Xin Zhao is anti-fun and ridiculously OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swiftblood

01-06-2013

Without reading anything but the title

Xin Zhao op...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you're so hilarious you deserve a reward, xin zhao is below par if anything.

Now reading your post..

you just need to get better at the game, dying under the turret to someone at lvl 2 just tells us you're bad

Nesious

01-06-2013

Start Cloth 5, if hes dumb enough to dive you, do something no one could ever possibly think of...

Flash Away from him.
But seriously, Xin is a huge early game champion with enough burst to roll you early on, if you must play Akali with no armor, then sit without a skill picked when creeps spawn, if he wants to fight you at level 1, get W at lvl 1 and shroud over the creep wave, last hit by AA'ing, and when the shroud is running out, back off, don't forget to harass him with AA's while not last hitting, since the creeps can't aggro you fast enough to hit you before you restealth. At level 2 take Q and rinse and repeat, but use Q to get creeps you can't or use Q AA to hit him. He can't stay away from the shroud without missing last hits if you put in directly in the center of the lane and creeps. (Don't Push, at all) so he can't avoid getting a Q or Q AA to the face to trade for a creep. Its a hard matchup, but try this, its something no one will expect, and it could catch him offguard. I'm not by any means an Akali player, but it will probably work.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

Actually... given that Xin Zhao's passive is armor shred, I think you're probably better to start Flask, ward, 5 pots.

Nesious

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Actually... given that Xin Zhao's passive is armor shred, I think you're probably better to start Flask, ward, 5 pots.
OH, YEAH! Im bad gg >.<

Zerthai

01-07-2013

Xin zhao is only strong in the early phases of the game. If u dont let him get fed he will be much less useful as the game goes on. THe reason he is so strong early is because his talon strike pretty much gives him 6 attacks. Each of the talon strikes is his attack plus his attack dmg thus each one is basically 2 attacks. To beat him just start cloth 5 and build into ninja tabi and then get some health. Even as alkali. You just need to build tanky against him before u can build your damage. I know it sux to have to do that but if u want a chance at winning just play smart and dont give him an edge. If it means falling a little behind in cs its better then falling behind in lvl.

Proxy345

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I have no armor, why are his attacks doing so much damage?

You said Akali is weak at level 1. Xin Zhao, however, is not. He's probably running full offensive runes, and you have no armor, so he's doing a TON of damage.

Go play draft so you know who you're against. If Xin was op, he'd be nerfed and played in competitive play. Start with defensive masteries and armor runes.
Problem with armor when it comes to Xin is that he has a free Cleaver in his passive that reduces an enemy's armor so it makes armor useless against him unless its something like a Thornmail,but he'll shred through most armor.

adc

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy345 View Post
Problem with armor when it comes to Xin is that he has a free Cleaver in his passive that reduces an enemy's armor so it makes armor useless against him unless its something like a Thornmail,but he'll shred through most armor.
At level 1, Akali has 17 armor. 15% of that is 2.55, so with his shred you're down to about 15 (probably 14 in-game, because of rounding). You have 445 health. That means that you can take 512 damage from him.

I have a rune page that gives me 25 armor (and other stats). Cloth armor gives 15. So now I'm starting with 57 armor, instead of 17. His reduction brings that down by 8.55, to 48.5 or so. This brings the damage you can take from him up to nearly 600, and you can EASILY another 100 HP out of runes and masteries by taking more HP and armor.

It's a 15% shred. ****ing build armor or health. Whichever you feel is better, you have to build one if you're dying to him.

OriginalJack

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy345 View Post
Saying it makes armor useless is a bit of an exaggeration. Besides what other option do you have?

1. Build hp.
2. Build glass cannon and try to kill him first.
3. Build armor.

Building armor is clearly the most cost effective option early on. Akali isn't super strong pre-6 but Xin is. Unfortunately this means you're going to have to play safe early. Use the brush, use your W and don't try to trade hits with him.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-07-2013

If you're Akali, why wouldn't you just use your Q to farm from range and/or poke Xin? And then if Xin dives on you with his E or if you just get a little out of position, Akali can use her W to just walk away.

Seriously, if you're playing as Akali and ever feel like you're going to struggle in your lane, put a point in W at level 2 (instead of level 4 like you might normally do) so you can just walk away.

A Sheen and your ult will do enough damage to Xin that he won't want to stand right on your minions any more. And even if he does, you can always just roam and kill whoever you want with Akali at level 6.

But I'll still contest... if you ever think a champion is OP, especially only like Xin that's relatively cheap (only 3150 IP), then just go unlock that champion and start playing. It's easy for a Xin main to own you with Xin and make you feel like he's OP, but then when you get on Xin and get owned by everyone else because you have no idea how to play him, you start to feel differently.

I've thought champions are OP as well, and this usually lasts till I try that champion out. The only champion that I continue to think is OP is Jax. And I only feel like he's OP when I play as him generally...

Snipawolfe

01-07-2013

Didn't read thread. I only have two words (or maybe four) for you.

Warden's Mail. GG.

Also, learn the champion yourself so you can counter play.
Also, gank him since he has no escapes.