Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi guys! I love Dominion and wrote an article for TSM about it!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dcgreen

01-05-2013

I think Dominion is the next best mode of League after Summoner's Rift 5v5! I wrote an article about its importance in the game and improving player skill, as well about how much fun it is!

Please take a read and I hope you guys enjoy and agree

http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/glory-of-the-climb-dominion-how-it-can-help-you-win-lane-and-win-games-1284/

NamKim

01-05-2013

Quote:
You can instalock any champ you want and people don’t rage at you; you’re also almost guaranteed to play whatever champ you have been thinking about all day at school, work, or those 5 minutes it took to start up your computer. Ever queued for a game and been like “OMFG I AM GONNA PLAY THE **** OUTTA SOME FIZZ RIGHT NOW!” and then you realize you are last pick and you have to play Support; which is fine support is actually fun now, but you really wanted to play that certain champ. Again think Dominion (Fizz is never taken from me). The best part about Dominion is it doesn’t even matter if you win or lose cuz its F#$KING DOMINION! Sure its more fun to win, you even get your 1st win of the day bonus (200+ IP) if you do, but how can you complain when you got to spend 20 minutes on your favorite champion melting everyone’s face off? Dominion is the most stress free and rewarding game mode to play in League hands down, which makes it the best mode to play for warming up!

Quote:
So the next time you hit the “PLAY” button, make sure to switch modes from Classic to Dominion and have fun! I guarantee if you adapt this outlook you will see your ELO go up

David12596

01-05-2013

Quote:
"You can instalock any champ you want"

"The best part about Dominion is it doesn’t even matter if you win or lose cuz its F#$KING DOMINION!"

This is the exact reason i don't play normal queue anymore and only do in-houses.

A12MO12

01-05-2013

this kind of attitude is the problem i come across all too often.

Believe it or not there are good and bad team compositions on dominion and surprisingly enough some people are competitive. Check out dominatedominion channel on twitch to see some vods of tournies held on saturdays and skip to the finals/semi finals to see some high level play.

Please don't promote people to instalock whatever they want and to not care about losing because it's dominion. I know the way you said it was different but the way you describe makes me think of some guy saying "yolo it's dominion" and that's pretty messed up.

DiscworldDeath

01-05-2013

TBH, this is how I began playing Dominion. Began playing one game a day for SR warm up, played a lot when I had an XP boost for a weekend because I could get more games.

And then I stuck with it, because it was a lot more fun and less stressful. But now here I am, stressing over Dominion

Orphane

01-06-2013

At first I had an epic rage post wound up for this thread.

Then I read what you wrote, and while I really don't approve of the wording and attitude you use in the section where you discuss picks and Dominion as a "warm-up" game mode, I appreciate the sentiments you express in the other sections in regards to what Dominion can do to hone your League skills as a whole.

There are people who take Dominion more seriously than SR (most of the people on this forum, myself included), and the section about champ picks are probably gonna rub them the wrong way. Team comps can definitely make a huge difference in determining the outcome of a game.

Veni13

01-06-2013

Oh God. You, good sir, are very much out of touch with the Dominion community if that's your outlook on Dominion. Tbh the very first sentence of your OP put me on guard.

But I'm glad you like the mode, hopefully with time you will acquire a bit more respect for Dominion and Dominion players.

DiscworldDeath

01-06-2013

Again, first get them to play the game, enjoy it, and as they keep playing and hopefully winning, I believe most will get a tad more serious/team oriented about their team composition/picks and play.

But first they need to play the game.

Das Strychnine

01-06-2013

I wouldn't complain, people do say there is no such thing as bad publicity. Free publicity is still publicity and if this article makes a couple of hundred TSM fan boys start playing then that's better than nothing I guess

FeanorAlmighty

01-06-2013

Hey let's play Trundle because **** yea I want to play him and it's Dominion!!

I would have downvoted the article if I could.