What do you think about this one?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie98s

01-06-2013

you didnt play the role your team told you to play. thus ban justfied

AtheistGuy1

Shelzin

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
Rather than waste everyone's time with a wall of text, I'll just post my card and let you comment on it. I'm sure there's something I did wrong, but it would be nice to have it pointed out to me (Since there are five games and all).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6111452/#nogo
I would have pardoned you... But boy I can see how you rub some people the wrong way... XD

Jamie98s

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
I would have pardoned you... But boy I can see how you rub some people the wrong way... XD
rub=ban

AtheistGuy1

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
As can I, but then again most of the people in the community get their panties in a twist over pretty much anything.

AtheistGuy1

01-07-2013

Bump. So far I've only really had one person give the kind of answers I was looking for. More would be nice.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Sorry, man, I took a break off the forum and when I came back your thread had slipped my mind. I had something to say in response to your statement in which "a slightest criticism is taken as a declaration of war." I don't entirely disagree with that statement, but I think a reciprocal reaction is normally a response. Therefore, if you were to approach the situation with more tact, I believe you will "mostly" get a reciprocal reaction. I say mostly because there will always be two types of players, which are those that always keep a cool head, whom I'm sure you have had at least a limited experience with, and those that always respond to criticism poorly. I think you'll find that a majority of the population will fall in the middle, in the "reciprocal reaction" group.

AtheistGuy1

01-07-2013

I wish that were the case in my experience. In reality, the people that talk seem fairly polarized most of the time.I usually get those that take this game far too seriously, occasionally someone that falls in the middle, and rarely, someone who keeps a cool head. I tend to add the latter to my friends list. Most everyone else is either perfectly silent or foreign.

You probably have a point when suggesting I approach with more tact, but we come back to the problem of sounding neutral in an environment that lacks tone of voice to convey non-aggressive speech.

Prismatic

01-07-2013

Game 1: Not a whole lot here, adequate communication helped you in your case, so you were not just a troll who troll picked. Playing for fun, not bannable at all. Would pardon.

Game 2: Nothing to punish here.

Game 3: Distinct lack of communication. As said in a previous post, it just seems arrogant. To me, it would seem like trolling. Taking another lane is fine if you communicate well enough, and the two of you come to an agreement. Hell, just trying to help, from your perspective it seems. Try talking more, and less of the banter to people like Ahri. Not saying you were being an ass or anything, it's just that saying things like "Can you not die like that again" "it pays to be careful" to someone like Ahri is aggrevating, especially after the distinct lack of communication after going mid. This case is borderline punishable.

Do note, I would have been prompted to talk back to ahri for all that. Kudos to you for not talking **** and at least trying to help the team (however unconventional it may seem.)

Case 4: lol Why is this even included? Nothing wrong here.

Case 5: Not a whole lot here, but spamming "ROAMJAX!" after killing or whatever, it just gets annoying after a while. Not to mention (as said before) you come off as a little arrogant. I can understand someone wanting to report you for this, however, it is just you being cocky and slightly arrogant. Excusable and definetly pardonable, but many people (Myself included, sorry) would probably lean more towards a punish for this case. (Not the whole 5 cases, just this case)

So, there you have it. My opinion on how you did. My opinion?> A skipped case, most likely. Not a whole lot to base a report on. Stop goading players with banter / taunts (ROAMJAX!) and communicate a little more, and you should probably never end up in tribunal for a decent amount of time.

By the way, thank you for just posting a reform, as well as not flaming in forum. It seems like you are legitimately trying to be a good player. Also, Kudos again on not reacting (severely) to *******s on your team.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
I wish that were the case in my experience. In reality, the people that talk seem fairly polarized most of the time.I usually get those that take this game far too seriously, occasionally someone that falls in the middle, and rarely, someone who keeps a cool head. I tend to add the latter to my friends list. Most everyone else is either perfectly silent or foreign.

You probably have a point when suggesting I approach with more tact, but we come back to the problem of sounding neutral in an environment that lacks tone of voice to convey non-aggressive speech.
Ah that always is the rub isn't it. Its very hard to express tone online, so the only choice you have is to carefully pick your words, avoiding ones that have double meanings. Make no mistake, I completely understand your point, I'm just trying to brainstorm on how best to help you avoid further punishments. I'd love to add you to my friends list, but my computer's in the shop at the moment, and this piece of gosa that i'm writing on can't handle Xsplit, let alone League.