need help learning to last hit...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealMouse

01-06-2013

so as the title suggests..i need help learning to last hit...i have been watching streams for the past few days and i have come to the realization that last hitting is 90% of the game most of the time. so i ask you good players, what champ is easiest to learn to last hit with? and which one is "best" for last hitting? thank you for your kind responses.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-06-2013

Once you get the core of last hitting down, you can do it with any champ. The key to last hitting is simply knowing your champion. Learn the ins and outs of your champs basic attack. Some champions have a large wind-up (i.e. Nautilus) whereas some champions attack almost instantly (i.e. Jarvan IV). Ranged champions also have varying rates of basic attack travel speed. For example, Caitlyn's bullets travel very quickly, but Annie's basic attacks travel rather slowly. Knowing this and getting the feel and rhythm for your champ is the best way to auto-attack.

Another trick is to left-click your target. You will see the target's HP in the upper left corner. When the HP gets below your AD (first value in the bottom left), it is good to autoattack. Of course, you still have to compensate for the time it takes your champion to basic attack. Timing comes with practice. Try practicing in a custom game by yourself. It will help you tremendously.

Hope I helped.

RealMouse

01-06-2013

you helped indeed, ty

Reyreyspeak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-06-2013

As for "Best" with last hitting, Vlad, Morde and champs with free AoE spams are pretty good at farming usually, but I wouldnt play a champ just because they can last hit well, unless you enjoy playing them. I can hit 200+ creeps in 20 min on Vi, using her E's correctly. But as stated above, you have to know your champs. Often time's ill see people going back with full mana. If you dont plan on popping all ur mana harassing, use it to last hit better.(But save some in the case a fight breaks out or for escapes) For example jax's W resets auto attacks in the case you do miss, or it deals extra damage to last hit better under a turrent. You just have to focus and know pretty much exactly how much damage you deal, and try and hit it right when that damage will get the last hit. Hope I helped!

ShadowLegend454

01-06-2013

Use the tips whisker said and after that you just have to practice and time your attacks right.

alaskaneagle

01-06-2013

Some of the things I've done to get better at last hitting are; make a game with no players or bots trying to not push the lane while getting all the minis in the waves, make a bot game with bots trying to use auto atks for farm and spells for harass without ever trying to force the bot out of lane, also trying to 2v1 a lane against bots and maintaining your cs, You can also have a friend or two in a custom game lane against you.

After all that you should be last hitting easily. Remember the goal of each bit of training is to not miss more than 1 in each wave and seriously trying to get them all.

Last hitting is the most important skill you can learn for the game.

Dark Nephthys

01-06-2013

Do a custom game against bots (or a friend) and have it 1v1. Go to a lane that your Bot or friend is not and practice last hitting on the minions of that lane. It's way easier with a friend since you can ask them to not go to your lane and you both can practice last hitting...While a bot will eventually attack you after so long which can really be annoying.

But again if your friends are not on, then a 1v1 against a bot will work just as well. When the bot starts coming to the lane your at then just teleport to an empty lane and practice more. When you feel confident or done practicing you could just leave the custom game and not have to worry about getting reported for it.

RealMouse

01-06-2013

been looking at guides and videos that have been sent to me, ty all, now for my last question (for a while anyway) jarvan or pantheon which one to get first?