Let's talk Head Cannon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Servbot 52

11-23-2013

Where there's lore there's speculation. And speculation breeds head cannon. We've all got some. Some little details about these characters that riot created. Or big details as the case might be. So I was wondering, what's your head cannon? Silly or serious, please share it with us.

Mine are as follows:

- Poppy knew Veigar before he was captured by Noxus, and viewed him as a big brother figure. She only learned of his fate after joining the league.

- Orianna and Amumu are friends.

- Rumble does have a slight crush on Tristana, but the name of his mech predates that and is purely a coincidence.

- Pantheon and Morgana occasionally have ruthless, and intense baking contests in which no mercy is shown.

- Vi kind of misses running from the cops and being a vigilante.

- Teemo is a psychopath.

- Jax is a time lord and Fiddlesticks is his Tardis.

- Ezreal, when asked questions has a tendency to give long, boring lectures on obscure historical events.

Roberick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2013

In my headcannon, Nasus writes poetry and recites it regularly at the Institue.

Gragas and Tryndamere get drunk as **** and involve themselves in various shenanigans, much to Ashe's chagrin.

Galio chills out with Shyvana on a rooftop every weekend.

Talon used to babysit Katarina and Cassiopeia.

Zed is actually Shen's father and the real Zed is dead.

Taric is above sexuality and gender and will bed anyone who is beautiful enough.

Brand the fire spirit was the world's response to Lissandra and the Watchers, but she defeated and imprisoned him.

Nocturne is an intergalactic policeman sent to stop the Summoners from ruling the world.

Servbot 52

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberick View Post
In my headcannon, Nasus writes poetry and recites it regularly at the Institue.
Quick question: bad or good poetry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberick View Post
Nocturne is an intergalactic policeman sent to stop the Summoners from ruling the world.
I like this one.

Overlord Forte

11-25-2013

Mordekaiser is actually the Ruined King.

Irelia is a newborn Lich, unintentionally created by Soraka during the Noxian Invasion.

Ionia's political courts are a battleground between two factions : Karma's traditionalists and Syndra's revolutionaries. The various schools and institutions vary between the two, or their own separate agendas.

Malzahar is scheming to be free of his Void enslavement, and ascending into a higher Voidborn state.

Riven's disillusionment with Noxus stems from her perceived straying of their warrior way - not necessarily whole sale killing.

The Frozen Watchers are actively aware of the Voidborn and pursue their own agenda to stop their return. The Iceborn empire was their means to this, but sabotage undid their work.

The Shadow Isles conspires to keep the world in a perpetually uneven peace, so that no one faction reigns supreme or annihilates the others. In this manner they can continue to siphon from the living and maintain their undead hierarchy undisturbed.

Similarly, Nocturne is a Shadow Isles agent created to kill Summoners who are upsetting the Isle's plans.

Nautilus' darkness ties into the abyssal creatures that threaten Nami's people.

Those are a few I have kicking around.

AceBlack

11-25-2013

The poros are actually the ancient heroes that drove the Watchers into the abyss. Their current form is Lissandra's curse.

Blitztrooper

11-25-2013

This is my complete BS head canon here:

The Void is both a different realm and a sentient being that created and actually protects Runeterra. It fears that the inhabitants of Valoran are becoming too powerful in magic, threatening both Runeterra and (selfish god here) the Void's own power. The Darkins were a race of Valoran that had previously been destroyed by the Void for becoming too strong in magic, and the five remaining Darkins have become the Void's minions entrusted with suppressing Valoran's growing control over magic. In return, they get some extra power and, well, assurance that they won't be killed. This would explain Aatrox siding with the Protectorate over the Magelords and why the Void seems intent on destroying Valoran.

Mordekaiser is a Darkin who has taken control of the Shadow Isles..

Brand is a Darkin with a bad case of amnesia, so he has the "Burn Runeterra" itch but still wonders why.

Jax is a Darkin who went rogue.

LeBlanc orchestrated the assassinations of both Marcus du Coteau and Boran Darkwill to allow her apprentice, Jericho Swain, to rise to power. But Swain himself is torn about du Coteau's death (briefly mentioned in LeBlanc's judgement that Swain sort of wanted du Coteau as an ally, so in my head, that hints at something further...no, not slash), which may lead to a rift within the Black Rose itself.

Elise and Shaco are both Black Rose agents. Elise is listed as a friend for LeBlanc, and my brain just wants to imagine Shaco as a non-insane badass, with (most...but not all) of his irrational behavior merely a cover for his job as a Black Rose assassin.

Riven killed Yasuo's master (hopping that bandwagon right nao) in a raid during the Noxian-Ionian War.

The Frozen Watchers were actually a powerful group of Freljord mages that had grown so powerful that they now truly threatened the Void, so the Void sent the fifth Darkin. The fifth Darkin convinced Avarosa to not join the Frozen Watchers and aided the rebel Iceborn against Lissandra and the Frozen Watchers, but it fell during the final battle at the Howling Abyss. The Darkin's name was lost due to Lissandra's distortions of history. His weapon, a cursed bow, was turned into a magical liquid, stored into a box, and thrown into the sea by the now-corrupted Frostguard tribe under Lissandra's orders. In the end, the box ended up in Ionia. Ionian mages were quick to realize its danger and poured it into a pit, building a sacred temple around it. And this is where Varus comes in. By absorbing the dark pool's energy, Varus is now a half-Darkin.

There's probably more brewing in my head, but that's all I'm willing to pour out. Don't want this thread turning into a toxic waste dump of my ****ty lore.

Roberick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servbot 52 View Post
Quick question: bad or good poetry?

I like this one.

Anything Nasus writes is good.

Trylobyte

11-26-2013

Random bits of 'headcanon' that I tend to think about, serious and silly.

- Beatrice, Swain's raven, is a Darkin and is helping Swain's rise to power in exchange for Swain doing her bidding with Noxus's army.

- Shyvana, having spent her whole life fighting and running, is an emotional trainwreck who can't express many feelings other than anger, loathing, and resentment towards almost everything except Jarvan and the Demacian high command. She might become good friends with Sejuani and Tryndamere someday.

- Jarvan IV, despite his reputation as being a calm and wise leader, is much more hot-tempered and hot-headed than his more battle-happy general Garen. He is, in many ways, still the same arrogant jerk he was before he 'changed,' he's just usually better at controlling it.

- Every year, at winter solstice, Morgana sends Kayle a box of cupcakes. There is nothing wrong with these cupcakes, and they're actually quite delicious. Kayle throws them away anyway suspecting they're poisoned. Morgana does this solely to troll her older sister.

- Caitlyn buys her cupcakes from Morgana. Morgana is also responsible for making the Total Biscuits of Rejuvenation and Poro Snax.

- Ashe and Sejuani are actually the reincarnations of Avarosa and Syrilda, and Lissandra finds it hilarious that they now hate each other.

- Riven doesn't feel guilty for any of the killing she did, but seeing the aftermath of Singed's attack has given her a rather bad case of PTSD that is starting to cause her mind to unravel.

- Malzahar, Viktor, and Lissandra are all keeping each other in check for the good of Runeterra without realizing it. A Void invasion would do little against Viktor's machines, whom they can't eat or assimilate. Viktor's machines could be shut down by Lissandra's ice magic and the Frozen Watchers. But the Frozen Watchers would lose a battle against the Void.

- Jayce and Viktor are a twist on the classic superhero story. Jayce, the superhero, is helping thwart villainy and keeping the people safe, but he's doing it for the entirely selfish reasons of fame, glory, and ego. Viktor, the supervillain, is committing crimes against property, men, and nature, but he's doing it for entirely selfless reasons and wants to help the people of Runeterra grow, evolve, and become better.

- There is going to be heartbreak in Amumu's future when Annie grows up and forgets about him as he stays the same 'age.' Poor little guy just can't catch a break.

- Veigar acts like a Saturday Morning cartoon villain because, to yordles, that actually IS the epitome of evil. He seems funny and amusing to humans and other races, but to yordles he really is the monster that he claims to be.

BLU Medic

11-26-2013

The only head-cannon I have is that Malzahar is Kog'Maw's stepfather and they spend weekends in the desert playing football.

Oh and that Veigar might possibly be pretending to be the utter monster he says he is, because he's hiding something from someone... I can't help it. He's so cute.

Servbot 52

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylobyte View Post
- Veigar acts like a Saturday Morning cartoon villain because, to yordles, that actually IS the epitome of evil. He seems funny and amusing to humans and other races, but to yordles he really is the monster that he claims to be.
That's an interesting idea.

oh, I got a new one after reading Mordekaiser's lore

- Amumu and Mordekaiser are the same kind of undead. Which I suppose would make Amumu "the master of bandages," and Mordekaiser "the pained zombie."