Council initiative Proposition.

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corrupted Sniper

01-06-2013

Why does everyone goes around thinking there is problems when there is none? To think it all started with one thread...

Ergheis

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Sniper View Post
Why does everyone goes around thinking there is problems when there is none? To think it all started with one thread...
If there weren't problems, we wouldn't have so many problems.

I..... Don't know how to explain that to you further. The evidence of many arguments going nowhere is fairly obvious if you've been watching for a while.

Corrupted Sniper

01-06-2013

No no, perhaps I just wasn't stating my mind clear enough.

The so called problems we have is minimalistic at best, for a lone thread can be lost in the course of time, but everyone gets curious and floods in and starts voicing their own opinions. That causes the thread to stay on the first page and to constantly attract other people's attention.

This very problem does not affect the fundamental of this forum. The forum is still functioning as it's original designated purpose and people still goes around asking and answering questions. Doing their Role playing like usual. So what is the problem truly other then just a few strongly voiced opinions and an annoying dangling thread that serves no great purpose?

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-06-2013

Giving anyone here power is a bad decision, mostly because you would give them power without giving them power. It's confusingly undoable.

TeoLeif

01-06-2013

I think it's important to let people know that there are several problems on these forums, and just because you've never heard of the issue or never been involved in it does not mean it isn't a problem and is not important. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and with a community this large several of those opinions collide. This group that Ergheis and several others before him have suggested is meant to be a sort of "peer mediators" that will provide insight to those in an argument that gets very heated and drawn out. Their role will not be to set rules or barriers, but simply to give input, ideas and suggestions on what they know. They will be there to hopefully iron out the confusion points and help both sides see all points of the argument in order to come to a more peaceful solution. And, as I stated before, there are countless arguments like this showing up every day on these forums. They do exist, so don't think that just because you haven't read or heard about them means they aren't an issue.

Corrupted Sniper

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoLeif View Post
I think it's important to let people know that there are several problems on these forums, and just because you've never heard of the issue or never been involved in it does not mean it isn't a problem and is not important. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and with a community this large several of those opinions collide. This group that Ergheis and several others before him have suggested is meant to be a sort of "peer mediators" that will provide insight to those in an argument that gets very heated and drawn out. Their role will not be to set rules or barriers, but simply to give input, ideas and suggestions on what they know. They will be there to hopefully iron out the confusion points and help both sides see all points of the argument in order to come to a more peaceful solution. And, as I stated before, there are countless arguments like this showing up every day on these forums. They do exist, so don't think that just because you haven't read or heard about them means they aren't an issue.
Opinions are meant to collide... Humans are biased at nature and will continue to be so. What I am suggesting is why not leave the forum with it's colours, but instead paint it into black and white? How many arguments have actually stayed on the front page even? More then a month? Right now I can only see one on the first page. Everything else is Role Playing.

Ergheis

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Sniper View Post
No no, perhaps I just wasn't stating my mind clear enough.

The so called problems we have is minimalistic at best, for a lone thread can be lost in the course of time, but everyone gets curious and floods in and starts voicing their own opinions. That causes the thread to stay on the first page and to constantly attract other people's attention.

This very problem does not affect the fundamental of this forum. The forum is still functioning as it's original designated purpose and people still goes around asking and answering questions. Doing their Role playing like usual. So what is the problem truly other then just a few strongly voiced opinions and an annoying dangling thread that serves no great purpose?
When an argument is held about how an RPer or many RPers are going about RPing, then the argument directly affects how the RPers in question will continue having fun on these forums. This is a legitimate and hardly minimal argument, this is defining whether people do things or not.

When arguments force an Akali or Sejuani to leave, there needs to be something different done. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to call that opinion. That is definitely something wrong with how we do things.

Ergheis

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Giving anyone here power is a bad decision, mostly because you would give them power without giving them power. It's confusingly undoable.
This wouldn't be a position of power, it'd be more like a volunteer job. I doubt anyone who wants to control the forums would enjoy this job.

Corrupted Sniper

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
When an argument is held about how an RPer or many RPers are going about RPing, then the argument directly affects how the RPers in question will continue having fun on these forums. This is a legitimate and hardly minimal argument, this is defining whether people do things or not.

When arguments force an Akali or Sejuani to leave, there needs to be something different done. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to call that opinion. That is definitely something wrong with how we do things.
Judging from what you have just said I would take a different stance on this matter.

However, to suggest a council would be able to solve our problems is too sweet.
Some individuals in this forum holds more power then others, that is undeniable and this requires attention more then others.

Dear Urgot

01-06-2013

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On a separate note...whoever made that Urgot fanfic thread: I want his head on a platter.

1234567 ... 10