor is still getting busted down by a lot of AD bruisers who I USED to dominate.

Its not armor that is the problem its Armor Pen