Ping is killing me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caecus Scius

01-06-2013

We JUST started playing ranked, and for 2 years I have had almost no problems with ping. However, now all of a sudden ping is spiking to over 9000.

I thought, maybe its my not so great internet connection... I live in the country. However, I went to a friend's house and played on his 50MB connection, and he played without ping lag, and I did not. It cost us dearly, as it played fine until team fights and I pinged up high and got laggy beyond belief.

I've done almost every diagnostic test I can find, and everything points to this being Riot's fault. I can play any other game without ping issues, and have never had them before this week (the week we start playing ranked games...)

I ran Netalyzr and got some somewhat poor results (but keep in mind i couldn't get my wife off pintrest to let me run it without a drain on resources)

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...8-4561-901d/rd

Even these don't explain ping spikes on other networks etc.

Sgt Oreos

01-06-2013

Mmhmm. Same problems here. No internet problems and no viruses of any sort but I've had lag that went over 7000 ping and I've checked internet connection with a speedtest but it always shows great connection even when in-game it shows that I had 2000+ ping. I believe that the update did something to the files and made lag happen.

Caecus Scius

01-06-2013

Yeah, it is basically the most frustrating and awful experience to be winning so hard, and then the ping comes and gives the enemy a free win. I should be 7-0 in ranked...

neto969

01-06-2013

Same problem

Anmut

01-06-2013

Done playing this game until they fix this garbage lag..

Reality Bytez

01-06-2013

One game. No lag. This game 1-18 or something because early game was plagued with a dc every time I tried going after the enemy. I'd watch my champ run towards them auto attacking... No skills can be used. Net is fine for everything but league.

Caecus Scius

01-06-2013

I did the repair installation... went in, and played ARAM custom game thinking it might be a good test for ping issues. No ping spikes that I could tell. I go to play TT with my 2 friends, and 2 games in a row, terrible terrible ping spikes throughout the game.

I'm a customer, who has spent plenty of money on this game ($100+) and I have much more to spend before its all said and done, however this ping spikes issue is the most infuriating issue I've ever had. I'd rather the game just not load or something... I hate the feeling that I've lost because the game is screwing up. Its so bad I am considering QUITTING. Seriously, I have put in all this time and money into this game, and now its become so unplayable that it lets me get into a game, lets me play a little... but as soon as the fighting starts... PING OVER 9000!

I don't know why, but it makes me so angry, incredibly angry to have this problem, and have no solution in sight, no response from Riot about it, no place other than these forums to come and scream about how much it upsets me. Its just a game, but its still my favorite right now.

Riot, please find out what is wrong and fix it. At least come into the forums, admit that you are aware that HUNDREDS of your customers appear to be having the same issues, and admit you don't know what it is, but you will fix it.

Have us send in DXDiag files, or something... don't just keep it broken and say nothing.