Hi guys! I love Dominion and wrote an article for TSM about it!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xavderion

01-06-2013

Good troll would rage again.

Redeemed In Fire

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Hey let's play Trundle because **** yea I want to play him and it's Dominion!!

I would have downvoted the article if I could.
Honestly, if the 4 kings of OPness weren't casting a curse over the map, I'd say trundle would be fine. Not great, but fine.

At the risk of donning +5 Rose-Tinted Glasses of Nostalgia, I feel like Dominion was at least a little less oppressive before BFT + Jayce/Khaz. Kass was strong and bruisers reigned supreme, but it was stable and people found few workarounds to get at least an acceptable variety of champions to play.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

great, someone spends 26 weeks on the nesl and then other guy spends 38 weeks on his own webpage trying to make Dominion competitive which it is, debunks 11k DOllars (to the date) in prize money handed weekly in the form of decent rp for each player that makes it to the round of four or higher and all it takes is One guy to give the wrong impressions to the cattle, , Dominion IS NOT a warming up gamemode particularly because it's totally different to the other gamemodes

tl dr: There's a Meta in Dominion, There's competitive Play weekly, There are plenty of guides about our Meta and you should go read one of those before writing a scumbag article filled with random bantering and loads of misinformation. and before you go.. "But Dominion NU hav ELo Nurmals r srz biznuss" let me tell you, every queue has an Elo, that's how match making works and that's how the featured games work only that the only public ones are teams 3v3 and ranked solo queue summonner's rift.
so if you see a Dominion game on the featured game that's effectively a high elo DOminion game because matchmaking is taking players that are 2k+ Elo in Dominion and showing their game.

Well after pointing out the bad things: Most dominion players started like that: i'm one of the cases that left after the removal of priscillas and even gave effectively negative publicity of the gamemode to a friend that was interested in picking Lol just because of Dominion because he Preferred anythng to a dotalike game (he was a fps player nyways) effectively scaring him away from Lol but then when i played one game and then another and then another and actually had fun trying to figure it out i started discovering team comps and good picks and i'm here for good. SO free Publicity ftw i guess.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Judging from these responses, I don't even think I want to read your article... I have a feeling it will piss me off.

KaWraith

01-06-2013

I think we should all read the article, and then forward it to every Rioter we know.
It says very loudly and very clearly something we all have been talking about:
NO ONE WILL EVER TAKE DOMINION SERIOUSLY WITHOUT RANKED. (sry caps lock)

The article, (to me) looks like a good informative article for people who only care about Ranked SR, and how high their Elo is. Normal queue SR is called 'a waste of 40+ minutes with 10-20 of it being farming minions'
Dominion's awesome game-play, shorter matches, more fun, more intensity, easier access to gold/levels/items, and lots of team-fighting (the cool stuff we know and love) as well as the fact, that you can usually play any champion (most are viable, and picks are far less rigid than SR)~~~you know, all that cool stuff we know and love about Dominion, and why we think it's a better (or equally good) game mode: All of that is dismissed as "cute", simply because there is no Elo in dominion, and without Elo, it's normals, and normals don't matter (unless you are a tryhard).
So here we have someone from the SR community saying, Gee whiz guys, dominion is great; Its my second favorite thing to do next to playing Ranked, cuz Elo is important to me. The author of this article doesn't seem to even have to concept that ranked dominion Could even be a thing... it's on a whole different planet.

also, extreme props and kudos to an article that failed to do any background research whatsoever, (like going to this forum and reading some posts, or going on Dominate Dominion, or talking to any dominion players.)

Sakuri Ono

01-06-2013

aonemphatic@solomid.net

That is the Owner of the site the article is published on under the 'Contact Us' for SoloMid.

I suggest anyone capable of polite, logical conversation, who can refute each and every point in that article, send him a to-the-point (but not too embellished) E-Mail kindly requesting the removal of that article. Having false intel like that spouted on what some gamers could consider a 'reliable source of information' is damaging to the game mode and the community. Getting it taken down would only be a tiny step towards letting Dom have some 'respect'; but I'll take a tiny step forwards over a little skip backwards.

DiscworldDeath

01-06-2013

I'm sorry community, but I'm extremely disappointed in you guys.

While what the article says does not track with what I experience currently, as a Dominion veteran, it matches pretty closely to what I thought, what I felt, what I heard as a beginning Dominion player. And yet, I took the steps, I kept playing Dominion, and I am now a veteran Dominion player.

Let me tell you a secret, no one is born a veteran Dominion player, or a veteran MOBA player. This article takes the time to teach new players some things (even the 1 bot, 4 top is something many new players don't realize without getting shouted at), it gives them incentive to play. It tells them to treat Dominion as a fun activity, and let me tell you people keep playing what's fun, not what's a chore - which is also why I moved to Dominion from SR - which felt like a chore with the laning, just as he noted.

This article is written by someone who has 50% revives in his games, and plays more Dominion than 99% of the LoL community. This is an article that does more for Dominion, by far, than what 99% of the people who posted here, all high and mighty, or who used the downvote button have ever done for the community - including being positive in their games, telling people to come to the Dominion chat-rooms, or explaining to people what they should do in games.

This article should've been embraced by the Dominion community with both arms. Should've focused on the positives, rather than the ****ling (edit: Wow, this got caught by the filter O.O) disagreements.

Treat it as a low Elo player who's excited about Dominion after finding out about it and trying to let all his friends know - that's something to be encouraged, even if it's riddled with errors. You're going to remain without new players if you scoff at everything everyone who "doesn't know as well" says - most of you know less than others, should we take the time to scoff at everything you say? How would you feel?

Dominion community, I am disappointed, you can and should do better. For your own sake.

ZallKlos

01-06-2013

Sounds like what non dominion players think of dominion.

Sakuri Ono

01-06-2013

I have to politely disagree Disc.

The problem is this isn't just some random guy telling his friends/acquaintances this in casual conversation.

This is a 'journalist' trying to pass this information as 'legitimate fact' to a wide audience.

As such he needs to be held to higher standards of accountability; regardless of circumstance.

In Point: Say some local news journalist decides that common folklore/urban rumor regarding a local restaurant, that you have to flash the wait-staff to get any proper service, is true; and publishes that as an article. Despite the claim being silly and blatantly false; damage occurs to everyone.

-The restaurant will lose business from the people who actually believe the article and are objectioned to that behavior (Hey; people believe weirder.)
-They will also 'negatively' gain business from people who actually want to try it out and see if it's true; driving other customers away when that behavior is enacted.
-The paper will lose readers who see that article, know it's ****, and thus lose faith in the paper because they allowed such a thing to be printed.
-The writer will lose credibility for both failing to do the research and not thinking through the ramifications of such an article.

Now if said journalist had just tried to repeat that silly notion as fact say, on his personal blog, or on his Facebook. That's different. That's personal opinion voiced in a private sector. But placing that opinion on a proper news source gives it the onus of having to be factually accurate (unless you're a tabloid; or a new station with no moral-basis).

Which, in the case of the Dom article and of my example; it is not.

I'm not saying 'Off with his head!' I'm saying 'Go back and try again please.'

Infirc

01-06-2013

@discworld one of the things that i'd like to point about the articvle is that he encourages to "not care about winning and losing cu zis just ****ing Dominion"... first of all the way it's written and the wording used is tremendously despective and second of all that attittude shouldn't be encouraged for ANY gamemode, if you go with that attittude on Any gamemode be sure you'll ruin other 3-4 people's game just for selfish reasons because youa ren't the only one playing in the game, so not only the article is filled with poor wording it ALSO PUBLICLY Encourages bad and Selfish attittudes on a frequently visited site. i'm kind of glad for the free publicity but not when it mostly encourages trolling or selfish attittudes.