Ribbons means they you are pro?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordVaktus

01-11-2013

I tend to face people with ribbons and the ribbons really made them intimidating.

Fate000

01-11-2013

The ribbons mean positive players.
In order of most common to rarest
>Red Ribbon -- Honourable Opponent
>Green Ribbon -- Great Teammate
>Blue Ribbon -- Great Mentor
>Yellow Ribbon -- Great Leader.

If you have more then one ribbon, the rarest will show.

These ribbons are awarded through honour. Specifically, you need to get honoured constantly over a large number of games to receive a ribbon.

FaceRoll13

01-11-2013

Nope. I had the Mentor ribbon at one point, and I only ever play bots.

xCust0m

01-11-2013

It isn't so intimidating when you earn one yourself. I think around 40 is enough to get a red one.

Lil Cuddles

01-11-2013

Honestly (red especially), it just means they have played a lot of games most likely... having a badge doesn't mean someone is good. Green and up on the other hand means they probably are going to be decent (still not always the case). So don't be scared and keep playing you'll get one before you know it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCust0m View Post
It isn't so intimidating when you earn one yourself. I think around 40 is enough to get a red one.
The more you play, the more you need. You don't get the ribbons just by getting honored X times.

Kanon Azai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
The more you play, the more you need. You don't get the ribbons just by getting honored X times.
Yea, theres some serious math worked into the honor system. But I wouldn't be intimidated by someone who has a ribbon. I supposed they're more rare at lower levels, so it could just mean the person does well often... but even then it just means they've been honored. I know amazing players who dont have them, and players lacking in some areas with them.