Vote to dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryios

01-05-2013

People shouldn't be forced to play with trolls and non team players. Anyone who makes claim of a lane that's already been called and tells their team straight up in the chat before the match "idc, Im going to do what I want" is a non team player.

I don't see how throwing up a "vote to dodge (yes/no)" at the end of champion selection would do anything but make a more enjoyable experience.

The only bad thing I could see happening is 4 man premades with one pickup dodging everytime they don't like their fifth's champion choice. In which case the 4 man premades should count as 1 vote and the pick up as 1 and 100% needed to dodge.

In ranked, I totally agree, this is a bad idea. Draft takes forever already, dodges are 100* more annoying in ranked. That's why I said normals only, and by normal I mean normal pick, not draft.

Deathsin7

01-05-2013

should be 4 out of 5 imo. otherwise good idea

Ryios

01-05-2013

Doding is enjoyable a lot actually. When I am looking at a team comp and a troll and I know we are going to loose nothing makes me happier than to see "summoner 1 left que" 2 seconds before the match starts and I'm like "thank god!".

Raistyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

what if we all had one free dodge? no penalty once per 2-4 hours or something. This way when once in a while you get boned with that jerk captain who bans ashe, varus, and vayne and then instalocks fiddle and tells you to kill yourself (true story), you can bounce without having to hop to a smurf or EU account for 30 min.

for the record, i love fid, but this guy...

Ryios

01-08-2013

1 free dodge would be nice, but usually I need 2 or 3 in a 5 hour gaming session.

Shaabanglyy

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
This game (in normals) should have a mechanism where 3 of 5 people in que can vote to dodge with no penalties.

Typical que where this is needed

1: Player One: Mid
2: Player Two: Sorry bro I'm mid
3. Player Three: Dude Player One called mid
4. Player Two: I dgaf, I'm going mid, I don't care who called what, Im going where I'm going and if you go mid well be two in mid.
...on going name calling, flaming, raging chat for 50 seconds of the picks

Everyone wants to dodge, no one will because of the penalty, you have a horrible match with a mid troll, and everyone wastes 40 minutes of their time just to be able to get to end game and report the guy.

Someone should be able to start a vote to dodge, even if its 4 out of 5, and then get the option to report the guy they voted to dodge because of.
But then...people will be able to vote to doge a counterpick! This ruing the strategy of draft pick. No way around it. Thats why you get a 30 min ban for dodging ranked in the first place. "Enemy picked Yorick?! Im dodging." Thats not fair.

Ryios

01-08-2013

This suggestion wasn't for draft pick, it's for normal blind pick in unranked games. You would get the vote to dodge before you get to see what the enemy team picked. The vote to dodge would be based purely on your teams comfort level with all their team mates. When you have that one troll talking smack before the game even starts, and you all want to dodge, you would vote yes and reque with no penalty.

I think this would change the normal blind pick games a lot, there would be less trolls because they would know they'll never get to play because of vote to dodge.

I agree that this would be a bad idea in draft, and or draft ranked. But would make normal blind picks more enjoyable when you want to practice and pvp without dealing with auto lock trolls..

Ryios

01-10-2013

bump

Rompemann

01-11-2013

I like the idea
I only play normal blind, being a noob, but if that was the only mode where it applied I think it could serve the intended purpose well enough. Potential for abuse is always there of course

Then again, I think the trolls would just delay their trolling until the game started instead of in pre-game chat. "gl hf, oh, I'm going mid even tho you called it because screw you"

Ryios

01-11-2013

Yeah, but you wouldn't need to see a troll in pre game chat to know you need to dodge. You would dodge if the team comp is bad too.

In some cases, the team comp might be bad an no one will dodge. Also no one would initiate the vote to dodge, it would be automatic on a 5 second countdown after champion selection and the 8-10 second summoner spell pick. After the selection screen where you would normally go to the loading screen you would just get a popup "Do you want to disband this match? Y/N", defaulting to N after 5 seconds.

The logic could be done many ways. 4/5 on one team, or say 7 out of 10 on both teams. The downside I see to this is it's quite possible one of the two teams will want to dodge multiple ques in a row, which could get frustrating when you like your team and it has that perfect comp just to see the other team dodge. In which case the team that didn't dodge should get the same team mates on reque, unless one of them left, then it should replace that 1. Pretty sure the reque's already work this way.

It could also get abused by 4 person premades. They could just vote to dodge until they get a pickup they like that will play the lane they want them to.

It has it's up's and downs, but I think for Normal Blind pick it would make for a better overall gaming experience. I would say out of all my losses, half of them were because of an auto lock troll or people who don't know how to pick a decent team composition, like 4 mids and 1 ad bruiser, or 2 mids, 2 adc carries and and ad bruiser with absolutely no CC, etc.

Also, this still wouldn't guarantee a dodge on bad comps. Many premades que with 3 people, and try weird new strats. Had this happen last night, we had Vayne, Kassadin, Soraka, Riven, and Malzahar. Everyone but me (riven) went mid and they were all level 3 when everyone else was level 6. We got destroyed. Such a team would probably vote no on vote to dodge.

This solution is really only to solve problems when 4 people in the que are all comfortable with the picks and teammates but are not comfortable with the 5th member due to them being a troll or picking smite even though jungle is already taken, or going with spells like Clairvoyance and Heal on a manaless champion etc etc etc.