Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many summoners have issues when your home is the top nexus?

Absolutely! It's awful 7 41.18%
Of course not! I'm awesome. 6 35.29%
What? You're weird. 2 11.76%
I have no idea what you're talking about. 2 11.76%
Voters 17 .

Top Nexus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D Lars

01-06-2013

Am I the only one that plays horribly when my team is at the top nexus? It doesn't seen like the mini map or panel are in the way; I think the champion is positioned in the middle between the top of the panel and the top of my monitor, but when I'm fighting top-to-bottom, I am just awful.
How many play with the camera lock off? Maybe that has a lot to do with it, because I always have it locked, because I don't trust the mouse, and there is too much to do anyway then make sure I always have the screen just where I need it.
I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way. I love playing PvP, but I find myself playing more bot games just because I want to keep the bottom nexus as my home.

Enconex

01-06-2013

Never have the camera locked unless your chasing someone (right on them). Learn to switch between the two. Having it locked is a very, very, bad habit.

Regardless, I don't notice any problems on either side.

Swiftblood

01-06-2013

I play with a locked camera and track pad and rarely perform poorly, just have to have better minimap awareness and know when to unlock it cause there are some situations you need to have it unlocked (baron/dragon/global ults/range extending past camera view). Having the top nexus, from some murmuring I've heard from time to time, means your teams elo or hidden elo average is lower than the opposing team, so could be part of the issue. Other than that either unlock your camera or become better with it locked.

Alot of your problem sounds like you're lacking experience is all, I don't notice a difference on either side other than one has a slightly easier/safer time stealing drag and the other baron.

Damno

01-06-2013

No, no problems.

I just have my camera following enemy using mouse or arrow keys.

And watch Mini-map.

AaronPoke

01-07-2013

purple side generally plays more passively bot lane because its hard to follow up and combo. other than that there isn't much difference except for jungle creeps. as top lane i usually take doubles or wraiths depending on my champ for early level. but blue side can do the same depending on their jungler (wolves)

Nesious

01-07-2013

Most of the players play with unlocked screen because its much better to be able to move and see without clicking on a mini map or guessing, its hard to get used to, but once you do get used to it, you will hate locked camera like some disease that was plaguing your mind (play).

Commando Francky

01-07-2013

I dont see any differences personally, no camera lock tho.

AlphaJerreth

01-07-2013

I personally have a bit of trouble due to the HUD blocking a little of the screen. However I find myself getting past this by unlocking the camera so, if anyone is having trouble harrassing/dodging please consider learning some camera control, it does help.

D Lars

01-07-2013

This was really helpful. I guess I'll have to start trying the cam unlock during Co-op games. I tried it last night and got slaughtered during a PvP, 0-9-1 with one of my strongest champions, Xin Zhao. I get how people can do it with the camera...when on top, I had the outer turret in the upper-right of my screen, which gave me a lot of space...but once in turmoil, it can be very uncomfortable.

Armstice

01-07-2013

You can always hit space to return the camera to your champion.