Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think about this one?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

01-12-2013

Game 1:
Jax [00:03:14] Dear gods.
Jax [00:03:20] I can't even roam properly anymore.
Jax [00:03:30] Thanks, Fiora.
Fiora [00:03:33] that the jungles job dude
Fiora [00:03:38] you where supposed to adc bot
Jax [00:03:40] That's not my problem.
Jax [00:03:49] I'm supposed to be roamJax.

My big problem with this is that you refused to be an adc but then somehow feel the right to complain when Fiora leaves top. You wanted to play jax and didn't want to play adc, I get it and don't really have a problem with it. But once in game, you've lost the right to complain about other people playing in a way that you disagree with. I wouldn't punish for this game, but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and probably affects my decision when I look at later games.

Game 2: Nothing here. False report and nothing else that says punish.

Game 3. I wouldn't punish, although I'm starting to suspect that you do things that are detrimental to team cohesion because you like to "buck the meta" or you simply don't care enough about teamwork to work within the team. You're going to do what you're going to do and the heck with everyone else.

Game 4. No punish indicators here for me.

Game 5: A bit spammy. I think calling the Mal a dick, while a valid assessment of the situation, might have put you over the top for the punish. Retaliatory verbal abuse is still considered verbal abuse.

All in all, I would have pardoned or skipped this one as undecided, my guess is that the passive aggressive way of not working with your team in terms of composition is what set the punish votes on you. If someone is thinking, "do I want this guy on my team" the answer is going to sway to no.

Let me be clear, I get not wanting to follow the meta. I'm okay with a roamer, duo mid, duo top, whatever. However, many people are not and if the entirety of the team doesn't want you to play that way, it might be better to queue dodge.

Good luck in your future games

AtheistGuy1

01-13-2013

Quote:
KimKelley:

My big problem with this is that you refused to be an adc but then somehow feel the right to complain when Fiora leaves top. You wanted to play jax and didn't want to play adc, I get it and don't really have a problem with it. But once in game, you've lost the right to complain about other people playing in a way that you disagree with. I wouldn't punish for this game, but it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and probably affects my decision when I look at later games.

Alright. I see where you're coming from.

Quote:
KimKelley:
You're going to do what you're going to do and the heck with everyone else.

With good reason.

Quote:
KimKelley:
Game 5: A bit spammy. I think calling the Mal a dick, while a valid assessment of the situation, might have put you over the top for the punish. Retaliatory verbal abuse is still considered verbal abuse.

Is it really verbal abuse when we agree it is an accurate description of the person in question?

Quote:
KimKelley:
All in all, I would have pardoned or skipped this one as undecided, my guess is that the passive aggressive way of not working with your team in terms of composition is what set the punish votes on you. If someone is thinking, "do I want this guy on my team" the answer is going to sway to no.

The sad part is I'm not being passive-aggressive throughout most of it. It's hard to come off as neutral in a game with a community like this when nobody can see your poker face or hear the dull tone of voice in your message.

Quote:
KimKelley:
Let me be clear, I get not wanting to follow the meta. I'm okay with a roamer, duo mid, duo top, whatever. However, many people are not and if the entirety of the team doesn't want you to play that way, it might be better to queue dodge.

This goes back to game #3. Let me be clear in telling you that if I left for such a reason I would literally never be able to play this game. Times where even one person doesn't mind are few and far in between. The people I deal with on a daily basis are violently complacent in their gaming (violent meaning both fervent and actually hostile).

Quote:
KimKelley:
Good luck in your future games

Thank you for your interesting take on this case. It's been eye-opening.

KimKelley

01-13-2013

Quote:
AtheistGuy1:

Is it really verbal abuse when we agree it is an accurate description of the person in question?

Yes. I think a great many people are abject morons or subhuman, and their parents should have drowned them as children. I refrain from telling them so in game and in life because it is insulting to point out a person's flaws in such a fashion.

AtheistGuy1

01-13-2013

I wouldn't know, I have fairly thick skin. I suppose you do have a point though.