Vote to dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryios

01-05-2013

EDIT: This game (in normal unranked blind pick) should have a mechanism where 4 of 5 people in que can vote to dodge with no penalties.

Typical que where this is needed

1: Player One: Mid
2: Player Two: Sorry bro I'm mid
3. Player Three: Dude Player One called mid
4. Player Two: I dgaf, I'm going mid, I don't care who called what, Im going where I'm going and if you go mid well be two in mid.
...on going name calling, flaming, raging chat for 50 seconds of the picks

Everyone wants to dodge, no one will because of the penalty, you have a horrible match with a mid troll, and everyone wastes 40 minutes of their time just to be able to get to end game and report the guy.

Someone should be able to start a vote to dodge, even if its 4 out of 5, and then get the option to report the guy they voted to dodge because of.

What I envision is you get into the picks. Everyone picks their champ, deals with trolls, team comp issues etc and picks their summoner spells. When it's all done, after champ selection but before anyone see's the loading screen there should be a popup "Continue with Match (Y/N)" that defaults to Y after 5 seconds". If 4/5 people on either team click no the team that clicked no is dumped out of the que and the team that didn't goes back in the que.

Fight The Spider

01-05-2013

I really like the vote to dodge idea, I'm not sure about the reporting part, but that is a really good idea and I hope Riot goes somewhere with that.

Arcana Lancer

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight The Spider View Post
I really like the vote to dodge idea, I'm not sure about the reporting part, but that is a really good idea and I hope Riot goes somewhere with that.
^this

The Cookie

01-05-2013

Queue times are 1 hour long now.

"Oh shoot, we have Karthus mid. I looked at his lolking, time to dodge". then he convinces his duo buddy and another to dogdge

Killamoocow

01-05-2013

"Oh shoot, other team got blitzcrank, time to dodge"

Ryios

01-05-2013

Dodge should only be up on normals, and before you see their team comp

Whyumai

01-05-2013

no.

Dodging should be banned and it should be a punishable offense for dodging.

Dodging allows players to artificially raise their Elo, and while Normal mode doesn't display Elo, it's still there. Allowing players to get to a point where they cannot possibly contribute (because they aren't skilled enough) should not be permitted.

Allowing dodging creates the ability for players to reach an Elo they shouldn't be at.

It's a bad idea for everyone.

Killamoocow

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
Dodge should only be up on normals, and before you see their team comp
that doesn't give people time to **** up and want to dodge in ranked. and point is, I don't want to give people more reasons & methods of dodging. it's hard enough to get into a game and get through draft mode. not to mention at higher elos, this wont solve a thing since you're very likely to end up on the same team as the people who ****ed up your team in the first place.

Fight The Spider

01-05-2013

You all have good points about dodging, but I think if they can find a way to work around that it would be much more enjoyable.

Killamoocow

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight The Spider View Post
You all have good points about dodging, but I think if they can find a way to work around that it would be much more enjoyable.
Think about what you're saying... when is dodging ever enjoyable? Why would riot ever want to make dodging enjoyable?

If anything, the problem lies in the community. While adding a report option at champion select might make a slight difference, I feel like it just adds a lot more gray areas in the tribunal, if it doesn't just inflate the tribunal itself.

I hate seeing people complain to riot about problems in the community as if there some magic solution they can turn to in order to fix all of these problems. Some people you just have to learn to deal with.