Does playing Co-Op make you better at PvP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzraTwitch

01-10-2013

Quite the opposite actually.

Emboldened

01-11-2013

About the only thing bots have in their favor is they don't flame you for trying something unconventional or for learning a new champ.

Uncanny Doom

01-11-2013

Playing against bots can create bad habits and you need to experience playing against actual players to get truly better at PvP. Playing co-op vs ai is okay if you wanna kill time or get familiar with a champion but there isn't anything that would really help for PvP.

XxPoN3DxX

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiebee View Post
Just like the title says, will playing Co-Op make you better at PvP? Or are they to different? thank you in advanced.
NO!!! the bots are nothing like playing people. they dont gank, they dont jungle. you play a bot match to practice cs and to learn a new champ. not for practice. most people use pvp normal for practice for high ranked pvp

XxPoN3DxX

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raurik View Post
Yes I made this horrible, terrible mistake as well. I figured level up against bots, make ip, get champs,.etc. now I'm 30 with 9 wins in pvp against people with 300+ go pvp as soon as u can. Trust me. I'm thinking of making a new account just so I can learn with lower lvl people. I haven't lost many matches but I know I'm dragging my team down.

The skillsets are just so different. Play bots to get first win bonus then go pvp. Otherwise you're just training yourself to beat bots. And that's a deadend.
this is a bad idea, you want to play with the highest lvl players you can play with to learn to be better. in most cases i try to play with people +200 elo from me if i can.

Rooster DWSF

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiebee View Post
Just like the title says, will playing Co-Op make you better at PvP? Or are they to different? thank you in advanced.

Co-Op can help you learn the player. I usually test out a character in a match that I create with pure bots. Once I feel I can play the character I just quit the game since after all I did create a bot only game.this way I don't have to worry about my team mates the game just ends since it's bots. Oh and you can try and purely play Co-Op for a while and then try PVP. I tell you what happened with me, I did Co-Op for a while then went PVP and its way way way different. Like someone said above(I forget the name sorry) the players are more aggressive and they will chase you as far as they want to kill you. Bots just will never do that nor will they gank. I usually just stick with PVP I know about 11 characters and I won't be learning any knew ones for a while.

Fate000

01-11-2013

Bots do gank and they do chase. They don't turret dive though.
Their AI is surprisingly advanced on Intermediate. They coordinate flawlessly too. On the other hand they are not good at playing defensively and will not turret hug if you're dominating them.
Speaking of Domination they focus smartly: buy a Mejai and, as in PvP, expect 5-man ganks all the time.

Bot games are really useful to practice lasthitting, a useful skill, and to learn a new champion. I like testing builds on PvE too.

Raurik

01-11-2013

I made a new account and went to pvp. I actually enjoyed the game. I was playing with people that are as bad at it as I am. I wasn't immediately destroyed for every mistake.

Playing as a new pvper at 30 is not fun. I did not learn anything going 0/20/2. I feel like this new account is letting me learn at the level I'm at. It's one thing to play against a player +200 elo. It's another to be automatically facerolled and flamed by teammates. At lower level the people seem to be more forgiving about being new. At 30 they are not.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raurik View Post
I made a new account and went to pvp. I actually enjoyed the game. I was playing with people that are as bad at it as I am. I wasn't immediately destroyed for every mistake.

Playing as a new pvper at 30 is not fun. I did not learn anything going 0/20/2. I feel like this new account is letting me learn at the level I'm at. It's one thing to play against a player +200 elo. It's another to be automatically facerolled and flamed by teammates. At lower level the people seem to be more forgiving about being new. At 30 they are not.
Match making matches you with even people of your skill. so after about 10 games of getting crushed 0/20 scores(takes a few loss's and/or wins for it to determine where your skill level is so it can set you in even matches), you'd eventually win half your games again cause match making is trying to set your odds of winning at 50 percent. so eventually you'd win half your games regardless of how bad you are at the game. the only difference is you'd be low elo(hidden or shown depending on queue). forexample pro's facing pro's would statistically win half their games, people as good as an afk facing people as good as an afk means you win half your games.

a1sock

01-11-2013

its a great way to practice fundamentals such as last hitting, holding and freezing lanes, basic trading-minion aggro and such, different ways to coordinate basic plays, etc. bots however will have you only experienced against sub par opponents, who will not communicate or create intricate plays to catch you off guard. I switched over from bots to pvp, I was getting 10-35 kills and a few deaths in almost all roles, then went into pvp and I couldnt cs without getting punished for it, my all in offensives could be turned against me, and i generally always went negative without contributing much.