Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If League of Legend had a main character?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

01-08-2013

Katarina/Ryze?

They're the faces of League of legends anyway. Katarina would totally depict how Noxus does/plots around. And i've always seen Ryze as a neutral character anyway.

Trollmaster Cryo

01-08-2013

If you watch the Season 1 Trailer Ryze is OP in that. Some one either seriously fed him or Riot just wants him to be the hero. Save your allies, Start giant teamfight, initiate ganks, all Ryze Ryze Ryze.

IMAFIRAHMAHLAZOR

01-08-2013

I guess most people say Ez. But like one mentioned before Lee Sin would be pretty badass as a protagonist

MiaoLong

01-08-2013

Lee Sin would work a bit better as a mentor. He's already sort of, "complete". He's found his answer already and is atoning.. What makes a good protagonist is that room for growth. That makes Garen as-is a pretty bad protagonist, since he along with the rest of the demacians have a very simple creed that leaves little room for growth in a story.

I've always found either a) A Master Yi bent on revenge, who achieves it but realizes the cost of vengeance, or b) A Pantheon struggling to fit real-world problems into his kill-everything soldier solutions to be great protagonists since they have that internal conflict that allows them to grow. Riven and Ahri are also good candidates because they're the few champions Riot imagined that are incomplete.

Kai2max

01-10-2013

I'd have to say Riven, probably. Her lore leaves quite some room for growth in my opinion, and she does have her own personal goal, as mentioned in her lore.

Sharajat

01-10-2013

Riven, 100%. Best main character, no question.

- Dark and Tragic past
- Compelling personal drama
- Deep personal antagonistic relationship with the obvious villains
- Connection to the main plot line without being too driven by it (Jarvan IV obviously going to be driven too hard by demands of state to be everywhere)
- Great personality
- Solid design, both visually and from a lore perspective
- Personal AND global goals
- Ability to have meaningful interactions with the villains, since she would have known many personally.

Azmodeus

01-10-2013

Just throwing this out there, but what if it were more of a Dynasty Warriors approach? Main characters that intersect through various paths that tell their individual side of the story? Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Zaun campaign, or a Bandle City campaign?

Prince Kassad

01-10-2013

Ryze. He would be a Rogue-ish adventurer like Ali Baba or Gandalf and he would make a good protagonist.

Katarina and Tryndamere are too violent/unrelatable. Ashe seems too stuffy and boring, and Teemo is just annoying. Ezreal honestly is very "anime" which doesn't really represent the LoL universe accurately. The rest of the champs aren't visible enough in the marketing to be considered as possible "main characters" for the franchise.

Kunami Mata

01-12-2013

Katarina. She's all over every piece of promo art they have. I've always seen her as the unofficial mascot of the game.

If not her, then Ryze.

Borkcire

01-12-2013

Riven, Ryze, Kat and Ez are all good choices, but I think Wukong should be the protagonist.

He wants to become the best, he has the potential to become the best, he has a lot to learn and discover. And he wants to fight and best exotic and powerful people/creatures.

Riven is a second choice, with her quest of rediscovery and recovery, but she's still tied to Noxus somewhat. Kat is completely loyal to Noxus, Ryze has already finished his journey and now he spends his time in the Institute and Ezreal is too much of a ****.