Fiora Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rizonda

12-22-2012

Right now Fiora really has no place. Top lane she gets crushed in lane generally (yes, even properly utilizing her passive) and she's a very sub par jungler. I really like this Champion and would like her to be viable. She is after all a "Master duelist" you'd think she'd be at least strong in lane, like some other champions are. Are there any changes down the pipe with her, or are you guys (riot) content with where she currently is?

I Haven't really thought about what needs to be changed, but some people have mentioned things in the past. Like her Q being able to jump to allied minions/champions for escapes or gap closing, her W being able to work/block on towers like Panth's passive, her Ultimate need's some work Along with maybe her base stats. I don't know what if any of these would fix her or make her op, i just know she doesn't really fit, and i think if you changed some numbers, or added something to her current kit skills, she could be much stronger, which she needs to be.

Gabelous

12-22-2012

I kind of find it silly her Riposte only works on basic attacks. I mean those are generally the last things you want to block, and it pretty much means it is only really useable versus ADCs to rely more on their AAs to deal damage.

Inmund

12-22-2012

try Fiora adc with a good Shen as a support

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-22-2012

what do you do with her passive?

vVvMagwai

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabelous View Post
I kind of find it silly her Riposte only works on basic attacks. I mean those are generally the last things you want to block, and it pretty much means it is only really useable versus ADCs to rely more on their AAs to deal damage.
Completely blocking any "on next hit" ability like for Nasus, garen, renekton, rengar, wukong...and more.

Yeah. Useless.

In not saying its the most amazing ability ever. It just has its uses.

FriendlyGarchomp

12-22-2012

I also honestly don't think she has really strong lane presence because:
1) She doesnt really have any ranged harrass
2) No escapes
and
3) Her w does need more uses

Rimed Riesling

12-23-2012

Personally I would love Riot to revisit Fiora and give her some love, she's really fun and I would love to see her fit in somewhere.

Duelist - Compared to other sustain passives is very lackluster. At level 18 you get 100 Health over 6 seconds, assuming you hit just champions 4 times. I think if the passive was over a shorter period of time or higher base health back or a combination of both it would be better and would encourage trading and actually dueling.

Lunge - Once Fiora reaches her target she needs to auto attack that target, much like they did for Akali's Shadow Dance.

Riposte - Needs to be changed the Physical Daamge and scale off AD. Concept wise, she's a Duelist that slices up her enemies with her sword, why does she deal Magic Damage when parrying? I think this would also make it more rewarding for using Riposte during duels.

Burst of Speed - This skill is fine, but I think it would nice if it lasted a little longer to ensure she can get kills. I feel like this is Fiora's bread and butter skills because she is an Auto Attack based champion.

Blade Waltz - The skill is great but... There are many situations where you get "carried away" by champions, ie using Blade Waltz on Shyvana as she Dragon's Descent. Where I don't find it too much of a problem, I think it would be interesting if she was able to Silence her initial target. Also removing the channel time on the cast would be great.

The main thing Fiora doesn't have compared to other Melee Carries is she has no CC of any kind. This makes her not viable in Top Lane as most of them have a combination of CC, durability, self buffs, good damage, and sustain. Where Fiora has no CC, no durability, a good self buff (Burst of Speed), mediocre damage even with Blade Waltz, and mediocre sustain.

Well this ended up being a longer response than intended, my bad.

Jasta007

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmund View Post
try Fiora adc with a good Shen as a support
Fiora duo lane bot? So she can fall behind even more?

She's a broken champ at the moment. Once every ten games you might get incredibly lucky and get fed by your lane opponent and then she'll disintegrate every champ on the other team.

The other nine games she gets shut down hard and spends the rest of the match poking people with a pin and wondering why she's the one that always goes pop.

Frightning

12-23-2012

There aren't the many true melee carries in League, and most of them aren't viable as a melee carry. It seems Riot still hasn't figured out how to design viable melee carries. What they're missing (and what Fiora is missing) is a mechanic by which they get defense by buying offense. (To see why this is the problem, look at DotA and how strength works for melee carries in that game. It give them health for buying damage.) Jax has this in his ultimate, he also has the only source of dodge in the game, his E. These together, give him the defense he needs to get in melee range and carry like he's supposed to. Fiora doesn't have such a mechanic, yes her ult does make her untargetable, but you can't do anything else while ulting, which means not being able to take advantage of your E and base attacks, which is really most of her damage. As such, she fails to be viable as a melee carry. I have had a fair bit of success with playing her as a damage heavy anti-carry, I've had even more success with this approach on Master Yi.

tl:dr, what Fiora needs is what the rest of the melee carries need, a rework to give them a defense for offense mechanic and by extension, be made viable.

Alithalor

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebum View Post
Completely blocking any "on next hit" ability like for Nasus, garen, renekton, rengar, wukong...and more.

Yeah. Useless.

In not saying its the most amazing ability ever. It just has its uses.
This isn't entirely true... You still get Silenced, Stunned, Armour Reduction, etc... The damage might not go through but the effect still does.