Runic Bulwark on everyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hahutzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

So, auras stack once: for the Owner aura, and then nearby aura.

That means that for 3200 gold, you're getting:

20 armor
400 hp
30 MR

aura #1 :
10 armor
30 MR
10 hp5

aura #2 :
10 armor
30 MR
10 hp5

Total:
50 armor
90 MR (!)
400 hp
20 hp5

That's all from 1 item slot. What's the reason to not build Runic Bulwark on every single champ in a team?

Cinchspark

01-06-2013

if I don't get, say, void staff, liandry, or rylai on my AP mid, my damage suffers. Bad for ppl like Leblanc, Orianna, or TF.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

It's 40 armor, not 50. But you're actually not getting all that for 3200 gold. If I'm an ADC and my support has Runic Bulwark, then I get 10 armor, 30 MR, and 10 HP5 for 0 gold. And it doesn't cost me an item slot.

Why should I spend 3200 gold and an item slot just to get the other 40 armor, 60 MR, 400 HP and 10 HP5? If it were good to build these stats on an ADC, then why don't ADC champions build any of these stats (other than HP in Trinity Force on some ADC champs)?

So I'm definitely not building it on an ADC or an AP mid.

And sure, I'll build it on a support or a jungle...but not if someone else on my team already has it. Why? Because there are other aura items. If I'm support and my jungle already has a Runic Bulwark, I'll opt for Shurelya's Reverie or Randuins Omen, or Zeke's Herald instead.

Why? Because my ADC can't get the Runic Bulwark aura twice unless he's one of the champions carrying Runic Bulwark. He can, however, get the benefit from the Runic Bulwark my jungler is carrying as well as the benefit from the Zeke's Herald I'm carrying around.

Directw

01-06-2013

it's unique passive, which means it does not stack.

ViashinoWizard

01-06-2013

I will pretty much always get Bulwark on a tank hero if I want MR, especially if I'm a jungle tank in which case I've probably got Spirit of the Ancient Golem with Swifties instead of Mercs.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directw View Post
it's unique passive, which means it does not stack.
It doesn't stack, which means that if your jungle and support both have it, then the ADC only gets the aura one time.

The information in the original post is accurate in so much as if I OWN a Runic Bulwark I get all of the benefits (including the aura), but if my teammate also has a Runic Bulwark, I can get the benefits from his aura as well. But I could NOT get the benefits from a second player as well.

You get ALL the benefits of your own items no matter what, but you also get all the auras from teammates once (and only once).

Elchulus

01-06-2013

One runic bulwark gives the entire team the aura.

To get the aura a second time for the entire team, you need 4 more bulwarks.

That's why.

Directw

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It doesn't stack, which means that if your jungle and support both have it, then the ADC only gets the aura one time.

The information in the original post is accurate in so much as if I OWN a Runic Bulwark I get all of the benefits (including the aura), but if my teammate also has a Runic Bulwark, I can get the benefits from his aura as well. But I could NOT get the benefits from a second player as well.

You get ALL the benefits of your own items no matter what, but you also get all the auras from teammates once (and only once).
I understand what you are sayinig.

This is the item description I copied from item list(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/items), and please take notice on the bolded words.

+400 Health +20 Armor +30 Magic Resist UNIQUE Aura - Legion: Nearby allies gain 10 Armor, 30 Magic Resist and 10 Health Regen per 5.
(Unique Auras with the same name don't stack.)

I assume the aura also works for the item carrier himself, right? that's why we have this argument here

Let's say both player A and player B have the item, and Player C doesn't. C won't get both aura from both A and B. I understand this.

However, what I was saying is that A won't get the aura from B and B won't get the aura from A. I assume this is what the original post was asking, right?

At least that's what I understand from the item description saying. Because if A got runic, A would get the aura for himself already. Hence, the same aura from B shouldn't work on A. Because if it does, it would stack on A's aura, and the item description clearly says it wouldn't.

Of course, that's just my theory and I don't have the chance to test it in games.

If it really does stack once, it would be better for the team as tanks and supports would be that tougher to kill.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-06-2013

It definitely stacked in season 2 (despite very similar wording). I haven't actually tested it in season 3, however.

Directw

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It definitely stacked in season 2 (despite very similar wording). I haven't actually tested it in season 3, however.
Now you mention it, I do remember the auras do stack once in S2.

Perhaps someone would test this out, or we can wait Riot to reply this post ^_^