Ul'thor -The Seraphim.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iridium Devil

12-11-2012

Appearance: Ul'thor is a winged man wearing pail blue armor. He has short white hair and glows with a dim light. He carries a large tower shield in his left hand and a silver lance in his right hand.

Skin: Fallen Lord Ul'thor: The Fallen Lord skin depicts Ul'thor in a suit of dark purple armor adorned with horned skulls on his shoulder plates, knees and elbows. His wings are a dark tinted red with black along the upper edge. In his left hand he carries a tower shield made of bones with a horned skull in the center. In his right hand he carries a long spine with an animal skull at the end, a spear blade protruding from it's mouth. His hair becomes a flowing, dark red color and he emanates a dark aura.

Animations:

Movement: Ul'thor hover above the ground, his wings flapping in time with his movements to keep himself elevated. When he flies, his body tilts 45 degrees forward, and he places his shield in front of him with his spear at his side pointed forwards.

Attack: Ul'thor alternates between swinging his spear and bashing with his shield every 4th attack. On a critical strike, he thrusts his spear forward.

Death: Ul'thor lands on the ground on his knees, his spear and shield disappear in a bright light and his body dissolves into golden wisps which quickly vanish from sight.
-Skin- Ul'thor lands on the ground on his knees, his spear and shield are pulled into the ground by a burning portal which slowly consumes Ul'thor.

Dance: Ul'thor lands on the ground and begins doing the "Time Warp" from the "Rockey Horror Picture Show".

Taunts:

Ul'thor does not speak during his taunts. Instead he lands on the ground and taps his foot impatiently.

Jokes:

Ul'thor cringes in fear as a loud thunderclap startles him.

Movement Sayings:

"The wounded need me."
"To greater pastures."
"I will regret nothing."

Attack Damage: 45 (+2/level).
Health: 550 (+45/level).
Mana: 200 (+25/level).
Armor: 15 (+2.5/level).
Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.5/level).
Movement Speed: 325.
Attack Speed: 0.5 (+0.05/level).
Health Regen: 6/5 seconds (+0.5/level).
Mana Regen: 3/5 seconds (+1.5/level).
Attack Range: 175

Abilities:

Passive: Glorious Light:
Ul'thor glows with a radiant energy extending 300 units around him. Allies within the light gain 10% Tenacity (stacking with other tenacity effects). This aura grows by 10 units for each point he has placed in all of his abilities, and applies the passive effects of his abilities to the Glorious Light. Additionally, all of Ul'Thors damaging abilities, every 4th consecutive basic attack against the same target champion and every critical hit mark their target with Seraphim's Light: The target has their movement speed and attack speed slowed by 5% (+2% per level) and is revealed for 3 seconds. As long as the mark is on the target, the first ability or attack made by an allied champion will deal 1 (+0.5% per 5 levels)+((1% Magic Resistance)+(1% ap)) of their missing health as magic damage and extend the duration of the slow and reveal by 50%.

Q: Resplendence:
Passive: Near by allied champions gain 5% Attack Speed and 1% Movement Speed per rank.
Ul'thor releases an orb of light that passes through allied units healing them for 1(+0.5% per rank) of their missing health and 65(+25/rank)+(35% Ap). If the orb passes through an enemy champion, it will deal 35(+12.5/rank)+(17.5% ap) magic damage over 3 seconds and will be marked with Seraphim's Light.
Mana Cost: 65/85/105/125/145
Range: 300/400/500/600/700 units.
Cool Down: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.

W: Glory:
Passive: Near by allied champions gain 5 (+5 per rank) Armor and Magic Resistance.
Ul'thor targets an allied champion, placing a Golden True Shield on them which absorbs 70(+65 per rank)+(65% ap) damage and blocking incoming crowd control effects and grievous wounds for 5 (+1second per rank) or until depleted. A shielded ally will recover 0.5% of their maximum health each second until the shield depletes or is broken.

E: Gale of the Seraphim:
Passive: Near by allied champions gain 1% Life Steal and Spell Vamp per rank.
Ul'thor releases a gust of wind in a short range before him, hitting the first champion in the path and passing over minions. The champion struck by this ability takes 55 +(25 per rank +((25% Armor)+(25% ap)) magic damage and is left with a "Seraphim's Light" mark.

R: Rain Of Divinity:
Passive: Near by allied units gain 2.5% increased Health and Mana regeneration and take 3% reduced damage per rank.
Ul'thor fills the field with a bright light, blinding all enemy champions for 1.5 (+0.5 per rank) seconds. For the next 10 seconds, Ul'thor may reactivate this ability to rush forward 1500 (+550 per rank) units in a straight line. He leaves behind a glowing trail for 5 seconds that will increase the Armor, Magic Resistance and Movement speed of allies by 20 (+5 per rank)%. Enemy champions he passes through are knocked air born for 1.5 (+0.25 per rank) seconds and take 250 (+100 per additional rank)+(35% ap) magic damage and will be marked with Seraphim's Light.

Skin Apperances:

Passive: Ul'thor is surrounded by a dark energy.
Q: Ul'thor releases a flaming skull which passes through allies.
W: Ul'thor surrounds the ally with fiery shield.
E: Ul'thor releases a burst of black fire.
R: Ul'thor darkens the map and dashes, leaving black fire in his wake,

Lore:

Ul'thor was once an Elven healer, trained in the divine arts by his villages elder and taught to love and protect those around him. He became a great healer and a powerful adept of divine magic, using it to heal the wounded and destroy the evil. During a prolonged war against the Orcs of his home world, his divine magics accidentally wounded an ally. Sadly, it was not just any ally. It was his villages elder, and the acting general of their forces. While wounded, the opposing orcs manages to rout and kill the majority of their military force. What should have been Ul'thors death, was not. He was pulled through dimensions, passing through the high heavens on a failed summon. There he remained for countless years in blissful ignorance of his mortal life.

Then, one day, he was pulled back from the heavens with another summon, returning him to a mortal world, and to his memories. His healing arts empowered by his new angelic body, Ul'thor arrived in Runeterra with a sorrow no mortal could feel, a greater power he could have used to save his people, who where now long dead and in another world. He became devoted to the League after being summoned, swearing never to use his magic to wound another, but instead to heal and protect allies until such a time that the high heavens felt he was redeemed, and able to return.

The5lacker

12-11-2012

Stats: 1 per level AD scaling is...pathetic. Seriously, that would put him below Orianna, Sona, and every other character ever by a large margin. The normal base attack damage of a champion is somewhere between 45 and 55 with an increase of around 2-4 per level. His health is also terrible, placing him at roughly half Sona's base health at level 18. Conversely, his mana scales ridiculously well and his magic resist breaks the trend of melee characters getting 30 (+1.25) and ranged getting 30 by a large margin. I'd review the wiki for some general parameters if I were you. Also, the lowest melee range is 125, and the normal for characters with long staffs, lances, etc. is 175. Again, most of these problems can be solved by reviewing the wiki.

Passive: I like the idea of combining auras, though there is a little room for abuse here. Not too bad, though.

Q: Potent aura effect without being overly powerful, and a potent heal. I'd say up the percent a touch but change it to a percent of their missing health. That'd make it powerful to save someone from their doom, but won't be as effective to countering poke while waiting for a gank early game.

W: 50 armor and magic resist with auras as big as his is excessive. Tone it down to 5 +5 per rank. That'd make it 10 for rank 1, which is fair, and 30 for rank 5, which is also fair. A shield when he already has a heal is fairly boring, and a strength 600 shield is insanely good. Also, AP scaling tends to not change with level. That's kind of its purpose.

E: 15% lifesteal and spellvamp in an aura that big is, again, a big no-no. Another heal is also a bad idea, and that's a fairly potent steroid right there, with even more lifesteal. I'd tone that down significantly and maybe consider just giving him some form of actual offensive ability of his own. No support has zero ways of hurting someone.

Ult: 15% damage steroid is, again, rather powerful. 15% damage reduction isn't quite as powerful, but still scary. Yet ANOTHER heal (really, no need for it.), and a 3 second blind. The blind is interesting, but I'm going to reiterate that your champion has 3 heals, 2 shields, and no way of dealing damage himself. That's a bad place to be.

Unique Item: No. No no no no, that's a bad idea, and just slapping together Doran's items and building them into something insane is a bad idea in and of itself unless the champion is built around that kind of concept. Unique items are a bad idea and I really dislike Rengar having one, because it makes no sense and gives him an insane advantage over other players if he snowballs. It only makes sense with Viktor because, well, it's his passive.

Overall, I can see what you were going for, and I like it, but I really think you should reconsider how boring this character would be to play. With no attack damage, no health, and insane mana, he would be a babysitter, which someone with a lance and a tower shield should never have to be. I might be able to see it justified if he was some sort of energy wisp made of benevolent energies, but as is, not a huge fan. Can't see myself playing him, and I'm a huge support fan.

Iridium Devil

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Stats: 1 per level AD scaling is...pathetic. Seriously, that would put him below Orianna, Sona, and every other character ever by a large margin. The normal base attack damage of a champion is somewhere between 45 and 55 with an increase of around 2-4 per level. His health is also terrible, placing him at roughly half Sona's base health at level 18. Conversely, his mana scales ridiculously well and his magic resist breaks the trend of melee characters getting 30 (+1.25) and ranged getting 30 by a large margin. I'd review the wiki for some general parameters if I were you. Also, the lowest melee range is 125, and the normal for characters with long staffs, lances, etc. is 175. Again, most of these problems can be solved by reviewing the wiki.

Passive: I like the idea of combining auras, though there is a little room for abuse here. Not too bad, though.

Q: Potent aura effect without being overly powerful, and a potent heal. I'd say up the percent a touch but change it to a percent of their missing health. That'd make it powerful to save someone from their doom, but won't be as effective to countering poke while waiting for a gank early game.

W: 50 armor and magic resist with auras as big as his is excessive. Tone it down to 5 +5 per rank. That'd make it 10 for rank 1, which is fair, and 30 for rank 5, which is also fair. A shield when he already has a heal is fairly boring, and a strength 600 shield is insanely good. Also, AP scaling tends to not change with level. That's kind of its purpose.

E: 15% lifesteal and spellvamp in an aura that big is, again, a big no-no. Another heal is also a bad idea, and that's a fairly potent steroid right there, with even more lifesteal. I'd tone that down significantly and maybe consider just giving him some form of actual offensive ability of his own. No support has zero ways of hurting someone.

Ult: 15% damage steroid is, again, rather powerful. 15% damage reduction isn't quite as powerful, but still scary. Yet ANOTHER heal (really, no need for it.), and a 3 second blind. The blind is interesting, but I'm going to reiterate that your champion has 3 heals, 2 shields, and no way of dealing damage himself. That's a bad place to be.

Unique Item: No. No no no no, that's a bad idea, and just slapping together Doran's items and building them into something insane is a bad idea in and of itself unless the champion is built around that kind of concept. Unique items are a bad idea and I really dislike Rengar having one, because it makes no sense and gives him an insane advantage over other players if he snowballs. It only makes sense with Viktor because, well, it's his passive.

Overall, I can see what you were going for, and I like it, but I really think you should reconsider how boring this character would be to play. With no attack damage, no health, and insane mana, he would be a babysitter, which someone with a lance and a tower shield should never have to be. I might be able to see it justified if he was some sort of energy wisp made of benevolent energies, but as is, not a huge fan. Can't see myself playing him, and I'm a huge support fan.
you're right on all accounts (though truth be told I was kind of out of it when I made him and didn't know I had posted him until a friend told me), but I like where you're going with this. Looking at his design I can see him being more of "knight" as opposed to "healer/giant buff", especially since he can't do any damage on his own. I've begun to rework him.