Patch?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chickdan

01-06-2013

So I am curious as to why we have only seen two patches since the pre-season 3 patch (over a month ago). I know there are a TON of problems with lag and ping spikes, and even the game crashing on people. If Riot is trying to come up with one giant patch, I suggest doing multiple smaller patches. I have seen a lot of games lose players because dev's choose to do less frequent massive patches *cough Battlefield 3 cough*. Anyway I'm not raging, any information would be nice. Thanks guys!

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

01-07-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdan View Post
So I am curious as to why we have only seen two patches since the pre-season 3 patch (over a month ago)
There was this holiday called Christmas that happened recently.

Quote:
I know there are a TON of problems with lag and ping spikes
If these events were happening, they are resolved on our servers which do not require a patch

Statiicz

01-07-2013

[QUOTE=LowPolyCount;33233850]There was this holiday called Christmas that happened recently.

That was quite harsh, kinda funny though.

HolyChalice

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post

If these events were happening, they are resolved on our servers which do not require a patch
Don't you mean holidays? The political correct police might show up at your door this very minute.

Tryphikik

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
Which for some reason it was decided completely destroying the balance of the game just prior to was a good idea... Because you guys were supposedly readying to react quickly with balance changes, aka go on vacation.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryphikik View Post
Which for some reason it was decided completely destroying the balance of the game just prior to was a good idea... Because you guys were supposedly readying to react quickly with balance changes, aka go on vacation.
It's funny because it's true. "We are going to be keeping a watchful eye over the patch and react quickl- brb vacation"

I'm not complaining because you guys went on vacation I just think the timing was rather humorous.

Super Explosion

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChalice View Post
Don't you mean holidays? The political correct police might show up at your door this very minute.
It is quite true that not everyone may be aware of such holidays for an international game.

"There were holidays here recently." might sound nicer.

Xoripan

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
It is quite true that not everyone may be aware of such holidays for an international game.

"There were holidays here recently." might sound nicer.
christmas is known among all the planet, except you are from a lost tribe who never contacted civilization because you live in some lost jungle is imposible to not know christmas, although is not celebrated everywhere it is known everywhere

Super Explosion

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
christmas is known among all the planet, except you are from a lost tribe who never contacted civilization because you live in some lost jungle is imposible to not know christmas, although is not celebrated everywhere it is known everywhere
That's quite arrogant and untrue.

It's further untrue that everyone, even in modern civilization, keeps track of when everyone else's holidays are.

Xoripan

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
That's quite arrogant and untrue.
America and South america, Check
Whole Europe Check Even Russia.
Whole Asia, not sure , but Corea, China, Japan (Where Riot Have Servers) Check
Australia Check
Most Africa Check.

I am 100% that everyone knows christmas, if somebody don't if because until today his country/place/tradition hasn't contacted the other world, or doesn't have access to media.

And yes, I include people who doesn't consider it a holidays, but even they knows about it.

Christmas is the baby of capitalism, tradition, and religion, surpassing every one of those aspects and developing into a nalmost species (as human) holiday