Xin Zhao is anti-fun and ridiculously OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UgIierBetty

01-06-2013

Okay, give me as many downvotes as you want. Every "champion X is OP" thread I see gets tons and tons of downvotes, but I am serious here.

I just played a game against Xin (blind pick). Since it was blind, I didn't really choose the best champion to face Xin: Akali.

The game started, he was super aggressive, he was attacking me under my turret at level 1. Akali is super weak early game, so all I could do was q and auto attack once and hope for him to back off.

He turret dived me again and straight up killed me when he was level 2. (I was still level 1)... if you can't even turret hug against him what can you do? (And remember this is blind pick, so don't ream me out with "Noob! Learn 2 counter pick!")

My jungler then came up to help (Nautilus. I thought, "This is good, Xin shouldn't be able to shred through a tanky champion"). We engage, both at full health. We use all of our moves on him, ignite, the whole thing. He kills me in a matter of seconds (my W didn't help against him. After I attacked him once he just hit me a few times and I died), and then he proceeded to get a double kill.

At this point all xin has are boots.... how is he doing so much damage with just boots?

He then moved on to the turret. He took it down from full turret health in a matter of seconds! It was gone before either of us respawned, and it was still early in the game.

A few more ganks go by, and my jungler and I both want to surrender, even though it's only been a few minutes, and we're winning the other two lanes. It was that frustrating.

LeBlanc then comes up for a gank, along with Nautilus. We surround him. He uses his ult, then kills me, then kills LeBlanc, then kills Nautilus. At that point I was outraged. How is a champion that strong?

So then I thought, "Maybe I'm having a bad game?" I went to gank some lanes and picked up a few easy kills. So I knew I was having an alright game. The problem was Xin. Xin pushed to our inhib in like 10 minutes tops. Taric and I go in. I think, "This is good. Taric is tanky, and he has a stun." Taric stuns, I engage. I was doing such minimal damage, and then Xin proceeds to chase us both down for a double kill inside our own base.

The annoying thing is that the rest of the enemy team had either 0 or 1 kills, and my team had multiple kills dispersed. Xin had all the team's kills, and took out all of our turrets, and repeatedly 1v3'd, 1v4'd and 1v5'd us. We only killed him like 3 times.

We lost the game even though we only lost top.

I find that any time I see Xin Zhao on the loading screen I just want to turn off my computer. Downvote me all you want, but in my opinion he ruins the game and is in serious need of a nerf.

adc

01-06-2013

If you're dying to xin zhao at level 1 under your turret, you are bad. Period. NOBODY can dive at level 1 and live.

UgIierBetty

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
If you're dying to xin zhao at level 1 under your turret, you are bad. Period. NOBODY can dive at level 1 and live.
It was right after the tense beginning poke fest when we're both trying to farm, I hit him once, takes out maybe 1/8 of his health. He hits me once and takes out 1/4 of my health. He hits me two more times as I'm running away and I'm down 3/4 of my health. He then dove to finish me off.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

He's 3150 IP. If he's so OP, unlock him and start winning matches.

biIbo

01-06-2013

You're doing something terribly wrong and aren't admitting it.

adc

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
It was right after the tense beginning poke fest when we're both trying to farm, I hit him once, takes out maybe 1/8 of his health. He hits me once and takes out 1/4 of my health. He hits me two more times as I'm running away and I'm down 3/4 of my health. He then dove to finish me off.
I have no armor, why are his attacks doing so much damage?

You said Akali is weak at level 1. Xin Zhao, however, is not. He's probably running full offensive runes, and you have no armor, so he's doing a TON of damage.

Go play draft so you know who you're against. If Xin was op, he'd be nerfed and played in competitive play. Start with defensive masteries and armor runes.

UgIierBetty

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyboness View Post
You're doing something terribly wrong and aren't admitting it.
Well then please tell me, because I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Every time I lane against Xin Zhao I lose, unless he is a bad player and I get good ganks.

When I googled "Xin Zhao is OP" all that came up were people saying "YOU NOOB! BUY ARMOR." But how do you afford armor if you can't approach your minions without dying?

(I play melee top laners. Xin just stands right on my minions and then proceeds to do his "1/2 your health" combo when I get too close).

PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong, because just the fact the he is a champion makes me want to uninstall the game. If there was a way to beat him I would love to know... and how does he 1v3 an early game gank? The other two members of my team aren't even bad! (Admittedly I am not very good, but the other two team members are good!)

Nishaven90

01-06-2013

You're not even level 30 yet, and the Xin was fed.

mnun

01-06-2013

xin is fine, he's hard countered by items like Randuins, frozen heart, or thornmail.

attack speed slows and Armor really take him down a peg

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

First, your turret will out damage Xin for his first few levels. I promise. Farm under your turret. He has no way of dragging you out of its range.

Second, as I said earlier, if he's so OP, unlock him yourself and start playing as him.

EDIT: And by the way, Jax's E completely nullifies Xin's Q and W.