KSing: Why it's good.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akimasu

01-05-2013

I'm usually support, or mid - so I don't overly worry about KSes, but I've heard more and more people complain about someone KSing.

If you are 1v1, and you get a kill on someone who's worth a neutral amount of gold - your team games 300 gold. If someone comes at the last second, or karthus ults - LET karthus get the kill. This gives your team +150g, now making 450g. KSes are generally a GOOD thing, and many people look at them in a negative light.

I feel this is a very basic thing that many people just..forget. I see people all the time (especially DARIUS) who will blow a major CD to secure a kill before anyone else gets a chance to hit it - just punishing your team 150G everytime it happens.

Míley Dyrus

01-05-2013

To be fair, Darius's scaling is a bit subpar lategame compared to the ADC he might have taken the kill from, but for the most part, I tell this to my level 10 friend all the time.

adc

01-05-2013

Why should my support KS me as ADC? Why should maokai walk into my lane and KS me as APC or ADC? Why should top lane Darius steal kills from the APC or ADC?

It's all about who's getting the kill (and whether or not they're going to get a penta).

Akimasu

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Why should my support KS me as ADC? Why should maokai walk into my lane and KS me as APC or ADC? Why should top lane Darius steal kills from the APC or ADC?

It's all about who's getting the kill (and whether or not they're going to get a penta).
Can't tell if you're joking or not.

It's basic math: Which is better for your team? 300 gold, or 450 gold?

For starters, Kills aren't worth THAT much. You're talking between 12-16 CS. That's it. That's all a kill is. A couple of minion waves. Yes, a Kill is very good if you can get it - but it's better if there's an assist on there as well.

adc

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimasu View Post
Can't tell if you're joking or not.

For starters, Kills aren't worth THAT much. You're talking between 12-16 CS. That's it. That's all a kill is. A couple of minion waves. Yes, a Kill is very good if you can get it - but it's better if there's an assist on there as well.
You really don't get it, do you? If I'm playing TF mid lane, and I get a kill on the enemy laner, I can buy boots on top of the other stuff I get on the way back. If I only get an assist, however, I don't get that benefit. 12 CS is two waves. That's a HUGE deal, and if you're playing at a level it isn't, I can see why you'd think a maokai kill is better than a TF kill.

Yes, assists are great, and KSes can a lot of the time be called a kill secure not a kill steal. However, Maokai jungle isn't going to put the gold to better use than a mid laner, especially not if that mid laner is an early game champion. Taric won't get as much out of 300 gold as Vayne will. Why do you think Taric should be stealing the kill from Vayne "because that gives you some more gold"? It's gold that Taric won't use anywhere near as effectively as Vayne will.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-05-2013

Quote:
I think you meant to say...

"It's basic math: Which is better for your team? 300 gold on your ADC or 150 gold on your ADC?"

Because 300 gold is far better. If the jungle can manage to get the assist gold that's fine, and yes, generally speaking it is definitely good to score at least one assist on every kill your team gets, but the fact of the matter is, some champions simply make far more use of the gold than others.

Akimasu

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I think you meant to say...

"It's basic math: Which is better for your team? 300 gold on your ADC or 150 gold on your ADC?"

Because 300 gold is far better. If the jungle can manage to get the assist gold that's fine, and yes, generally speaking it is definitely good to score at least one assist on every kill your team gets, but the fact of the matter is, some champions simply make far more use of the gold than others.
While yes, I agree that ADCs should get kills over supports - but honestly how often do you have a 100% secure kill(no chance of losing it, dying, them turning, global ulti, or anything similar), that your support can steal from you? Sure, it happens, but it's extremely rare.

Yes, I think this gold in mid game is better on the ADC. However, in the early game - Especially looking at First blood, Getting that on the support is not a bad thing. Looking at supports like Sona, or Soraka it just makes them zone the enemy harder, poke harder, and secures more CS with less trade for your ADC, or pick up a Pink Ward so that the jungle can gank easier, etc.

Ultimately, especially in early game, I don't really see this huge difference between people getting gold. Anyone getting gold is going to help snowball whatever it is they're doing. A bot with a 600g lead, over a bot with a 400g lead is a pretty sizable difference.

In a perfect world, I'd think aiming for the ADC to get the kill, and the support to get the assist would be the goal - but I honestly feel it's better to let the support get the kill and ADC get assist, over just the adc getting the kill and no assist.

adc

01-05-2013

I'd rather play a game against a support with an earlier sightstone and an ADC with a 200 gold lead as the opposing ADC than a support with a 200 gold lead and an ADC with nearly a full doran's blade up on me.

Just sayin'.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-05-2013

Quote:
but I honestly feel it's better to let the support get the kill and ADC get assist, over just the adc getting the kill and no assist.
It's not.

Well, I mean it, really. If your ADC/Support are getting all the kills/assists and the enemy ADC/Support are just feeding, it really doesn't matter.

But let's say you've got ADC/Support on blue team and their ADC has 150 cs and 3 assists (0 kills), while the support on blue team has 3 kills and no assists, and then you've got purple team, and their ADC has 150 cs and 3 kills, and their support has 0 assists, then blue team may be in trouble come mid and late game.

That enemy ADC is ahead quite a bit of gold, and even though his support is down even more gold relative to the enemy support, supports are picked because of the utility they bring. Sure, and Aegis of the Legion can benefit your whole team with a nice armor aura, but look at it this way...

Whatever item aura team 1 is missing is made up for by the fact that their ADC is putting out more damage than the enemy ADC. Meanwhile, that support Blitzcrank can still yank you in and knock you up regardless of what items he built. Nunu's Bloodboil still does the same thing, and the slow on his E/ult is still just as strong.

The utility a support brings doesn't change that much with a little extra gold. They're better with more gold than less, but the ADC puts the gold to FAR better use.

ChiSqrd

01-05-2013

The only time I think you can truly Ks is when you support takes the kill even though it is obvious that the ADC would have gotten it.

12345 ... 6