A somewhat bad trend in the community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieSmack View Post
ad-hears
Rofl...

Other than that, +1 to the post.

Delete Teemo

01-06-2013

if you firstpick mid, you get countered. Let lastpick go mid so he can counterif you really want to win mid so

ZapatillaLoca

01-06-2013

the only lane i ever call is the "where ever" lane..nobody every fights me for it..

Nesious

01-06-2013

If this was a perfect world, the team would be a cohesive system of picking and counter picking and giving everyone the job they deem would be the best for the team as a whole.

But, we are humans, so everyone is selfish and will pick for themselves and only themselves and really doesn't give a single care about what their team does as long as no one feeds, but even that doesn't matter because even if he/she themselves feed, its always someone elses fault, namely the jungler. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect). There are some who actually care about the team and want the game to be fun and enjoyable while being strategic, but lets be honest now, its solo que, and you rarely will get a team of like minded players.
Efforts to help things like calling in champion select are all flawed and the truth is that the current system is the best because of any other system brought up to date there has been significantly more major flaws in said system then the current system, so a flawed system is all the game and truly have because at the end of the day, there are 10 sentient beings in each match, and those cannot be predicted or ordered around by some algorithm to do what is expected of them, and conflicts arise, the system can never be truly perfect, but its going to be as good as it is going to get until someone can find a better way to do this (all threads about position ques and the like are significantly more flawed then the current).

Now actually on to the thread. Some people, many people, okay most gamers, are immature and unfair behind their online personnas are because of this and the fact that they are humans, they will naturally try to find the way that benefits them the most or the simplest way, in this case calling positions is a way of telling your team "this is mine and if you take it all hell will break loose and i will troll you till the end of this game and it is completely justified." to them. Of course this is not correct, but that is a human mentality of someone who doesn't really care about anyone but himself in terms of other players on a video game, which is unfortunately most of the player base of most games. There will never be e fix because people are dumb and rules are meant to be broken to them, some kind of system could be in place where you have a 5 button screen that details each job, but that confines people to the meta, and they will consequently have to be reported if they don't follow the meta because they aren't using the system as intended. This is not a logical way to fix the problem, and simply telling the players won't fix it either, because not all players will read up on it, and much less will actually give a care about it because at the end of the day, a suspension or ban because of such a small thing would just lower Riot's reputation down and down and destroy the company. This is something that the playerbase has to do by themselves, and making a well constructed thread that maybe gets announced by riot will hopefully fix this issue, that being said, not all players will read it, though most will, and players not following this through ignorance or not caring will get flamed, and so will riot for putting on such a huge "restriction" for the players. The player base must be told, and to do so there needs to be a clear message with no vague answers sent to all th players, maybe upon entering their game client, on this issue. But, even then, people are immature, they feel privileged, so if someone calls mid and doesn't get it, and then the mid feeds, the guy who wanted mid feels justified to hate the system and flame this player into doing even worse.
Basically, there is something that can never be fixed, and that is the idiocy of humans, we, as a race, are inherently flawed, and because of this, we make stupid decisions and give other people problems as well. We cannot be fixed, and at the end of the day, its is neigh impossible to create a system that can keep the players free while showing them this simple fact that calling doesn't mean anything, because even if it won't, they will blame their loses on the fact they didn't get what they wanted.

We can't fix humans, we can make a system better and not as clunky, but the true fixing of player behavior and problems created by players beyond hacking or breaking the system itself is up to the players, while the company can create, often vague, guidelines, the playerbase must mature and be able to come together and improve upon themselves, and until this happens, this problem can't be fixed.

Cloudpost

01-07-2013

Shouldn't mid pick near last and not first? Why would you pick mid if you are in front of someone in the pick order who also wants to play mid? Just suck it up and play something else.

The 1011

01-07-2013

Some of the reasoning I vouch for a Captain like team pick for solo ranked queue.
also this is the same stupidity of the concept with this is my cs.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432

Shirtl0l

01-07-2013

i think being able to queue for a specific role is a good idea +1.

like tanks in WoW, supports would probably have instant pops.

but the people queuing for the more popular roles don't seem to mind the extra wait time at all, it works out for everyone.

Sexy Nick FTW

01-07-2013

So your calling other people ignorant because they believe in a different way of sorting out who should play what roles

Young Zukry

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodeka View Post
I think players should have a title beneath their name, stating which position they most want to play. This could be used for matchmaking improvements with a toggle option, set to off by default.
This would actually be a pretty good idea. Why is it downvoted? It would solve a lot of hassle, yelling, and first pick nonsense.

mdiaz28

01-07-2013

Well first pic should be able to pick what champion they want, maybe if they want mid or top let them if your last but trade champions so they don't get countered, and just know when your first you'll be able to as well. If we start trend of doing this, it'll catch on

Or if someone calls something, say hey that's not really how it works but I'll let you keep it this time but when your in your next game pass this on and don't call.

Also there's threads and threads of why role queing doesn't work, so read one if those to whoever commented that but i do like the idea of it maybe saying not your preference but what is you're best two roles you do under you're picture, but this will have no barring on how you will be matched, just an easy tool in solo que to see firsthand what people like and can facilitate conversation. Like, oh i see you also prefer mid but you can see i also prefer it, since i have prefer that and I'm first pick how bout i get that role and you pick your second, and the team accommodates itself verbally like that,