If League of Legend had a main character?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorofTortuga View Post
Good question. I would say, possibly, Jax, Jarvan IV, or Garen, just because of their lore. Jax is the "best" champion, Jarvan is the Prince of Demacia, and Garen would be like call of duty- Not the head of the army, just another member.
I think Jax is more of a great duelist, and likes to use that to say he is the best lore-wise.

I think Fiora and him would make good rivals.

Suripi Okami

01-22-2013

I always thought Ashe was the main character because of her usually being the first champion that a person will play when they are new to this,plus she is the character that you are set up with when you do the tutorial.

Sharky Shark

01-22-2013

Annie. She's young and has to prove herself to the older champions.

Ashe would be interesting as well.

Master Yi is all over the place, so I could see him being a main character, too.

Aknoo

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke IV View Post
I would say Jax for his effects on the league. If not, Jarvan IV or Swain, given that they lead the largest city states and held power during the incident at Kalamanda.
Totally agree.

ChiefClive

01-24-2013

I'd have to give my vote to monkey, although Ezreal and Riven are more than reasonable candidates as well.

Axzarious

01-24-2013

Well, I would imagine that the League of Legends would be something more of a 'group' based thing, where the main characters are generally team things and that the story would cycle among a few groups every episode or so.

For some reason, I have always thought that Kayle and Morganna are rather important overall. Maybe it's just the initial trailer though, but I am not sure. Some I can envision as 'groupings' in the terms that some seem more likely to easily fit within certain storylines than others, simply due to their nature and character.

Demacia- Jarvan, Shyvana, and Xin Zhao. Garen and Lux,
Noxus- Swain and Darius. Katarina and Talon. Riven would also have interesting potential as a solo char.
Ionia- Master Yi, Wukong, Irelia, Karma, and Soraka.
Piltover- Caitlyn, Vi, and Jayce. Ezreal.
Freljord- Ashe and Tryndamere.
Bilgewater- Miss Fortune... and maybe Fizz? I think that's kind of it. Gangplank seems more like a villian, and I think this place is kinda neglected

MrJayGoBOOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
I'm extremely grateful there is no main character in the league, but I'll bite.
Jax Can't be the main character as He has no where to progress He's already the best there would be no story. Jarvan is a ******y prince. Garen Could be a main character if we assume a Noxus evil Demacia Good Binary, but this leaves out all the other city states.

For the current state of story telling, I have the misfortune of saying the most probable main character, In his youth and his progression is Unfortunately Ezeral.
I agree Ezreal would be a good candidate, but share your reluctant and annoyed sentiment. Personally, being a huge proponent of Piltover, I could see in my mind a narrative or perhaps Ezreal, or Jayce, or a new champion going about the business of advancing the progress of all the city-states around Valorem to their peak potential. This is admittedly however a completely one-sided wishful way of portraying the lore's landscape. However as stated above, I am a Piltovian through and through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
Riven, Ryze, Kat and Ez are all good choices, but I think Wukong should be the protagonist.

He wants to become the best, he has the potential to become the best, he has a lot to learn and discover. And he wants to fight and best exotic and powerful people/creatures.
I would almost wholeheartedly agree with you however WuKong is essentially a giant rip off of "Journey to the West" in almost every conceivable fashion. If League were to have a main character a more original one would be better I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doumz View Post
Welcome to the League of Draven!
... Well played sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadooklaw View Post
If you mean in a TV/web series, I'd say Garen. Why? He is close to J4, so there's gonna be a few episode dedicated to the whole Demacia/Noxus thing. Character development with Kat, check. Comedy scenes due to annoying little sister, check. All we really need is some villain guy, which prob is Darius? Spin2win contests ftw.
We've already seen that Darius loses the spinning contest, now Garen just has to improve his dunking.

deadheld

01-24-2013

a summoner would be the main character/protagonist but he has not been introduced yet.

Sarpon

01-24-2013

In my opinion, the story would have several main characters, as was said before, in a fashion similar to Song of Ice and Fire, simply because there would be too much story to tell in the world of Runeterra. There would be too many plots, some major and some minor but still too many to be told through only one character's point of view. I think the POV characters should chosen from these, for instance, Garen, Lux, Jarvan, (Demacian plot) Katarina, Swain, Leblanc, Darius(Noxian plot) Kassadin, Malzahar (void plot), Yi, Irelia, Singed (Ionian plot), Teemo, Veigar(only Bandle City background worthy characters imo); and more stand alone characters such as Ezreal, Riven, Miss Fortune, Amumu, Fizz, Graves.
The thing is there would be over 75 champions whose's plots would still be unmentioned, because we cant have 110 main characters in a single story. And even though there are more, the champions i mentioned could be used in the same book for a good story with many plots (major and minor).

SoresuMakashi

01-24-2013

Quest: Kassadin (daughter)/Nami/Leona
Epic fantasy: Jarvan/Swain
Hero's journey: Jayce
Redemption: Varus, Morgana, Diana, Lee?
Mystery/Intrigue: LeBlanc and the Black Rose
Buddy Cop: Caitlyn and Vi, obviously
Saturday morning action/comedy: Veigar

I'd love to see some more lore. This Leona/Diana story had better not stop here.