2100 Bottom Lane Analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nysyli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Thread is over, I'll make a new one when I'm happy with lolreplay / riots replay system is released. If you still want analysis, or personal chat, send me an email @ nysyli@gmail.com

***Post Replays in Spectator Mode***

Hi I'm Nysyli a 2100 support (s2 & s3) currently known as I Love Nickwu.

There are a lot of nuances in the bottom lane that cause a lot of strife when there is a miscommunication on how a particular engagement should be played, and I'd like to help the community recognize what exactly is happening and where the mistakes are being made, as well as the good plays.

You can help me out by leaving a replay link in this thread at http://www.leaguereplays.com/ as well as giving me the information as to the Elo the replay is being played at, what exactly you'd like to take away from my cast, and if there are any teamfights after the laning phase, give me a specific time and I'll cover what went on in the teamfight and where that could have improved. For the most part, I'm only going to be focusing on the laning phase in the actual bottom lane.

If you'd like to contribute but aren't posting a replay, please tell me what I've done well, what I can improve on in the casts, and any thoughts that I didn't articulate to a level of your satisfation so that I can go back and expand on them for you.

I'll edit this post as the replays happen, and it's likely you're going to see a lot of the same material covered from video to video.

Thanks for the support,
~Nysyli

Update: Not every replay is being posted to youtube anymore, feel free to check my highlights page because every replay will get saved there - http://www.twitch.tv/nysyli/videos

Videos:

Reflection / thought process of a diamond player : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all

Casted submitted replay : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all

If you want an introduction to what I'm doing, start here :

http://youtu.be/9jMmEcINCfc (2k elo Varus, bottom lane overview zero editting)
http://youtu.be/uZnmTpqhkA0 (Self analysis)
http://youtu.be/IDsibxMhBzM (This highlights how I want to interact with what you learn in a submitted replay)

Ai shi teru

01-06-2013

GAY lGN

Nysyli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
GAY lGN
o. At least it's not everlasting.

Sad Strawberries

01-06-2013

I don't have a replay but I do have a question for you about a situation, currently 1200 elo, highest I've been is 1360ish.

When I'm playing ADC and we get a good hold on our opponents or are winning the lane, I usually try and take the tower as early as possible and then try and put pressure on mid and either drop that tower or secure dragon control.

My question is two fold.

1. Is this the right mindset (Most of the time)?

2. Is there ever a situation where it is better to pressure and keep pushing (with ward coverage obviously) and begin work on the second turret?

I've seen this happen occasionally with top lane but almost never with bottom lane. I'm just curious on your thoughts on the matter. Thanks for your time.

shadowshifte

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Strawberries View Post
I don't have a replay but I do have a question for you about a situation, currently 1200 elo, highest I've been is 1360ish.

When I'm playing ADC and we get a good hold on our opponents or are winning the lane, I usually try and take the tower as early as possible and then try and put pressure on mid and either drop that tower or secure dragon control.

My question is two fold.

2. Is there ever a situation where it is better to pressure and keep pushing (with ward coverage obviously) and begin work on the second turret?

I've seen this happen occasionally with top lane but almost never with bottom lane. I'm just curious on your thoughts on the matter. Thanks for your time.
sometimes you take option 3 leave the tower up and force them to lose a lot of cs. if you take the tower you let them farm back up so if the opponents team has high wave clear be careful of taking it because while you attempt to take mid their bot farms back to equal.

Nysyli

01-06-2013

Quote:
My question is two fold.

1) League of Legends is extremely dynamic in that you can't make a statement about something without the exact replay to look at. Taking an early tower is extremely beneficial if it's top or mid, as they can continue to lane when those towers die. If you take the bottom tower, you're going to continually dance between middle and bottom lane trying to get something done unless bottom freezes.

Ideally, if you've taken bottom tower your jungler loops behind mid and dives while both people from bottom lane and the mid laner is there as you'll create an environment you're definitely going to get a kill and possibly a tower in.

However, if you haven't completed a BF item, IE, Bloodthirster, before knocking down the bottom tower, you're going to hurt on farm the entire game. The two ideal ways to play once you've knocked bottom tower down is freeze on your side of the lane so that you can continue laning and giving them a disadvantage (this isn't going to snowball, only maintain a lead) or, shove the enemy creepline, when it's pushing, walk to middle and apply pressure until the enemy carry decides to push back instead of freezing, as you don't want to lose your tower too. If they freeze, you perma pressure mid.

2) If you see their jungler and middle top you can continue to pressure while you're safe, but generally you need to knock down middle tower and initiate the group stage of the game once your tower has died.

Rabool

01-06-2013

This is such an awesome idea, i have many replays flagged in my folder and cannot wait to contribute.

Nysyli

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabool View Post
This is such an awesome idea, i have many replays flagged in my folder and cannot wait to contribute.
Any replay to give me something to do right now would be great. Just make sure your priority is bottom lane.

Sad Strawberries

01-06-2013

Ok, so lane as much as possible. Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.

Nysyli

01-06-2013

Quote:
Ok, so lane as much as possible. Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.
Laning is only going to maintain advantages, leaving the lane can create them. It's dynamic and is going to be a game by game basis.