Riot should just drop the name League of Legends...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kiloampbanisher

06-26-2014

and rename Champions into Chracters... Because having Legends would imply an actual lore that would have make these champions legendary.

Skilliard

06-26-2014

I love how riot has grown signficantly as a company, yet the quality of their lore has actually declined despite this.

kiloampbanisher

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilliard View Post
I love how riot has grown signficantly as a company, yet the quality of their lore has actually declined despite this.
Not true.

You have to actually have a lore for the quality to change.

They don't even have lore anymore Skilliard... just music videos and wtf...

Ouroboro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2014

I don't get it Riot

Why is the game League of Legends when the League of Legends hasn't been mentioned in the lore for MONTHS

Just call it "Championsville" and be done with it

kiloampbanisher

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboro View Post
I don't get it Riot

Why is the game League of Legends when the League of Legends hasn't been mentioned in the lore for MONTHS

ADC role is like farmville anyways

IceHound

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloampbanisher View Post
ADC role is like farmville anyways
What about Nasus and Veigar?

The lore team claims to be focusing more on champion lore right now, however I have no idea what that's even suppose to mean considering champions will always be released commonly, unless they're rewriting a bunch of lore right now, it simply doesn't make sense, and somewhat gives me the cynical attitude that they're simply keeping us distracted as they brush the league away.

SecretLore

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboro View Post
I don't get it Riot

because it gets kinda stale if everything is just going to end with "and thats how the champ joined the league,the end"
the league is cool on its own,it is a neat justification for why we play the game and why it functions in this way,but in terms of lore it is kind of a moot-killer,it can't interact much with other champs or even the world around it,it needs to remain neutral as otherwise it can't function,but that means it can't do anything on its own,it can't start a plot and can hardly be involved in one either.

It was made to annihilate conflicts,but conflicts are the interesting stuff in a story,if you involve the league in a conflict it is probably going to end with "and then the league launched their super secret magic weapon and ended the conflict" or with "and the league said it was not their concern"

LordHippoman

06-27-2014

Sick Jukes and Hot Comboz: Also a league or whatever

PorkNasty

06-28-2014

Some of the champs have absolutely no reason to even be in the league. Gragas, for example, is wandering around looking for ingredients to create the perfect booze. If that's his main ambition, why is he in the league at all?? Isn't the league supposed to be an alternative to all out war between countries? I understand the champs that are there to represent a country or for revenge against another champ or the nutty ones like Shaco but some of em just don't seem to belong..

SecretLore

06-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkNasty View Post
Some of the champs have absolutely no reason to even be in the league. Gragas, for example, is wandering around looking for ingredients to create the perfect booze. If that's his main ambition, why is he in the league at all?? Isn't the league supposed to be an alternative to all out war between countries? I understand the champs that are there to represent a country or for revenge against another champ or the nutty ones like Shaco but some of em just don't seem to belong..
its actually easy to find justifications for champs to be in the league
gragas is an ally of the avarosans,he might fight to represent them,also he gets money and information from the league which may help him to find ways to make even better drinks.