Leona shouldn't have been designed as a support champion. We need to fix her passive.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revelationz

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
Any hints?
Gonna be a raptor with a lazor gun riding a shark. Probz.

KoalaWala

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell99 View Post
I mean, come on, Leona's design dosen't point at "Support".

You get this chick with a huge shield and sword, covered in gold. Anybody looking at her, that doesn't know who she is, will immediately think of her as a bruiser.

She is also covered in golden armor, which makes her look like she has Gold. But ironically, as a bot lane support, she has the most gold-starved role in the game!

But why is she a support? Because her passive screams to put her in a duo lane, otherwise its a waste of a good passive. And because she is balanced around the passive, if she is put anywhere else, she will be at a disadvantage.

I would like her to be able to compete against Diana, whether it be in mid, top, or the jungle, but how should this be done? Simple!

A Sheen/Hunters Machete on Leona now procs her passive! Why not Riot

Let me be able to solo lane/jungle Leona.. Riot pls.

You have no idea how to play leona do you? yes it would be nice for her to proc her passive too but she can still jungle fine and solo lane

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

I agree but here's the thing, she's much stronger with a team with all that CC, the passive encourages teamwork.

BUT:

She should be able to detonate it with auto attacks, nothing else, then I agree.

Dunked

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
You're not going to like our next champion.
hmm A support that look like a bruiser with a refresh ultimate?

Arceanaux

01-06-2013

you make tons of threads lol

Boomerang69

01-06-2013

Leona is fine if you have peeps taht know whatsdfaskl;fjdksl they doin

kinbountykin

01-06-2013

From the other hint thread, I garnered that the next adc was going to be a girl in ridiculous amounts of Armour who's weapon is a bird. Just my interpretation of the hints, and it would go along with why he'd think the op wouldn't like it (fully-armored ranged ad carry who isn't a tank or bruiser!)

skippymcgee

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
Except she requires a duo lane to make use of her passive.
While that is fine (especially in teamfights, which is where she is meant to be), it means she can't really go anywhere but bottom lane.

You could go to the old days and run two tanks or something, then it'd work. But she still needs an ally, so it has to be bottom, unless we start running two top or two mid.
Ganks are a thing, ya know. While her passive, for CS'ing, is useless in a solo lane, if you have a high-damage jungler like Evelynn a Leona top could be extremely effective.

OtterOfLegend

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternce View Post
Leona was designed as a tank. Tanks like assists. The point of her passive is to get her assists.
Except in order to get an assist through her passive, she has to hit the target with a spell. Which, y'know, would give her an assist anyway.

Her passive is designed to give her an extra layer of "hey, punch this guy!" in the form of a glowing mark and extra damage for the other person doing the hitting, while (subtly) boosting her base ability damage in teamfights. It also works very well in 2v2 encounters, either as a support or (less reliably) during ganks for/by Leona.

Buying Sheen seems a horribly clunky mechanic, and just letting her proc her own debuff would probably make her devastating in top lane thanks to her CC and durability. Though the lack of sustain and escapes might hurt, her huge gap closer makes her less vulnerable to poke than someone like Darius. And she would do pretty darn well in the jungle, with Amumu-level CC and better damage for ganks.

daves3hd

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
You're not going to like our next champion.
I didn't like your last. Fix that one already...