Standard runes to buy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZioticX

01-06-2013

Hey guys, right now I'm Lv. 25, almost 26 and I'm going to start buying tier 3 runes now, I know I should have stared at 20 but I used some of my IP on champions (i know not very smart of me)

But I'm not really sure what runes to buy. Are there any standard tier 3 runes that can semi-cover for all champs? I don't have enough IP to buy runes for all the champs I play.

But if it helps I main Garen a lot, but I also like to use other champs quite frequently so buying runes for only him won't really help me that much.

Thanks in advance!

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Armor yellows and mr glyphs are pretty standard and are good in just about all situations. The quints and marks tend to change depending on what kind of damage your champion does (physical or magical)...
Magic pen marks and ap quints are standard for mages... For ad champs you can run either full armor pen
or full ad... or just ad quints and ad marks. I wouldn't run full armor pen because it will be harder for you to last hit but it does work very well on some champions like tryn and fiora.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Defense works for anyone, but your offensive runes will have to change depending on what kind of damage you do. You start with 2 pages, so you could get one for AD and one for AP

FaceRoll13

01-06-2013

My first S2 Rune page was
Flat Physical Damage Red Marks,
Flat Armor Blue Seals,
Flat Magic Resist Yellow Glyphs,
Flat Physical Damage Quints

This is universal for last hitting and early game resistance, and any champ that does some basic attacks. It might not be so good if you are support, and trying for 0 cs.

Kaalika

01-06-2013

Start with AD marks and quints because even AP champions can use better lasthitting, but AD champions can't really use AP.

Get armor seals and magic resist glyphs.

After that get your magic pen marks and AP quints.

Then once you get another page you can start customizing.

The Worst Rumble

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceRoll13 View Post
My first S2 Rune page was
Flat Physical Damage Red Marks,
Flat Armor Yellow Seals,
Flat Magic Resist Blue Glyphs,
Flat Physical Damage Quints

This is universal for last hitting and early game resistance, and any champ that does some basic attacks. It might not be so good if you are support, and trying for 0 cs.
Fixed

TheDjinni

01-06-2013

What champions do you typically play, OP? I'd recommend AD marks and quints, armor seals, and mr glyphs, but if you only play tanky junglers that isn't going to help you much.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-06-2013

each rune type excels in certain stats. all you need to do is open market place and compare contrast runes of different types with the same stat.

seals excel in: health pool, armor, mana regen, health regen
glyphs excel in: magic resist, mana pool, cooldown reduction, ability power
marks excel in: armor penetration, magic penetration, attack speed, physical damage
quintessences excel in: pretty much every stat that they provide.

SchierkeWiking

01-06-2013

This is a very nice guide:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...it-for-lolpros

But I'm not sure fow S3 changes affects it.

Doctor Bumble

01-06-2013

I've been referring to http://youtu.be/U3roxt1ImV8?t=2m50s for my rune pages - it has a couple of nice generic ones.