I love melee damage but I dunno who to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treget

01-11-2013

I am currently playing as Master Yi but based on research I guess that's wrong. I am looking for a new character to play. I do not like jungeling, I like battles with other champions and I like to push the fight and attack. I am looking for help on who to play, assassians appeal to me but I dunno about their viability. Please help me!

MadTenuki

01-11-2013

Jax is one of the better low cost ones. You should also try Xin and Wukong during free weeks. Renekton fits and is free this week but he's kind of fallen out of favor (I'm not sure why, I never played him).

LordVaktus

01-11-2013

Nasus, Garen, Jax, and Darius are one of my favorite melees, very fun and easy to play.

a1sock

01-11-2013

I like master yi and also like jax, riven, darius, and others. They can put out a ton of damage, are great brawlers and have some form of sticking mechanism. If you have issues with being kited, try nidalee, jayce, or yorick top. They can do great things as a melee top but also have good poke.

Fate000

01-11-2013

Katarina, Talon, and Kha'zix are more expensive options that are nevertheless great. They are melee assassins, so you'll be doing a lot of battles with other champions (okay, you're going to farm the other champions like you farm minions) with lots of burst damage.

Jason411

01-11-2013

I've never played Garen. But I know when the other team builds him "properly"(or as properly as Lv8s can) I fear him. I'd definitely say check him out.

Rooster DWSF

01-11-2013

Yi is fun to play he has high damage when you buy the right gear. Farm minions to get the money. I usually stick with the recommended items and I do pretty well it tells you what his recommended items are at the starting point. Also I played as amumu he is more of a tank but he can deal decent damage. I haven't played many other melee champs I am more of a ranged kinda guy. I use Ashe, Annie, Ryze, Sivir mainly but I do use Amumu and Yi when I get the urge to use them. Taric is okay he is more support but if you farm minions he can get pretty good toward higher levels plus his heal makes him nearly invincible unless you go up against a high powered jax or someone else.

Agent Matchbox

01-11-2013

Renekton can be a really powerful solo-top. With the Tiamat and lots of AD, his minion clearance speed is insanely fast, so that you can either create a push or hold one.

Rooster DWSF

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Matchbox View Post
Renekton can be a really powerful solo-top. With the Tiamat and lots of AD, his minion clearance speed is insanely fast, so that you can either create a push or hold one.

Yeah he is a good one too. I don't have him but I want him because when I go up against him it is always a tough fight.

Jason411

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Is Bad View Post
Yeah he is a good one too. I don't have him but I want him because when I go up against him it is always a tough fight.
I haven't paid much attention to the free champs because I've been playing Evelynn. But I believe he's free this week ;P