Editing skill shots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankyTev

01-06-2013

I was playing at my friend's place the other day during a LAN party and his skill shots work differently from mine. I noticed they work like flash does; Press the skill and the skill shots go towards where the cursor is.

If you still don't understand: Shen's taunt requires that you press E, point the blue arrow and click the direction you want him to taunt in. The way they had it mapped, I simply had to move my cursor to where I wanted Shen to taunt and he would taunt in that direction.

Also, how do I make it so that once a skill goes off, my champion continues in the direction I tell them to go? For example, say I'm Zed and I'm running away from someone, and all I want to do is throw a shuriken at them while they're chasing me but I don't want to stop, Q, then reclick my destination. My friend managed to get it to where I can click somewhere on the minimap and spam skillshots on the way there without getting my champ to stop or change direction, even if it's a skill shot like shen's taunt where he would go in a completely different direction.

Help or any other tips and tricks that I can do to LoL to make it easier would help too! Thanks!

EDIT: I just saw the "If you're not new.." sticky. I'd much prefer not to get banned so if a moderator would be so kind as to move this thread instead of banning me right away, I'd much appreciate it!

FarSideX

01-06-2013

You can customize your keys in game by pressing 'esc'. I am fairly new too but I believe it is called smartcasting. Just map the keys anyway you like.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-06-2013

um this thread is helping new players so you wouldn't get banned. plus this forum section is mainly for learning, you can played for a long time, but still be new at heart when it comes to certain things. in general discussion people might be less helpful. so don't be so scurred.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-06-2013

The sticky is basically Wil Wheaton's law in less blunt terms; it's not there to have 'gotcha' moments with those who are borderline or simply seeking information.

Someone earlier mentioned that not needing to click is the option called 'smartcasting,' I'd play with that in a custom game.

As for the other part, if I understand you correctly, I believe it works as follows:
- If you are moving and can cast said ability from where you are standing, it won't interrupt your move-path.
- If you are moving and cannot cast said ability from where are you are standing, you instead move to where you can cast said ability.

Rav Abaddon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Smartcasting is when you use the ability instantly without needing to click. That's definitely what he was using; that's in the keybinding options.

As for whether or not an ability cancels your current action, that's completely up to the abilities in question, I think. I don't really know which ones do which, since I just keep clicking frantically like a spastic regardless due to the fact that I really can't wait to find out.