So I switched from Dota to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cryptophonix

04-23-2013

Being somewhat a veteran player at Dota and Dota 2, Im giving lol a try as many of my friends are playing it

So what im looking for is champions that are similar in gameplay/skills/mechanics as dota heroes (not appearances)

So far I'm getting the idea that ashe is pretty much a clone of drow and caitlyn is a super nerfed version of sniper

But I dont play carries much, I usually play strength in dota and I guess thats somewhat like off tanks in lol? any suggestions?

Fate000

04-23-2013

Strength is... a pretty varied category. What heroes, specifically, do you like?

Strength has heroes like Tiny, who is a super tanky caster, to the hard carry Lifestealer, to gankers like Night Stalker... None of these heroes play even remotely the same, so I can't really suggest champions based on "strength-like".

Eniolas

04-23-2013

there are bread and butter champions for each role: Darius/Garen for Brawler top, Annie/Ryze for the AP Casters, Ashe/Miss fortune for ADC, and Sona/Taric for supports, Warwick/Hecarim for jungle. try these champions out and branch out from there. they're the simplest champions to play and be effected at. given your preference in Dota, try Darius or Garen.

Edit: Ryze isn't an AP caster, he's built off of mana, but he's still played mid, tho i've seen him top too.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

Its really hard to find similar hero between the 2 games. In LoL, I feel they is a lot less CC. You can babysit way better in Dota then in LoL.

As for Str hero, I would start by checking the jungler and/or top champions (check lolking champion list with the Meta lane they are in).

Gasketz

04-23-2013

Hey man, I'm a long time player of DotA, HoN, and recently Dota 2/LoL. When I first tried LoL, I played Morgana, since she was f2p. She was fun. Right now, my line up of heroes to play is Poppy, Annie, Garen and Ryze. As for your, "I like Strength heroes" from DotA, I would suggest playing Garen or Poppy. Garen has a distinct....swiftblade meets legonnaire...wait...that's HoN. DotA would be....juggernaut meets axe. But yeah, I have to say LoL is growing on me. I just don't like how you have to buy everything -.-'' but they gotta make money somehow.

lolloophole

04-23-2013

Don't really have to buy everything.. just play alot.... skins is the only thing u can't play to get .... which i'll admit is a bummer with annie... hehe but completely understand this is a company... and a good one at that...played enough ea games to respect the people that run this place

Lt Scout

04-23-2013

So basically for those who do not know 'dota mechanics' you want a solid right click damage hero, a stun/slow of some kind, and a decent passive to match?

If you like playing strength heroes, try Cho Gath. If you really like cheap/annoying strength heroes (DAMN YOU LYCAAAN!) then try out Tryndamere (wouldn't waste my time if I were you though). I guess you could try Rumble, I've never played him but some people I know say he plays like a Dota Hero. The hero in League I've found to be most like a dota hero is actually Vi, since she has good chase skills, a useful ult, great Q & E (her E gives great auto attack chain damage with her W) and the potential to be either really tanky or a semi tank carry.

Hope that helps, from one Hero to another . If you want, shoot me an add sometime and we can play.