(January 2012 MCCC) [Genesis, The Harbinger of Evolution]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still Eternity

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondreus View Post
It's "Zaun", not "Zuan"...
Thanks for that. Changed.

Still Eternity

01-19-2013

Bump!

Void22

01-19-2013

Interesting. Very interesting. I like his lore,gives him a solid connection to Viktor and is a pretty good read.

His Q seems to be a fine idea conceptually but, the stacking on the omega upgrade is really too much. You might want to tone it down a bit.

His W is a fair defensive ability; all seems fine there.

His E seems fine but, I don't really see how this fits in with his kit.

R is a solid ability; I like it. Heck, I like anything with Gravitational Singularity in it's name.

All in all a pretty good champ, just needs a few tweaks. Also if you could find the time to look at my champion and tell me what you think I would be grateful. Good luck in the contest.http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=cambio

Still Eternity

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void22 View Post
Interesting. Very interesting. I like his lore,gives him a solid connection to Viktor and is a pretty good read.

His Q seems to be a fine idea conceptually but, the stacking on the omega upgrade is really too much. You might want to tone it down a bit.

His W is a fair defensive ability; all seems fine there.

His E seems fine but, I don't really see how this fits in with his kit.

R is a solid ability; I like it. Heck, I like anything with Gravitational Singularity in it's name.

All in all a pretty good champ, just needs a few tweaks. Also if you could find the time to look at my champion and tell me what you think I would be grateful. Good luck in the contest.http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=cambio
Thanks for the review!

Lore: It used to be a bit different, but I read these great tips by Moby the White that made me totally rethink my process. I have him to thank for opening my eyes a bit on how to make a good lore. I'm glad you think it's interesting!

Q: It does have high scaling, but only because it's his main attack and only real ranged attack. The rest of his abilities don't scale very well for a typical AP build, so this is to at least make him a threat. Besides, it's also skillshot and only hits a single target; think Ezreal Mystic Shot.

The last two points are these; if He's invested into the Omega Upgrade for Q, the player deserves to have a powerful skill; using your upgrade here means you're intending on a damage build, and will lose the opportunity to upgrade something else to Omega. The way it works is you can have 2 Abilities Omega, 2 Beta, OR 3 Omega Abilities and one Alpha, (The base ability). A lot of juicy upgrades are all on the Beta Upgrades, however, so there's a lost of risk and reward to choose from. The second thing is unless he has near-max CDR, he won't get much of the 10% Damage increase on his Q. He uses it, it lasts for five seconds, but the cooldown on his Q is 8 at max rank. So he won't get off any bonus damage himself unless he's in melee range, where the rest of his abilities take effect. I made it mostly because I wanted to give him more utility for his intended role; AP-Bruiser-Tank. This is so that while he won't get use out of it, his team will. Maybe it could use some adjusting, but keep in mind this is all speculative anyway; only with Real Playtesting can you actually get a true grasp of numbers.

W: Glad you find this skill pretty decent. It was a lot stronger, if you read the changelog, but I feel like I did pretty good in lowering it's overall power.

E: The use of this ability is a Gap Closer. You want Genesis up in the frontlines, and this is the skill that will get him there. It acts as a useful CC he can use should he reach the target, so he has more team utility. This is one of his most important abilities for a typical Genesis game, because it's his main initiate move.

R: I like the name too xD. I honestly had a lot of fun making upgrade names for all the abilities.

Thanks again for the review, I'll check out your champion and give you my thoughts within a day or two.

Still Eternity

01-20-2013

Bump!

Still Eternity

01-23-2013

Bump

Still Eternity

01-25-2013

Bump!

Still Eternity

01-26-2013

Bump!

Moby the White

01-29-2013

ur making me work harder than I have to in order to judge you. Quote boxes look great and all but when you are doing a contest and are submitting it you should also post a plain text so that it is easier to copy

Imperium Omnium

01-30-2013

Pretty cool but if there was a possibility of making him a hybrid kinda like Jax so that Jungling would be possible (or at the very least effective) and it would make much more sense to have a Viktor with him. How sick would that be? Top Genesis Viktor Mid and Blitzcrank support? Hell ya. Also I'm not sure how to make him melee though dropping range would make his kit look odd at best but if you've gotten this far I hope you could think about that (besides there aren't that many effective hybrids besides Jax (Akali and Katarina don't count) so it would make sense to throw in another hybrid. If through some miracle Riot goes with this (I hope so) they should have mirroring(ish) skins. Good Job.