Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Reaper awakens. Nex, the Soul Reaper as arrived.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taco the Dragon

01-06-2013

It has been 2000 years since I have last seen the light of day. My hands thirst for the blood of the living, and my soul shudders at the mere thought of someone screaming in pain. For now, I have found a body to host my power, and now the reign of Nex begins now.

Nex, the Soul Reaper:

Roles: Assassin, melee, pusher

Lore:
2000 years ago, there lived a young boy named Nex. He was an odd one to many, some even thought he was a demon. Nex was often avoided and discriminated because of his strange ability to read souls. As soon as Nex got to his teenage year, he began to change. After learning so much from other people's souls, Nex's own soul began to twist and corrupt, turning him into an actual demon. Upon seeing his change, the villagers all armed themselves and attacked Nex to rid themselves of his terror. Nex although, being a soul demon, wouldn't die. His body died, but his soul, blacker than the blackest voids arouse from his body, and corrupted a nearby young boy. The villagers then took Nex, and sealed him away in a maze-like tomb. He was never seen again.
2000 years later, Nex found the exit to the maze and broke free from his eternal prison. Now being able to run free, he was caught at Valoran ripping the souls of it's people right from their bodies. Summoners immediatly arrived at the scene of Nex's doing. A dead person, sapped of their soul lied on the ground, dead. Though, soon Nex was caught and brought to the League of Legends. His souls were all drained from him and his power became miniscule. Forced to fight as his payment for ripping a soul from a living being, Nex now fights as one of the League's evilest champions. Even though he is serving time, he is still occastionally caught ripping a soul from various minions.

Mechanics:
Nex works unlike other characters, although he does rely on his passive. Replacing his mana bar is a meter to show the souls he has enslaved from 0 to 1000. Each of his spells consume (But don't cost) souls. Also, the more souls you have, the stronger your spells will be, and the more souls will be taken when you cast a spell.

Spells:

Passive: Soul Enslave:
Nex soul taps every enemy he attacks (either with a spell or a basic attack.) and upon the enemy dying, Nex gains their soul. (5 for minions and 50 for champions.) Nex gains 5% of his enslaved souls as attack damage.

Q: Hex Blast:
On first cast, Nex ancors himself to the ground becoming immobile for 4 seconds. During the ancor, Nex can reactivate the ability to fire a skill shot nuke that explodes as soon as it hits an enemy champion.
Damage: 80 / 95 / 110 / 140 / 180. (+0.3 per attack damage.) (every 5 souls increases this attacks damage by 10%)
Cool down: 12 / 11 / 11 / 10 / 10 seconds.
Soul Consuption: 20%
Range: 600 / 700 / 800 / 900 / 1000 units.
Blast radius: 100 (+5 per soul.)

W: Ardour:
Nex leaves his host as a large dark spirit and creates a field around him, stunning enemies who remain too close to him for a duration.
Stun length: 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 seconds.
Seconds till stun: 2 / 1.75 / 1.5 / 1.25 / 1 second.
Radius of field: 300 units.
Cool down: 23 / 22.5 / 22 / 22 / 21 seconds.

E: Reckless Assault:
Nex dashes to the target enemy or ally. If the target is an enemy, Nex will deal damage to them.
Damage: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+0.75 per attack damage.) (+1 damage per soul.)
Cool down: 20 / 18 / 16 / 16 / 16 seconds.

R: Solace:
Nex and target enemy champion can no longer be seen by vision wards or regular sight. Nex becomes untargetable and apears as a large, black, flying ghost. The target's screen becomes ghost-like and black and white. During this effect, several black ghosts will rush to the target, and when they touch the target explode. black ghosts appear when Nex reactivates the ability and can be reactivated every half second. After a few seconds, Nex will yell "DIE!" which everyone will hear, dealing physical damage to the target and ending the effect.
Charge time: 3 seconds.
Damage per ghost: 100 / 135 / 150 (+0.35 per soul.) (+0.35 per attack damage.)
Ghost speed: 400 / 410 / 420.
Duration: 3 / 4 / 5 seconds.
DIE! damage: 35 / 45 / 50% of the damage delt with ghosts.
Cool down: 200 / 180 / 160 seconds.

Quotes:

Chosen:
"Lets steal some souls, shall we?"

Move:
"You're ordering a Soul Reaper... ok."
"Don't do anything stupid... that's my job."
"Enslave some souls? Lets go."
"Heading your way."
"Fine."

Attack:
"Souls! my PRECIOUS souls!"
"I will tear you apart, then take your soul."

Joke:
"Knock knock, whos there? nothing. Shut up."
"Knock knock, whos there? Your moniter, telling you to pay attention."

Taunt:
"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, you have a soul, I'll take it maybe!"

Conversion Gel

01-06-2013

Netsu from Fairy Tail??

Taco the Dragon

01-06-2013

Quote:
Conversion Gel:
Netsu from Fairy Tail??

That's not Natsu, and this is just an example of what he looks like.

tedsterkid

01-06-2013

This idea sounds awesome

tedsterkid

01-06-2013

Although a more extensive lore would be better.

Ferr3t

01-06-2013

I like the idea. Imo, though, you should specify how the abilities interact with souls more thoroughly. His Q, I would say have either the range or the speed scale with the souls consumed, not both. Otherwise it becomes simply too unreliable. Ardour I'm assuming is a constantly consuming toggle ability, Reckless Assault I'm guessing would simply have a percentage cost and therefore be a weighing of risks (do I want to close the gap and try to get the kill, or save my souls for if I really need them) while Solace should logically be "consume all souls, damage scales with all souls consumed." Am I right on this?

Also, I agree with the need for more expansive lore.

Taco the Dragon

01-07-2013

With this positive feed back, I will now remake the thread into much more detail.

Conversion Gel

01-07-2013

Quote:
Taco the Dragon:
That's not Natsu, and this is just an example of what he looks like.

gray sorry >.>

Taco the Dragon

01-08-2013

Bump for champions.