Leona shouldn't have been designed as a support champion. We need to fix her passive.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TombMonk

01-06-2013

Only Leona thread that gets a red reply and it's the red derailing the thread to entirely avoid the point. I guess Riot is happy in the point where Leona is, sadly.

k245

01-06-2013

Jesus Christ do not buff Leona. She's an amazing and fun support. Doing this will just call for screams of "NERF!" She can already jungle and top lane without this!

FlynnOFlenniken

01-06-2013

My problem with this is that if they allow her to proc her own passive in any way they'll have to nerf it, and I don't want it nerfed. :\

invincible13matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
She is a tank. Just because she has to play as a support in the current meta does not change this. She has a tank skill set (lots of CC to set up kills/peel for your squishies, great initiation, amazing SELFISH defensive steroid). Her passive is there to reward your team for following up to the tank's lead, which is what they should be doing in this game. It's also there to prevent Leona from being both unkillable and able to 1v1 people with ease.
People keep saying this, but the fact of the matter is that her kit is actually pretty bad for a tank. Her kit is more like a support's than a tank's. Why?

Because she provides zero sustained, personal threat. She has no damage, and she can't adequately build damage. Furthermore, so tends to roll her face over the entire keyboard at once, burning through all her spells in a single burst, meaning that even when playing as a jungler or top, and actually acquiring gold, so won't provide a whole lot of threat over time. This is largely due to the lack of a mechanic in her kit to encourage her to remain in combat, as she receives no benefit from, say, taking damage (like Amumu) or hitting things (like Shen or even Taric).

It's not just her passive that relegates her to the support role. Some other aspect of her kit would need to be altered in order for her to be a competitive tank.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
You're not going to like our next champion.
is he going to be angus??

TittySprinklesJr

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkywheel View Post
I agree but here's the thing, she's much stronger with a team with all that CC, the passive encourages teamwork.

BUT:

She should be able to detonate it with auto attacks, nothing else, then I agree.
Then it would make Lux's passive obsolete.

Stark Midnight

01-06-2013

Quote:
another support champion? thank god because nami was disappoint.

OpticalShadow

01-06-2013

Quote:
is it going to be a cheese sandwich?

cause im eatting one, and id hate to ruin your plans,.

TheEnygma

01-06-2013

we talking full on female tank? and possibly ice based?

.....i'm learning towards Lissandra here

Hmisay

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
we talking full on female tank? and possibly ice based?

.....i'm learning towards Lissandra here
Sejuani 2.0?

What could go wrong.