Error, Graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoohJam

07-23-2010

Jesse Perring i have been playing LoL since the week Mord came out and have had no problems. Today i have been unable to join two games because of a DirectX Shader Model 2.0 error. Here is my DXDiag and I hope you can solve my problem

Thank you

xD

Hotsasuma

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3rdhell View Post
i could play LoL before i was put in a situation where i had to format my laptop and install windows 7 and that caused this problem for me.

I think it has something to do with the basic video adapter it installs in windows 7. (if u have windows 7 that is)

unfortunately i didn't check what graphics card i had before formatting which has made fixing this issue troublesome.
x.x i barley installed Windows 7 and i was playing LoL before installing Windows 7 but after being installed it keeps on saying your video card "Error, Your graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0. Please make sureyour video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using the drivers from the manufacture."

heres my dxdiag

EDIT: I downloaded the driver that supports my Graphic card and its working now

Relictor

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFishy View Post
I've been recently having the same issue ShoeToe is/was having. Just yesterday the game would crash mid-game and would crash my system every few seconds, though it wouldn't restart but would just refresh. And even after restarting my system manually through the on/off button, it would still crash/refresh, even while at the login screen. I would uninstall/reinstall several times both LoL and the graphics drivers several times - as uninstalling Adobe Air and LoL would solve this issue - and it would crash just the same. After the last crash, I finally got the shader model 2.0 error, which is kind of weird since I have an 8800GT installed. Anyway, attached is my dxdiag file. Hopefully this'll help with resolving what kind of problem I'm having.
I have the same problem. Here is my dxdiag. I updated all my drivers and still doesn't work. Also after my pc crashed while I was playing, when got back into windows 7 my nvidia control panel isn't showing when I right click the desktop.

JusForFun69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

I've always had this problem. "shader 2.0 is needed" So please help me jesse =[

Here's my dxdiag

Attachment 53928

captain mactavis

09-20-2010

Im getting the shader model 2.0 **** too how do u fix tht is u just have to get a new video card driver where can i get one without viruses

Lðgic

09-20-2010

hi, ive been playing LoL for 6 months now without a problem, i just upgraded my system from XP to windows 7, and i wiped everything off in the process. one of the first things i did was re-install LoL and i was super stoked about to play my first match and then this error comes up. im pretty dissappointed seeing as i havent changed anything with my graphics/video card or whatever. this being said, im not so good at techie stuff so maybe im missing something simple. ive read over the thread and cant seem to figure out what driver supports my video card, cause i dont know what kind of video card im using. i am attaching my dxdiag and PLEASE if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Dreamdate

09-20-2010

most pc u buy at store for 300$ dont come with a video card that can support the game... u most likely need an aftermarket card.. the ones u get in pc from store are built into the hardware that are BLEH

Dan Daze

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaethor View Post
hi, ive been playing LoL for 6 months now without a problem, i just upgraded my system from XP to windows 7, and i wiped everything off in the process. one of the first things i did was re-install LoL and i was super stoked about to play my first match and then this error comes up. im pretty dissappointed seeing as i havent changed anything with my graphics/video card or whatever. this being said, im not so good at techie stuff so maybe im missing something simple. ive read over the thread and cant seem to figure out what driver supports my video card, cause i dont know what kind of video card im using. i am attaching my dxdiag and PLEASE if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Found your driver, enjoy: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...2&lang=English
(download and install)

Dreamdate

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaethor View Post
I really dont know how u were playing before with XP installed.... you have very low RAM and no actual video card. It must of been very choppy and laggy. But there isnt much u can do with a laptop. You can upgrade RAM cause i think the minimum for Win 7 was 2Gig i thought. I havent done any actual research on the minimums. I would actually revert back to xp since u could play on it... You MOST likely not be able to put a video card in laptop... Laptops are what u buy is what u get. Upradeable parts are HD and memory. You can see if you can get like 2gig or 4gig of RAM

Dan Daze

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamdate View Post
I really dont know how u were playing before with XP installed.... you have very low RAM and no actual video card. It must of been very choppy and laggy. But there isnt much u can do with a laptop. You can upgrade RAM cause i think the minimum for Win 7 was 2Gig i thought. I havent done any actual research on the minimums. I would actually revert back to xp since u could play on it... You MOST likely not be able to put a video card in laptop... Laptops are what u buy is what u get. Upradeable parts are HD and memory. You can see if you can get like 2gig or 4gig of RAM
Actually, he meets the minimum requirements for windows 7 32bit and I was able to run LoL on my old computer which was surprisingly similar to his.(20-30fps on low)

1234567 ... 11