why is talon so overlooked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Filthy Meadows

01-05-2013

every single "tier" list i see excludes talon, i'm literally almost unbeaten as talon in 3s, he snowballs extremely well, and completely destroys any squishies on the map

why is he so overlooked?

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

He's an assassin and you play him on a map dominated by TDPS. He loses his matchups, you as a player just outplay your enemies.

pig of denmark

01-06-2013

Cause when you come agianst 3 bruisers. talon kinda is nothing. part of being an ad caster

Filthy Meadows

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig of denmark View Post
Cause when you come agianst 3 bruisers. talon kinda is nothing. part of being an ad caster
i have no problems fighting against olafs and rivens using talon...

AndersMMO

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
why is he so overlooked?
He falls victim to the same downfalls of other AD Assassins, but an additional difference is; much of his power-level budget was spent making his ultimate "more powerful" by making him go invisible, if you remove that factor, which a good team would, that's lost power-level... power-level that isn't lost in the budget of comparable AD Sins like Zed. By comparison, champions who also lose that power-level, Zix and Rengar; they both have innate tankiness or self healing to counter-act the loss of power-budget, Talon simply doesn't.

A properly-played rushed Grez means that your ultimate will never net you actual invisibility, add a second item Warden's Mail to the equation and that's a minimum of 1 person on your enemy team that you do more or less no damage too. Your loss of invisibility means the loss of your ability to escape, and your undeniable squishiness compounds with your damage being highly mitigateable.

Now don't get me wrong; Talon is good.

Is he great? No.

Is he better than Zed, Kha'Zix, or Rengar, his primary archetypical overlappers? Also, No.

That's why he's overlooked.

AndersMMO

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
i have no problems fighting against olafs and rivens using talon...
That's because the Olafs don't go Grez > Warden's Mail > Phage > Frozen Heart > FroMal on you. You wouldn't be able to lane for your life.

WillWW

01-06-2013

To play him anyway else would be assassinine.

Lumione

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
To play him anyway else would be assassinine.
gg wp

Lumione

01-07-2013

i've met some talons that played well, but unfortunately not well enough to win. With black cleaver he can do significant amounts of damage but building phage/black cleaver/randuins and other health items, his full burst still leaves you with plenty of health to stay in the fight. He's a good character, sure, but he can be easily countered.

Foonakie

01-07-2013

Quote:
Zix and Rengar; they both have innate tankiness or self healing to counter-act the loss of power-budget, Talon simply doesn't.
funny you mention both of them as I just had a game with both of them on my team and we squashed them.